Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for coil preload spacers. Anyone found polyurethane coil spacers for the front? Looking for 1/4" to 1/2" spacers to compensate for winch/bumper upgrade.
Sponsored

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m curious about this too. Are the stock springs the same with the 4 and 6 cylinder?

Jason

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Add leveling a kit to compensate for the added weight, that's my plan when the time comes.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not a fan of spacers from my prior experience with with my Jeep but the Bronco may be different. I used TeraFlex spacers on my Jeep given their very reasonable cost at that time, but they did not fare well under the Texas heat. After about 7 to 8 years they became brittle and starting cracking and breaking apart. TeraFlex was great and stepped up to the plate. Not only did they offer to replace all of them under warranty, they recommended using their upgraded coil springs instead of spacers to avoid any future cracking from the heat conditions and provided those much beefier coil springs for just a very small charge. The TF coil spring kit was an option when I originally did the TF spacers but was a lot more money. Looking back, would have done the more costly coil spring kit from the beginning to avoid having to redo all the work years later.

Moral of the story: Look for a long term, durable solution. These rigs go under extreme stress.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already have a spacer lift, it's more to keep the height after bumper/winch. Figured someone has already made a pre load spacer, might have to move to a 3.5" lift as they seem to use a spacer + pre load spacer.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already have a spacer lift, it's more to keep the height after bumper/winch. Figured someone has already made a pre load spacer, might have to move to a 3.5" lift as they seem to use a spacer + pre load spacer.
You could buy one of the zone kits that includes an aluminum 0.4" preload spacer. Or you could try calling them to see if they would sell it separately.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Spacers will not increase the spring strength/weight. You need a stronger spring.
Sponsored