Sponsored

Frustration with Ford Compounded by Ford [allocation numbers are now confidential]

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just ordered my 2dr base/squatch Bronco 3 days ago... and after reading about what's happening to people here, and how long they've been waiting, I have to admit its kinda depressing. I probably won't see this thing until 2023.

Screenshot_20220106-142832_Gallery.jpg
I ordered over a year ago, and mine should come sometime around 2025.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it that this launch has not been good and prob the worst launch for Ford ever BUT everyone here complains and then they get their Bronco and they are happy as a pig in poo.
Oh, I don't know, maybe note the *worst* launch ever . . .
Ford Bronco Frustration with Ford Compounded by Ford [allocation numbers are now confidential] Edsel-ad

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What it amounts to if this is true is that the Levine guy and ford are tired of customers coming at them mad every time they release information to the dealerships. So they told the dealerships to keep ford info in house or get nothing. Less hassle. It’s essentially pimp slappin the out of line h o e.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IIRC, dealer allocation information has typically been considered proprietary by Ford (i.e. not to be shared publicly), but that policy was rarely, if ever, enforced.

Can any dealers who know for sure please confirm or deny? Thanks.

@Zach@Granger
@DealerInsider
@StephensAutoCenter
@Gloff
@NayNay

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that Levine tweet saying that if you're at a dealership with low allocation, you should switch your reservation to a different dealer?

Doesn't work so well if 1) your dealer can't tell you allocation, and 2) Ford won't transfer the reservation to another dealer.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocation trumps commodity constraints. You could have a day 1 / hour 1 reservation and Ford could have parts to build 1000s of your order, but if your dealer doesn't have allocation, no build for you.
I disagree. We don't know our "allocation" or "estimate" for '22 but yet I had 4 late orders pulled. Some of these late ones had options nearly identical to carry over '21s. I've not broken it down to find out exactly what was different but it had to be 1 or 2 option combos that did it.

Most allocations didn't get filled last year due to multiple factors, biggest was commodities. If every Bronco ordered was identical, they will still be limited by what they can produce based on their suppliers ability to deliver product. That still doesn't mean the guy with the most allocation is going to get all of them. Ford, I think, is trying to make sure distribution of builds is proportional as a percentage of the region, market and zone. The reason we don't have any idea what we are going to get is because they (Ford) likely doesn't have line of sight on variables like semi-conductors and other suppliers ability to meet demand. Webasto is likely the reason 2d people are hosed so tops. Tow is still an issue just like MOD bumper, 2.7, bull bar, SAS, PPF and to some extent, LUX. Hell, paint color could be the only determining factor at this point and don't forget accessories ordered along with the vehicle.

So I think allocation will still play a part but the data from last year says commodities and specific build combos will determine how many they can build, not necessarily how many a dealer is going to get because of reservation time stamp. I've got a ton of WTs still waiting and only 1 scheduled out of almost 2 dozen from last model year. My point. Allocation, or whatever Ford wants to call it only means they think they will be able to get me so many for '22, not that those estimates will clear our oldest orders first, regardless of configuration. Dealers and customers are just along for the ride at this point. Ford is going to build as much as they possibly can but will be limited to what's coming in the back door.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree. We don't know our "allocation" or "estimate" for '22 but yet I had 4 late orders pulled. Some of these late ones had options nearly identical to carry over '21s. I've not broken it down to find out exactly what was different but it had to be 1 or 2 option combos that did it.

Most allocations didn't get filled last year due to multiple factors, biggest was commodities. If every Bronco ordered was identical, they will still be limited by what they can produce based on their suppliers ability to deliver product. That still doesn't mean the guy with the most allocation is going to get all of them. Ford, I think, is trying to make sure distribution of builds is proportional as a percentage of the region, market and zone. The reason we don't have any idea what we are going to get is because they (Ford) likely doesn't have line of sight on variables like semi-conductors and other suppliers ability to meet demand. Webasto is likely the reason 2d people are hosed so tops. Tow is still an issue just like MOD bumper, 2.7, bull bar, SAS, PPF and to some extent, LUX. Hell, paint color could be the only determining factor at this point and don't forget accessories ordered along with the vehicle.

