Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most pics I've seen, 4 Dr or 2dr, the front end is not level. I had a TJ whose front end drooped after I installed a winch. Assuming adding a winch will cause a similar issue I would want to add different front springs (no spacers!).
Any idea what brand Ford is using? I don't see anything released on the accessories list yet but thinking ahead. I read in previous threads to expect to pay roughly $300 or so.

Any related thoughts appreciated.

Edit/Update: I'm ordering a BL, 2DR, Squatch
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe Sasquatch take offs from someone going to go with some more radical?

Edit: I see by your edit that you already are getting Squatch. Maybe I can buy your take offs :)

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The stock shocks are Bilstein. No word on what the spring rate is.

I reached out to Falcon shocks last summer and they said they were going to have something for the Bronco. Both the Raptor and Ranger have Fox shock options so it's not hard to think they will have some thing for the Bronco too. I'm sure most of these will offer lift heights but will also provide for leveling. If you just want to level, a spacer is usually sufficient.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh another "leveler" thread. The rear is high for a reason. Changing only the front negatively affects everything.

OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock shocks are Bilstein. No word on what the spring rate is.

I reached out to Falcon shocks last summer and they said they were going to have something for the Bronco. Both the Raptor and Ranger have Fox shock options so it's not hard to think they will have some thing for the Bronco too. I'm sure most of these will offer lift heights but will also provide for leveling. If you just want to level, a spacer is usually sufficient.
I was assuming I could simply swap the springs and use the Bilstein

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was assuming I could simply swap the springs and use the Bilstein
I would think you can because your not raising the front just making up for the droop of the extra weight of a winch.

OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh another "leveler" thread. The rear is high for a reason. Changing only the front negatively affects everything.
I did a search, didn't find my answer. Good to know that I need to match all 4 though. Makes sense and didn't think about that.
Don't get me wrong, if the front doesn't sag that much, I won't worry about it. But seeing some of these pics has me thinking. Maybe they'll figure it out for production

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did a search, didn't find my answer. Good to know that I need to match all 4 though. Makes sense and didn't think about that.
Don't get me wrong, if the front doesn't sag that much, I won't worry about it. But seeing some of these pics has me thinking. Maybe they'll figure it out for production
Yeah not trying to be a dick. Alot of people want the front end higher, i think because their dog looks so happy when it drags its ass on the carpet and they want that feeling for themselves. Leveling kits mostly just shine bright lights in peoples eyes, catch wind and cause mpg loss, make it look like you're working hard when you have a bag of groceries in the back, and affects the ways the front suspension transmits loads differently front the rear.

For a winch I would try a synthetic line which is easily going to cut weight by 30-40% and maybe if you arent satified look into adjustable coilovers as they become available or just the same height coils as stock with a higher spring rate. Or lift the whole truck.

OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah not trying to be a dick. Alot of people want the front end higher, i think because their dog looks so happy when it drags its ass on the carpet and they want that feeling for themselves. Leveling kits mostly just shine bright lights in peoples eyes, catch wind and cause mpg loss, make it look like you're working hard when you have a bag of groceries in the back, and affects the ways the front suspension transmits loads differently front the rear.

For a winch I would try a synthetic line which is easily going to cut weight by 30-40% and maybe if you arent satified look into adjustable coilovers as they become available or just the same height coils as stock with a higher spring rate. Or lift the whole truck.
Preciate the ideas, and you're not being a dick. The synthetic line is a good idea and I think the Warn in the winch package is synthetic. My old winch was steel line...heavy.

You bring up a good point in that I don't want to mess with the weight transfer as designed. I have to trust they engineered it to perform to meet requirements/targets with the winch in place so might be best to just leave it alone.
My concern is not just the looks, but also performance. There's not a lot of wheel travel with the 35s as it is.
Thanks again

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Most pics I've seen, 4 Dr or 2dr, the front end is not level. I had a TJ whose front end drooped after I installed a winch. Assuming adding a winch will cause a similar issue I would want to add different front springs (no spacers!).
Any idea what brand Ford is using? I don't see anything released on the accessories list yet but thinking ahead. I read in previous threads to expect to pay roughly $300 or so.

Any related thoughts appreciated.

Edit/Update: I'm ordering a BL, 2DR, Squatch
Sure you can change the springs, HOWEVER, now you have messed with the valving due to the spring rate change. So then you see IF, Bilstein will offer a valve kit and now you can try endless combinations to get the ride correct. All doable, but do you want to?

Ford designed the Bronco to have a factory winch, so the spring rate, especially on a Squatch, should be fine. Worse case, not ideal, add some leveling pucks, but again, they have their own set of issues, everything is a tradeoff.

BILSTEIN B3: Coil springs in a class of their own.

BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)

Bilstein B8 8112 Zone Control Coilover For Toyota Tacomas
2018-02-01_17-42-33_327254.jpg

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever done it with springs? I’m curious, because I have and all I saw were positive effects on my last off road vehicle. What happened when you did it?

OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure you can change the springs, HOWEVER, now you have messed with the valving due to the spring rate change. So then you see IF, Bilstein will offer a valve kit and now you can try endless combinations to get the ride correct. All doable, but do you want to?

Ford designed the Bronco to have a factory winch, so the spring rate, especially on a Squatch, should be fine. Worse case, not ideal, add some leveling pucks, but again, they have their own set of issues, everything is a tradeoff.

BILSTEIN B3: Coil springs in a class of their own.

BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)

Bilstein B8 8112 Zone Control Coilover For Toyota Tacomas
Ford Bronco Front spring swap 2018-02-01_17-42-33_327254
This is great information and, honestly, set my mind at ease about it. Thanks