Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
7​
I use Top tier gas like Shell ,BP and Marathon. I keep away from discount Stations with lots of Alcohol.
Looks good with the bigger tires .Was going to do a base 2 door squatch , but with gas prices now leaning towards a Bd or BB and adding rear locker .I drove a BD at Rancho Cordova SRV coarse , was impressed on what it would climb just with a rear locker , I think if I would have been two hard on the gas pedal I could have flipped it over backwards , the hill with a rut in front we went up was steeper than anything I will be going up , it climbed it like nothing , though did feel the skid plates scrub a little. I think the BD or BB with a rear locker , 2 " front and 1 " rear lift ,level kit and 33" tires will be hard to beat For the price . The Back Diamond had a real nice interior and the easy clean up vinyl would be a plus , would only be adding keypad on the door , comes with everything I would want , except do not care for wheel choices . I run two different sets of tires and rims on my 2015 supercrew f 150 4x4 , only put offroad 34 " tires on when I hit the mountains on hunting trips , will do the same with my Bronco for better gas mileage. Big Bend would be the cheapest adding a rear locker , overhead switches , keypad and floor liners .Skid plates are just under 700.00 , seat covers are cheap .BB build is 36,665 not including bash plates , BD build is 38,055 , would be buying new rims though , only option it gets is keypad , would be a no brainer for BB except the vynl interior and rubberized floor in the BD is the best interior .
Sponsored

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only way anyone is getting 20+ mpg is if you’re driving Ms. Daisy around and everyone is going around y’all flipping the bird. Combined driving like a normal adult in a two door, I’m lucky to get 17 mpg.

Also, the tank is bigger than 16 gallons in the two door. I know for sure I’ve put at least 16.5 gallons in it before with fuel obviously still in there.
Had Ford trucks and a few cars all my life , usually there is about a 2 gallon reserve on the tanks , so guessing tank is about 18 gallons , wish it was 20 like the four door , will be carrying cans on the back I suppose.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands 4 door, 2.3 manual, soft top. 3500 miles. 18.6 mpg. Always running premium.

probably 60% highway in this usage. On highway, I put it in 6th and set the cruise at 75.

Around town, I drive with a little pop, but not quite "aggressive". Got pulled over once and slowed down a little since.

On trail runs and in sand, I get around 11. But that's probably less than 25 miles of the 3500.

Alpine Blue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

first 500 miles and i am averaging 15.9. Majority of that is city driving. 2.3 with manual.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would expect that the Cd and frontal area would have a much bigger impact on fuel economy than the small difference in weight. Since they are pretty much the same the fuel economy should be too.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting 20mg combined driving in my 2dr BD and I’m not trying for best mileage. I cruise between 2500 and 2900 rpm. I’m happy.

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
7​

Looks good with the bigger tires .Was going to do a base 2 door squatch , but with gas prices now leaning towards a Bd or BB and adding rear locker .I drove a BD at Rancho Cordova SRV coarse , was impressed on what it would climb just with a rear locker , I think if I would have been two hard on the gas pedal I could have flipped it over backwards , the hill with a rut in front we went up was steeper than anything I will be going up , it climbed it like nothing , though did feel the skid plates scrub a little. I think the BD or BB with a rear locker , 2 " front and 1 " rear lift ,level kit and 33" tires will be hard to beat For the price . The Back Diamond had a real nice interior and the easy clean up vinyl would be a plus , would only be adding keypad on the door , comes with everything I would want , except do not care for wheel choices . I run two different sets of tires and rims on my 2015 supercrew f 150 4x4 , only put offroad 34 " tires on when I hit the mountains on hunting trips , will do the same with my Bronco for better gas mileage. Big Bend would be the cheapest adding a rear locker , overhead switches , keypad and floor liners .Skid plates are just under 700.00 , seat covers are cheap .BB build is 36,665 not including bash plates , BD build is 38,055 , would be buying new rims though , only option it gets is keypad , would be a no brainer for BB except the vynl interior and rubberized floor in the BD is the best interior .
Yes you have a great option there!! I ordered the Base for a utility Hunting and Camping 4x4. Mine was a few hundred over 30K out the door tax,s etc. My tires were $900 installed ,Only option was keyless entry. Gonna put steps on it when I find what I am looking for. Back in the day I had a 2 door Explorer and it went everywhere bone stock automatic. This Bronco is light years ahead of any 4x4 truck I have had. Overkill capable off road.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not quite sure why gas mileage for the 2 and 4 door is the same from what I am reading .Not sure how that can be , since there is little over 600 lbs difference in curb weight .Was going with a two door since I will be towing with my 2015 supercrew with 5.0 and tall gears .

I have a pop up cab over camper and towing a 2 door Bronco will be close to my 7,500 lbs towing capacity. May be able to do a four door , it has a 20 gallon tank verses a 16 , which is a big plus , still the gas mileage I would think has to be a little better with a two door , anyone with any more accurate figures ? 🤪
FWIW… 2dr Big Bend is 4297lbs. 4dr is 4467lbs. Only 170lbs difference.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Summary:
Clean air at hwy speeds(78mph) .... 21.2 mpg
high winds on hwy .... 18.5 & 18.75 mpg
average over 3k miles ... 15 tanks ... 19.4 mpg

My one highway trip that was ran without strong winds or other offhighway miles netted 21.2 mpg ... I cruise at 78 when traffic/construction allows.

The other two trips had some 4X work time on the tank, or country road driving and I got just a shade under 20.
I just made a round trip in severe side or quartering winds and got 18.5 and 18.75 over the 220 miles each leg.

Side note:
Either I have gotten better at driving this thing (used to the new manual) or the motor has really come alive at the 3k mark.
This 4 banger is fun to drive!
Handles GREAT, but the car is very numb. In traffic if you are in and out of several gears , it is easy to lose track of which gear you are in ... you can't feel anything through the stick or whell like I'm used to.
It's also easy to find yourself winding 4th out to 3500 rpm going down the highway for a few miles because you cant hear or feel anything.

OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
That was the first weight I saw also , not accurate though ,there are spec sheets that changed that estimate and 4 door is supposed to be 4900 and some change. I believe the 4900 is correct , given the bigger hard top with extra panels , the frame and body length as well as a larger gas tank ,two more doors etc...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the automatic is significantly heavier , but supposed to get the same mpg , idk until I see one on a scale , seems to me the four door should be 500 lbs or so heavier. Two extra doors longer frame and body , longer roll bar , bigger gas tank etc...

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm averaging 18.2 MPG with a 4 door badlands 70/30 city/highway mix. On flat highway I get around 20-21 MPG between 70-75 mph cruising about 2200rpm in 6th. The city driving can MURDER mileage depending on traffic patterns. For a week somehow I hit a stop light every block and it returned around 11-12 mpg vs a solid 18+ in the city if I can actually go 3-4 blocks before stopping again.
Sponsored