First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, any of the AZ folks go to the Ft. McDowell off road driving event yet? I have an appointment for Friday.
Sponsored

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going on Sunday morning

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My appt is today.... i've only seen ONE legit bronco in the wild and I was driving past it so.. didn't get a good look. so this will be my first time like... actually seeing one and getting a solid look... and i get to drive it WOO. stoked.
Just wish I had an updated build date for mine............

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a late reservation for a 2-Door. My build date is "hahahahah ha ha"
or something like that.
lol yeah. last email i have is "Sept 13" then all the roof-pacalypse happened. so.

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That was fun. Easy trail drive. Less challenging than the Power Line Road I used as a shortcut between New River Road and Table Mesa Road a few months back. But fun. (Google lies, that Power Line road was in no way an actual Road)

The Event has 7 Broncos, plus two displays. One of the displays is a stick, so that gives them an extra manual. I got to drive the display which was a 2-Door Black Diamond 7MT.

Almost stalled out once on a steep incline, but got it back down into 1st in time. Used Crawl to smash over some dirt/sand piles. Plenty of power with the 2.3 for off road use. Clutch felt smooth, though I would prefer a slightly heavier feel. Feels like a modern stock Mustang clutch.

NOTE: They are supposed to reserve the Stick Shifts for reservation holders that ordered a stick. Have a copy of your DORA or order sheet with you. (I had a copy on my phone)

They also give you a free Bronco hat. (I showed up wearing a Ford one)

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back from the 2:15 event too lol. (probably saw you there @AZ_Liberty). Got to, at least, see my paint color (Area 51) in person and couldn't drive the Badlands v6 version but I drove a WildTrack 4cy.
Very cool little course... got to play with all the features... Very happy I did that. Hurry up and build my truck!!!!

no lie... while I was there, Ford emailed me a new build date. Oct 25th. Hope that date sticks this time.

Oh and edit:: i got my Bronco hat too. I'll put it next to that hammock I got a few weeks ago; and the poster thing.
Ford Bronco Ft. McDowell Bronco Event IMG_1432

Ford Bronco Ft. McDowell Bronco Event IMG_1431

Last edited:

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from the 2:15 event too lol. (probably saw you there @AZ_Liberty). Got to, at least, see my paint color (Area 51) in person and couldn't drive the Badlands v6 version but I drove a WildTrack 4cy.
Very cool little course... got to play with all the features... Very happy I did that. Hurry up and build my truck!!!!

no lie... while I was there, Ford emailed me a new build date. Oct 25th. Hope that date sticks this time.

Oh and edit:: i got my Bronco hat too. I'll put it next to that hammock I got a few weeks ago; and the poster thing.

If you drove a Wildtrak it was the V6. That engine is standard on the WT.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you drove a Wildtrak it was the V6. That engine is standard on the WT.
.............weird. I asked and he said it was a 4cy. Maybe I wasn't in a wildtrack then... or he didn't know it was a v6? I was in truck #6 over there.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an appointment for Sunday morning. But I've forgot about it until today. I thought it was for next weekend. Sadly I don't think I'll be going. Since my Bronco is in transit; I think I'll wait until I get it.
Sponsored