First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well I have had this issue for a few months. Also had a burning smell since new, usually when raining. Figured it was the undercoating burning off but never really went away... today I found this. Front drive shaft boot is torn and missing a section... no grease for probably months. Bring to dealer tomorrow, who missed it for the last two oil changes, questioning their 83 point inspection.

Screenshot_20220911-142624_Gallery.jpg
Hi there, Ben! This thumping noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape Titanium and 2015 Cruze diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update...

Took it in and they confirmed all issues. The boot being torn results in a whole new front driveshaft as the boot is not a replaceable part... lol.

As well they did a PCM reprogram which has fixed the thumping feeling so far.

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a DM thread with a social media consultant (?) where I provided other ownership and contact info. While I haven’t been contacted by anyone else yet, I do have a case #.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me they couldn't feel the the bump when stopping/starting so I told them to drive it again and they felt it the 2nd time but said "it is part of the vehicle's normal operating characteristics and they couldn't find anything from Ford about it."

Yeah right... I can't wait for dealers to be a thing of the past. Why do I have a warranty if dealers are too lazy to actually look into a problem and instead will only see if Ford has the issue on record already? How do they think Ford learns of the issue?

Sponsored

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer told me they couldn't feel the the bump when stopping/starting so I told them to drive it again and they felt it the 2nd time but said "it is part of the vehicle's normal operating characteristics and they couldn't find anything from Ford about it."

Yeah right... I can't wait for dealers to be a thing of the past. Why do I have a warranty if dealers are too lazy to actually look into a problem and instead will only see if Ford has the issue on record already? How do they think Ford learns of the issue?
Vehicle must Vehicle warm. 500km in since PCM update and no issues. New driveshaft will be installed tuesday

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So would you say it’s a software issue if it ultimately fixed the thump? And the torn drive shaft boot is -secondary problem? I have this problem as well and my dealer wasn’t able to replicate. Just trying to be armed with info before taking it back later.

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So would you say it’s a software issue if it ultimately fixed the thump? And the torn drive shaft boot is -secondary problem? I have this problem as well and my dealer wasn’t able to replicate. Just trying to be armed with info before taking it back later.
I would say yes it bust be a software issue. They could replicate and performered a "main control accelerated break-in and updated PCM" As per my service order

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was contacted by customer service about my issue, but the only solution so far was to get a second opinion at a different dealership.

I’m wondering how many others with this problem are inside the dates of the customer service program for drive shaft boot replacement? (BroncoBenni had a torn drive shaft boot and is having it replaced) I started the process for mine yesterday, really hoping this will eliminate my problem.

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was contacted by customer service about my issue, but the only solution so far was to get a second opinion at a different dealership.

I’m wondering how many others with this problem are inside the dates of the customer service program for drive shaft boot replacement? (BroncoBenni had a torn drive shaft boot and is having it replaced) I started the process for mine yesterday, really hoping this will eliminate my problem.
Been replaced for about a month now and about 1500km driven. Happy to say everything is going great. No issues since driveshaft was replaced.

Sponsored

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been replaced for about a month now and about 1500km driven. Happy to say everything is going great. No issues since driveshaft was replaced.
Good to hear your issue was resolved, and can’t wait to get mine taken care of.

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say yes it bust be a software issue. They could replicate and performered a "main control accelerated break-in and updated PCM" As per my service order
Still good, no thumping? I’ve had this since purchased. At first, I thought it was perhaps a cv or similar because it sounded rpm dependent. I now can replicate it at speeds under 5 mph at will. Here’s the part that tells me it’s probably the same issue you had …
If I’m in my driveway, not actually moving but in gear on a slight grade I can hear the “thumping”.

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still good, no thumping? I’ve had this since purchased. At first, I thought it was perhaps a cv or similar because it sounded rpm dependent. I now can replicate it at speeds under 5 mph at will. Here’s the part that tells me it’s probably the same issue you had …
If I’m in my driveway, not actually moving but in gear on a slight grade I can hear the “thumping”.
Ya mine was similar. I have had no issues since it was fixed. Shifting smooth still, now at 34k kilometers