So I think allocation will still play a part but the data from last year says commodities and specific build combos will determine how many they can build, not necessarily how many a dealer is going to get because of reservation time stamp. I've got a ton of WTs still waiting and only 1 scheduled out of almost 2 dozen from last model year. My point. Allocation, or whatever Ford wants to call it only means they think they will be able to get me so many for '22, not that those estimates will clear our oldest orders first, regardless of configuration. Dealers and customers are just along for the ride at this point. Ford is going to build as much as they possibly can but will be limited to what's coming in the back door.
Interesting. I had assumed that, for a given month, the total allocation across all dealers would approximately match the total number of Broncos that Ford was projecting would be built.

I suspect we are saying the same thing but thinking about it from different directions. I'm considering the allocation to trump all else because even if a dealer has a bunch of easy to build, very early reservations, they will not get more than their allocation. No amount of changing customer builds to avoid commodity constraints will get any more Broncos allocated to that dealer. Is that correct?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I had assumed that, for a given month, the total allocation across all dealers would approximately match the total number of Broncos that Ford was projecting would be built.

I suspect we are saying the same thing but thinking about it from different directions. I'm considering the allocation to trump all else because even if a dealer has a bunch of easy to build, very early reservations, they will not get more than their allocation. No amount of changing customer builds to avoid commodity constraints will get any more Broncos allocated to that dealer. Is that correct?
I have a feeling they will be building as much as possible to clear out old orders, aka complex builds but might be enough to give some dealers "stock". I don't have intel on either theory but If they have enough stuff to build excess units that aren't tied to an existing order, they probably will. The question is who will get them. A couple small dealers around me only got a handful of allocation last year. If Ford filled those, that might mean those smaller guys get nothing since they don't have holdovers. I could see Ford doing another round of FCTP or something similar just to make sure everyone has at least something on the ground to show or use as a retail. It would likely be a very dressed down 4d softie like the previous round 2 FCTPs. They will fill in the gaps on the line to keep output up.

I don't think they are going to call it allocation this time, as it will be more of an estimation. They'll try to clear out the oldest orders first as commodities allow but weave in later orders as they fill the production gaps with easier builds. Not sure what their total production capability is if they had everything to build every order but you start looking at every single option down to paint and what items get thrown in back, all of a sudden you can get an idea of how many old and new orders are being produced. They'll likely over deliver on "estimated" allocation this year. How much of the overage is stock/new orders vs. old is the biggest question and apparently the moving target.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not true. One dealer I spoke with (last year, MY22 builds) said they got several unexpected allocations and only one build pulled from their customer reservation. The parts restraint prevented 80% of their builds for the customers, so it defaulted to "stock" builds. This was fine for me in that I knew what was happening and what to expect. I don't like it, but I know from all the communication that commodity restraints are dictating the speed of builds right now.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not true. One dealer I spoke with (last year, MY22 builds) said they got several unexpected allocations and only one build pulled from their customer reservation. The parts restraint prevented 80% of their builds for the customers, so it defaulted to "stock" builds. This was fine for me in that I knew what was happening and what to expect. I don't like it, but I know from all the communication that commodity restraints are dictating the speed of builds right now.
The dealer got stock builds because part constraints meant Ford couldn't build anything from that dealer's reservations list. Is that correct?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer got stock builds because part constraints meant Ford couldn't build anything from that dealer's reservations list. Is that correct?
Correct~ish. From the available allocations, if Ford had the parts to make stock, they would convert them over and use the allocation for stock. I'm not sure these conversion would be counted against the dealer allocation in the same manner as a reservation. Otherwise - unknown. That information was not shared. Getting into the weeds on this and I'd really like a confirmation from other dealers, but they have been silent so far...

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct~ish. From the available allocations, if Ford had the parts to make stock, they would convert them over and use the allocation for stock. I'm not sure these conversion would be counted against the dealer allocation in the same manner as a reservation. Otherwise - unknown. That information was not shared. Getting into the weeds on this and I'd really like a confirmation from other dealers, but they have been silent so far...
They are now silent because fords pimp hand is strong. They got out of line releasing info and ford is over it

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has only been on order since last October so I expect some waiting. I hope to get it next fall. If not I will take a look at the new Ranger- maybe a Ranger Tremor.
I am a Ford man so will stay Ford........
Sponsored