Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody have experience with similar independent front suspension vehicles and daily driving with the front sway bar completely removed?

I drove my Chevy Colorado ZR2 its entire life without the front sway bar in and it handled just fine.
I do know it causes a bit more body roll for normal driving, and in essence would create a higher risk of rollover at speed.

I am likely pulling mine off on day one.

Anyone else doing the same? I wish antirock made a sway bar for the bronco. Best of both worlds, sort of.
Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.....I do know it causes a bit more body roll for normal driving, and in essence would create a higher risk of rollover at speed....
You know the risks and yet you want to anyway? To answer your question, no.

Also, you ordered a Badlands, why? Literally the only thing it has different from the other trims is the sway bar disconnect. So, you want to pay extra and then remove the high-dollar piece of equipment?

Edit: the "best of both worlds" is having the disconnect. Fully sway control on road and nothing off-road.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's possible to remove the front swaybar on an Xterra but usually you'd want to upgrade to stiffer suspension to alleviate the increased body roll on the road.

My understanding is, in the 4Runner community, it's not recommended to remove the front sway bar.

OP
OP
simpleBO

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know the risks and yet you want to anyway? To answer your question, no.

Also, you ordered a Badlands, why? Literally the only thing it has different from the other trims is the sway bar disconnect. So, you want to pay extra and then remove the high-dollar piece of equipment?

Edit: the "best of both worlds" is having the disconnect. Fully sway control on road and nothing off-road.
I have a black diamond coming. Forgot to update my profile on here. Just updated it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Removing the sway bars from the badlands will not be easy as unbolting the bar. It is hydraulic activated so you will have to plug all the lines.

If you plan to remove the sway bar then don't get the badlands.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a black diamond coming. Forgot to update my profile on here. Just updated it.
There may be quick disconnects available aftermarket that would allow you to continue to run the bar on road and not off road.

OP
OP
simpleBO

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removing the sway bars from the badlands will not be easy as unbolting the bar. It is hydraulic activated so you will have to plug all the lines.

If you plan to remove the sway bar then don't get the badlands.
I got a black diamond. But yeah, just asking for opinions regarding who will remove theirs, and what other options people recommend.

I have dealt with manual disconnects before.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I removed mine for a while on my Xterra, ~3" lift with 650# C/O's, steel front bumper, and 33's. When I started towing a ~1000lbs trailer I put that mofo back on pretty quick. I would get some popping noises when full lock but the main reason for putting it back on was highway speeds and didn't feel confident if I needed fast steering input for any reason. That "risk" wasn't worth the minimal wheel travel I gained.

OP
OP
simpleBO

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There may be quick disconnects available aftermarket that would allow you to continue to run the bar on road and not off road.
Yeah, removing the sway bar is far easier than having to manually connect and disconnect constantly.

In Jeeps it can be quite the pain to reconnect after a day or two on a trail. Requires rocking the vehicle back and forth, a helping hand, and/or moving the vehicle to get it closer to lining up to slide the pin in.

This is why a lot of people just straight up remove their front bar.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Self contained. no pressure lines, no pump. electrical connector only.
we are electric steering......

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes a lot more sense. I would say manual sway bar disconnects are the way to go for you.

Some years back the bolt(s) on my sway bar links worked loose. I'm running 37s on a two door; coming down the mountain with a crosswind was not fun.

OP
OP
simpleBO

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes a lot more sense. I would say manual sway bar disconnects are the way to go for you.

Some years back the bolt(s) on my sway bar links worked loose. I'm running 37s on a two door; coming down the mountain with a crosswind was not fun.
In a Jeep with a solid front axle it's a whole other world not having the front sway bar connected.

In my IFS colorado, it really wasn't much a difference on road. Minimal body roll.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, removing the sway bar is far easier than having to manually connect and disconnect constantly.

In Jeeps it can be quite the pain to reconnect after a day or two on a trail. Requires rocking the vehicle back and forth, a helping hand, and/or moving the vehicle to get it closer to lining up to slide the pin in.

This is why a lot of people just straight up remove their front bar.
Should be easy enough to put it back on if you decide not having it affects driveability more than it's worth.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are greatly increasing your risk of a rollover in an onroad situation. What happens if you have to make sharp corrections due to wildlife or somebody coming over a hill on your side of the road? You would be better off installing a manual universal swaybar disconnect on your Bronco if you are not going with a Badlands. You can find them all over the place online. If you happened to get into a rollover and your swaybar delete was determined to be the cause of the accident, good luck getting a payout with your auto insurance. Don't do yourself like that.

OP
OP
simpleBO

simpleBO

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be easy enough to put it back on if you decide not having it affects driveability more than it's worth.
Yeah, likely only requires 4 bolts to pop the brackets off. And the two bolts holding the sway bar ends to the links. Pretty straight forward.

Now... remove the rear? lmao
Sponsored