Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just replaced my shocks and added aftermarket UCAs. Maybe it was a coincidence, but whatever I was feeling before is no longer there.
Sponsored

Upde69

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am having the same issue. What has everyone found out?

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine is in the shop today getting the driveline spline lube service done like for the F150s.
I will update tomorrow if that has resolved it.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just replaced my shocks and added aftermarket UCAs. Maybe it was a coincidence, but whatever I was feeling before is no longer there.
Did you do the work or someone else? Find anything loose?

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got 11K miles and mine does the same thing when slowing down. just started a couple of weeks ago.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having the same issue. What has everyone found out?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got 11K miles and mine does the same thing when slowing down. just started a couple of weeks ago.
Hi there. This suspension concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before I call my dealer to schedule a diagnostic appointment, has anyone here experienced a “thump” noise/feeling in their front suspension after releasing its compression? For example, when coming to a full stop at a red light and compressing the front suspension and then upon taking off, there’s this “thump” I hear and feel, almost like somethings loose…
So mine is currently sitting at the dealership waiting to be looked at. Without riding in yours there’s obviously no way to know if we have the same issue though. Mine happens at the same time, split second right before full stop, and also feel it “release” when I begin moving again. I also don’t have a single thump, it’s more like 2-4 little rumbles. Almost feels like something is loading up and then releasing. Service manager has ridden along and also driven it, just doesn’t have enough experience with the Bronco yet.
@Ford Motor Company

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you do the work or someone else? Find anything loose?
I installed the shocks as well as the UCAs. I did not notice anything loose, but I was not even thinking this would resolve the issue. I am still monitoring it closely when I come to a stop and then take off, so far so good now.

Sponsored

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Before I call my dealer to schedule a diagnostic appointment, has anyone here experienced a “thump” noise/feeling in their front suspension after releasing its compression? For example, when coming to a full stop at a red light and compressing the front suspension and then upon taking off, there’s this “thump” I hear and feel, almost like somethings loose…

Thank you for any input!

Thank you for any input!
Any updates?

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any updates?
So had the Spline Clean and Lube service done. It did improve the binding and confirms that it is the issue. Mine had been doing it for some time so it did not get rid of it completely and looks like it may need a replacement spline to fully resolve it.
I think if you do the service when you first start noticing it it should resolve it completely.
Take it to your dealer, it is a quick service to clean and lube it.

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So mine is currently sitting at the dealership waiting to be looked at. Without riding in yours there’s obviously no way to know if we have the same issue though. Mine happens at the same time, split second right before full stop, and also feel it “release” when I begin moving again. I also don’t have a single thump, it’s more like 2-4 little rumbles. Almost feels like something is loading up and then releasing. Service manager has ridden along and also driven it, just doesn’t have enough experience with the Bronco yet.
@Ford Motor Company
Mine feels pretty much exactly like this except for it’s just one thump. It’s sitting at 9k miles and it’s been doing it for the past 6k miles. Doesn’t really feel like it’s gotten worse over time. It’s at the dealer right now for other issues but I might have them look at it while it’s there.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So had the Spline Clean and Lube service done. It did improve the binding and confirms that it is the issue. Mine had been doing it for some time so it did not get rid of it completely and looks like it may need a replacement spline to fully resolve it.
I think if you do the service when you first start noticing it it should resolve it completely.
Take it to your dealer, it is a quick service to clean and lube it.
thanks! Mines doing it occasionally. Will mention it to my dealer when I take it in for a recall.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anybody gotten an update on this from their dealer?
Sponsored