Sponsored

Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode?

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

::UPDATE::

@Ourbroncolife has discovered that front tire view is *not* limited to Rock Crawl mode:

(demonstrated in Mud/Ruts on OB trim)

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 10.33.07.png
Zack, I just watched this from another group and to my eye it looks different than the tire camera that was seen in the KoH ride along videos in Rock Crawl mode. This perspective seems different but perfectly adequate and exceeds my expectations as I'll be riding in the OBX trim. What is your perception? Do you see a difference or is it only me?
Looks about the same to me. The image looks better quality in the KOH video because it has better lighting I think. I believe the size up in tire and aggressive tire thread might be why. Also in the OBX you're catching the side step which blocks some of the ground view when compared to the KOH videos

KOH Video @20 Min. mark:

Ford Bronco Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode? Capture.JPG

Ford Bronco Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode? Pic 1.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Per @Thed

I always thought it was a little too small to be a camera.

I just don't think the 360 camera at it's angle kind of outward at the corner of the mirror would be able to pull off that view. I would think there is a 2nd camera somewhere. Especially if someone folds their mirror in on a tight trail the camera you would think would be mounted on a stationary part.
Brilliant. Thank you.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope they provide all the individual views but also like the way Land Rover Clearsight stitches them together:

Ford Bronco Front Tire view not part of 360, only rock crawl mode? Pic 1.JPG
I liked this initially but as I went down the pages, I saw this ... Not sure if that Land Rover image stitches different images together for sure or just overlays the tires but the Bronco tire track image accomplishes the same thing better imo

BEE6B037-C9A8-4191-972B-9EBF3F2B5002.png

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
this competition will be great for the consumer

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It amazes me how far technologies have come. Cameras, GOAT modes, factory 35's...

I still have fond memories of getting out and about (many decades ago) in *much* less capable vehicles when the only way to figure out if you were going to hit something was to use a spotter and if we happened to be in something with 4wd we had to get out and lock/unlock the hubs. ;)

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tire view mode is very restrictive in that you see a small area, great for rock crawling but useless at anything over 5mph as you would not have time to react to obstacles once in view, even if you were looking at the screen at the correct moment. I have been wheeling for years without it and doubt I will use it much except for the 'gee Whiz' factor when showing off the Bronco or low range rock crawling.
Perfect for parallel parking though. It will keep your tires from scraping the curb.
Sponsored