John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2.7 OBX with shorter gearing was at 18.9 at around 4000 miles, gradually creeping up. Then the road trip sustained 80+mph and it was dropping every fillup. Eventually settled st 18.0 where it is now. No exact calc but based on Mike's to empty each fill I figured I was getting about 16mpg.

Since home and st 8700 miles pre-snowstorm I saw 18.1 but running in the snow I am back to 18.0
Sponsored

jmundy41

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At 75mph and above, in flat North Texas, I'm getting 13.5 MPG in normal mode .. ECO mode doesn't offer much help. Maybe 14 MPG

2.3l
Outerbanks Sasquatch 4 door

It's absolutely garbage @ HWY speeds. Really pisses me off!!! I wish I would have purchased the 2.7l.. The 2.3 offers plenty of power but why they hell would you get it if you're getting 13.5 MPG..

**I can get 16-19 MPG @ 60 MPH
Thank you for posting this. I am in between two broncos. One is a 2.3 OBX that I would most definitely put bigger tires on. The other is a sasquatch wildtrak that is ready to go and I wouldn't change anything on.

I know neither get great MPG but I have a long commute. So I don't want to get the 2.3 for the slightly better gas mileage if by putting the sasquatch size tires on (or close to it) negates all the gas mileage increase that the 2.3 has over the 2.7 sasquatch. Any additional input would be greatly appreciated. I'm really torn.

Also of note, the 2.3 is 5K markup and the wildtrak is 10k over (was told they may possibly come down to 8k over).

Utley06

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX Sassy Style
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for posting this. I am in between two broncos. One is a 2.3 OBX that I would most definitely put bigger tires on. The other is a sasquatch wildtrak that is ready to go and I wouldn't change anything on.

I know neither get great MPG but I have a long commute. So I don't want to get the 2.3 for the slightly better gas mileage if by putting the sasquatch size tires on (or close to it) negates all the gas mileage increase that the 2.3 has over the 2.7 sasquatch. Any additional input would be greatly appreciated. I'm really torn.

Also of note, the 2.3 is 5K markup and the wildtrak is 10k over (was told they may possibly come down to 8k over).

This weekend I actually got 15.7 MPG's @ 75MPH; it's possible there is a break in period, as one of the other members previously stated. Also, I have no idea all the details behind it, so I don't want to speculate, but there have been rumors of 2.7 reliability issues. I'll also add that the 2.3 has plenty of pep! I absolutely love the engine, I was just hoping for better MPG's
Sponsored