First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I reached out to Front Runner Outfitters to see if they would have a solution for Bronco and this is the response I received:

Thanks for reaching out. We are planning on it, yes! We actually ordered one and we are waiting for it to arrive to start work on it! It Will probably be a while out, but it is in our plans!

This seems to me like it will be the best solution to increase that measly static/dynamic load rating.

www.frontrunneroutfitters.com
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To bad that all those PreProduction Broncos couldn't go to vendors instead of the crusher. Cuz if they have to wait like us... we'll never see our aftermarket.

Hopefully all of them are buying the base with no add ons to get theirs quick!

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To bad that all those PreProduction Broncos couldn't go to vendors instead of the crusher. Cuz if they have to wait like us... we'll never see our aftermarket.

That's a good point. They should be donated for aftermarket engineering...but, now with that big announcement with Ford pairing up with ARB, RTR and 4WP...it sounds like they do...but only to select companies.

I really like the idea of Front Runner's Slim Line racks that would potentially bolt to the provided front points and mount to the inner roll bars.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My vote is for integrated LED lighting all over with a remote control reciever, so the single wire coming up the passenger A-pillar can be the master switch and you control each zone with a remote. Zones could be pod lights on the front and rear corners, and strip lighting down the sides. Could also even just leave the wires for the pods/bars available and people could install their own, but keep the functionality of the remote controlled zones.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes I see stuff that just gets me really excited about getting the Bronco. Today it was the simple front runner awning attached to the roof rack. I have seen other pictures almost exactly the same, but this morning for some reason, I saw it and thought how awesome it’s going to be to go camping and drink a cup of coffee under something like that. I can’t wait.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If I was a manufacturer I would NOT want a Bronco produced on non-production tooling. Imagine designing, setting up your tooling, and the tolerancing is completely off.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I was a manufacturer I would NOT want a Bronco produced on non-production tooling. Imagine designing, setting up your tooling, and the tolerancing is completely off.
Good point.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would... Most of PreProduction differences would not really effect your accessory, and you would get a head start on all the compititon for at least prototyping yourself.

Things like bumpers and rock rails couple easily have been either done or 99% done on one of those Concept cars or HOH cars, etc.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would... Most of PreProduction differences would not really effect your accessory, and you would get a head start on all the compititon for at least prototyping yourself.

Things like bumpers and rock rails couple easily have been either done or 99% done on one of those Concept cars or HOH cars, etc.
The problem I would see would be a running change between prototype and production especially if the preproduction Bronco you got had one minor difference than production ones.

audipwr1

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford and others
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anyone heard any updates on this? Going Yakima if not in the summer for these guys

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really want an expedition rack, I would wait for the Front Runner. Those basket racks from Yakima and Thule are not the same thing as an expedition rack. It depends what you are going to put up there (and how you want it to look).

But if you are thinking a tire, a cooler, solar panel, maybe a tent, etc, then you need a real rack. If you are thinking an occasional luggage overflow then the basket style is fine.

I have a Front Runner that I have been really happy with. If you install it right, the noise is minimal. It did require some tweaking for noise. It's no Hannibal, but it's the best solution I have found in the U.S.

audipwr1

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford and others
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
cooler / big duffels of camping gear or ski gear - i think the flat yakima is "ok" clearly not as good as front runner - though I also think they will need different mounting to the frame vs using roof rails too

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reached out to Front Runner Outfitters to see if they would have a solution for Bronco and this is the response I received:

Thanks for reaching out. We are planning on it, yes! We actually ordered one and we are waiting for it to arrive to start work on it! It Will probably be a while out, but it is in our plans!

This seems to me like it will be the best solution to increase that measly static/dynamic load rating.

www.frontrunneroutfitters.com
I have a Front Runner Rack on my Tacoma and love it. They'll be the first company I look at for an aftermarket rack on the Bronco.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to see some sort of update on this.
I know many people are still waiting on their Bronco order, but they could have easily acquired one for development and testing by now.
Sponsored