Sponsored

Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hope they provide all the individual views but also like the way Land Rover Clearsight stitches them together:

1613956380789.png
I ain't gonna lie, that's cool af. No way ford has execution as well as that.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Game changer for parking at the mall. If I’m not centered in the space within ¼” I’ll be disappointed.

oh and you better believe I’ll be clearing that Dunkin drive-thru entrance curb by a hair too.

other great uses:
- picking the perfect line at the car wash
- driving onto the curb for that perfect flex pic for my insta
- double-checking that I didn’t just squirt skunk guts up the side of my Bronco

/s

Last edited:

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Game changer for parking at the mall. If I’m not centered in the space with ¼” I’ll be disappointed.

oh and you better believe I’ll be clearing that Dunkin drive-thru entrance curb by a hair too.

other great uses:
- picking the perfect line at the car wash
- driving onto the curb for that perfect flex pic for my insta
- double-checking that I didn’t just squirt skunk guts up the side of my Bronco

/s
That’s worth upgraded package 😂

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very interested in this. My OBX sas just fits in my driveway with side Belgian block pavers (ie bowling alley bumpers in stone form). Is this view specific to trims equipped with rock crawl?

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very interested in this. My OBX sas just fits in my driveway with side Belgian block pavers (ie bowling alley bumpers in stone form). Is this view specific to trims equipped with rock crawl?
360 camera is the high package... it's the Front Tire View that I'm questioning and that is only helpful when off roading..but it can be helpful for ALL off roading just not rock crawl.

Guess we need a good pic of the underside side mirror of each trim.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

::UPDATE::

@Ourbroncolife has discovered that front tire view is *not* limited to Rock Crawl mode:

(demonstrated in Mud/Ruts on OB trim)

Ford Bronco Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode? Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 10.33.07
Zack, I just watched this from another group and to my eye it looks different than the tire camera that was seen in the KoH ride along videos in Rock Crawl mode. This perspective seems different but perfectly adequate and exceeds my expectations as I'll be riding in the OBX trim. What is your perception? Do you see a difference or is it only me?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zack, I just watched this from another group and to my eye it looks different than the tire camera that was seen in the KoH ride along videos in Rock Crawl mode. This perspective seems different but perfectly adequate and exceeds my expectations as I'll be riding in the OBX trim. What is your perception? Do you see a difference or is it only me?
I have to go and look at the other video.

There is a change perhaps that on the trims with Rock Crawl (BL and WT) they have those alleged *extra* cameras on the mirrors pointed only at the wheels, and on the OB here it's basically just zooming and copping the regular 360 camera?

(we've only seen one kind of blurry picture of this extra camera... I want a better, close up look at it to make sure it is indeed a camera that people are seeing and not something stupid like the puddle light. )

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to go and look at the other video.

There is a change perhaps that on the trims with Rock Crawl (BL and WT) they have those alleged *extra* cameras on the mirrors pointed only at the wheels, and on the OB here it's basically just zooming and copping the regular 360 camera?
I'm going to have to go back and check also. My impression is that the Rock Crawl camera angle was a bit "tighter/direct" of the tire. Whereas the angle in Sean's video seems a bit more "stitched together" from the 360 cameras. It isn't a deal breaker and like I said before, this exceeds my expectations.

Since Sean @Ourbroncolife has access to the OBX rig, can you clarify on the actual cameras on the OBX mirrors? We saw on the KoH rigs that there were 2 separate cameras.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ain't gonna lie, that's cool af. No way ford has execution as well as that.
Based on the Discovery rental I had last summer I think you'll be off the trail before you figure out how to get to that screen in the Defender. The screen was not intuitive at all and after two weeks I still could not figure out how to access quite a few functions.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would think if you have the camera package, you have access to trail cams. Going into rock crawl would automatically pull up the trail cams, whereas in other modes, you'd need to navigate the camera system to access.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to have to go back and check also. My impression is that the Rock Crawl camera angle was a bit "tighter/direct" of the tire. Whereas the angle in Sean's video seems a bit more "stitched together" from the 360 cameras. It isn't a deal breaker and like I said before, this exceeds my expectations.

Since Sean @Ourbroncolife has access to the OBX rig, can you clarify on the actual cameras on the OBX mirrors? We saw on the KoH rigs that there were 2 separate cameras.
Here is the supposed extra camera, inboard of the mirror hinge.

Im not saying it’s not a camera, but also, I can’t make it out well enough in this photo to commit to saying it is.

Ford Bronco Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode? 1616504668845

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is the supposed extra camera, inboard of the mirror hinge.

Im not saying it’s not a camera, but also, I can’t make it out well enough in this photo to commit to saying it is.

Ford Bronco Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode? 1616504668845
Per @Thed
The yellow circle is not another camera, it's the OAT (outside ambient temperature) sensor. I can guarantee you that it isn't on the passenger side. I can even take a picture of the same exact sensor on my 2020 F-350 XL.
I always thought it was a little too small to be a camera.

I just don't think the 360 camera at it's angle kind of outward at the corner of the mirror would be able to pull off that view. I would think there is a 2nd camera somewhere. Especially if someone folds their mirror in on a tight trail the camera you would think would be mounted on a stationary part.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if you can record that view as well with the FordPass performance thing? While I see little use real time it would definitely be cool to splice that view into some videos. :)
Sponsored