Sponsored

Frustration with Ford Compounded by Ford [allocation numbers are now confidential]

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Zach@Granger - Please validate that allocation numbers are now confidential from FoMoCo with penalties for disclosure.

It's frustrating waiting on the new Bronco, but we had reservations in 2021 to wait in line.
MY22 saw the removal of the true reservation system in favor of allocations based mostly on dealer sales.

That was frustrating enough... now customers waiting at smaller dealerships are forced to wait longer to Ford's allocation-based decision.

To compound this frustration - as I learned today - FoMoCo has embargoed ALL allocation information from dealers to the customers. We can no longer estimate our wait times (sans commodity constraints) based on dealership allocations. The FoMoCo punishment for disclosure is LOSS OF ALL ALLOCATIONs for offending dealerships.

This is really frustrating to me having hand-tied dealerships from communication with customers. Good dealerships that have had good, open communication for the entire process are now suddenly just like all the crappy asshat dealers we hate dealing with. It's FoMoCo that's promoting BAD customer relationships and it's FoMoCo that's getting in the way this time.

I have a daily driver that's 250k+ miles and not much longer to go before needing replacement. I shopped and selected my replacement already. I was keeping a close eye on my reservation and dealer allocation to have a clear understanding of expectations. Now, I'm totally blind and have no idea what/when to expect anything.

As a stock holder in F, I'm dismayed at this decision to cut customers out of the loop on a reserved product with estimations and delivery potential. FoMoCo IS driving the dealership culture and IS responsible for how the customer is being treated. The "dealership is independent" argument from FoMoCo is losing validation based on corporate control of the message.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a stock holder in F, I bet you're over the moon with the current share price, depending on where you bought in.....

Seriously, I feel you, we all do, none of are happy. Granted you're in a tough spot with a high mileage DD, that stinks. If I were in your shoes, I'd order a Jeep (doesn't look like lead time is that bad currently) and drive it until your Bronco comes in. Resale in always good on wranglers, and obviously that's especially the case now...

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding was that the predictive power of the allocation numbers was already kneecapped by Ford deciding to dole them out one month at a time in 2022.

Keeping the numbers completely secret might actually be good news, if it's Ford's intention to juice sales to the dealers with long reservation lists without making the crybaby big dealers upset.

Of course from a reservation customer standpoint, the opacity of the entire system is absurd and a disaster of Ford's own making.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a stock holder in F, I bet you're over the moon with the current share price, depending on where you bought in.....

Seriously, I feel you, we all do, none of are happy. Granted you're in a tough spot with a high mileage DD, that stinks. If I were in your shoes, I'd order a Jeep (doesn't look like lead time is that bad currently) and drive it until your Bronco comes in. Resale in always good on wranglers, and obviously that's especially the case now...
I am happy with the stock price, not how the company is treating "lifestyle-like" customers; something Ford is struggling to recognize and adapt to.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger - Please validate that allocation numbers are now confidential from FoMoCo with penalties for disclosure.

It's frustrating waiting on the new Bronco, but we had reservations in 2021 to wait in line.
MY22 saw the removal of the true reservation system in favor of allocations based mostly on dealer sales.

That was frustrating enough... now customers waiting at smaller dealerships are forced to wait longer to Ford's allocation-based decision.

To compound this frustration - as I learned today - FoMoCo has embargoed ALL allocation information from dealers to the customers. We can no longer estimate our wait times (sans commodity constraints) based on dealership allocations. The FoMoCo punishment for disclosure is LOSS OF ALL ALLOCATIONs for offending dealerships.

This is really frustrating to me having hand-tied dealerships from communication with customers. Good dealerships that have had good, open communication for the entire process are now suddenly just like all the crappy asshat dealers we hate dealing with. It's FoMoCo that's promoting BAD customer relationships and it's FoMoCo that's getting in the way this time.

I have a daily driver that's 250k+ miles and not much longer to go before needing replacement. I shopped and selected my replacement already. I was keeping a close eye on my reservation and dealer allocation to have a clear understanding of expectations. Now, I'm totally blind and have no idea what/when to expect anything.

As a stock holder in F, I'm dismayed at this decision to cut customers out of the loop on a reserved product with estimations and delivery potential. FoMoCo IS driving the dealership culture and IS responsible for how the customer is being treated. The "dealership is independent" argument from FoMoCo is losing validation based on corporate control of the message.
Here’s a thought, be this forceful with Dealers charging big ADM to reservation holders and stealing their rigs

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait until you see what they did with the pricing on the Lightning. MSRP=Invoice and the dealer gets 10% in incentives for following the Ford list of do's and don'ts.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A dealer that will remain nameless, just today announced their March allocations (pretty darn publicly on this site) so I'm not sure if you received misinformation or maybe I am just misunderstanding?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a very good relationship with my dealer and any time I ask, they just tell me their allocation.

BUT I can see why Ford does not want allocation numbers being discussed in a public forum.

I get it that this launch has not been good and prob the worst launch for Ford ever BUT everyone here complains and then they get their Bronco and they are happy as a pig in poo.

A dealer that will remain nameless, just today announced their March allocations (pretty darn publicly on this site) so I'm not sure if you received misinformation or maybe I am just misunderstanding?

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frustrated Parents: "All these kids are falling behind and failing math and science tests, they aren't learning. They will never get basic skills for a job!"
School Board: "OK, we got an idea, no more tests and that way no one fails. Problem solved!"

Frustrated Citizens: "Crime and arrests are out of control, stores are shutting down because of all the felonies. It is even less safe to go outside!"
Local PD/Gov't: "OK, we got an idea, we won't respond to calls and most crime is now considered a misdemeanor so crime stats go down. Problem solved!"

Frustrated Bronco Reservation Holder: "Ford said they would build in order of reservations before dealer stock and now they are using an allocation system. I may never get my Bronco!"
@Ford Motor Company: "OK we got an idea, we'll simply stop giving information about allocations. Problem Solved!"

Last edited:

Sponsored

BSchaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Aviator, 2015 Ford 250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sell your stock! Yea

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They've always been confidential at my dealer..........:ROFLMAO:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frustrated Bronco Reservation Holder: "Ford said they would build in order of reservations before dealer stock and now they are using an allocation system. I may never get my Bronco!"
@Ford Motor Company: "OK we got an idea, we'll simply stop giving information about allocations. Problem Solved!"
Only difference is that Ford never gave us any information about allocations to begin with. If you only saw Ford's official communications you would have no idea that it was a major factor in when your Bronco would be scheduled. Early on they were emphasizing timestamp, and then their messaging switched to being about commodities.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do tell where you got this info. Asked my ZM if he has any idea what we might be expecting for this year since we haven't heard. He said more info would be available later this month. Not that this would surprise me but I would expect with the backlog of unproduced orders from last year, allocation is a moot point due to continued commodity issues.