First Name
Squatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I received my Window Sticker on Monday, and I am curious why Ford rates a 2.3 liter I4, 2-door, Automatic Trans with the Sasquatch Package, at just 18MPG.

Is there really a 3 point drop for the Sasquatch/35" tires. This doesn't sound accurate.

I am interested in the actual mileage people are getting who have a 2-door, 2.3, Auto, Sasquatch. Thanks!
Advertisement

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

I received my Window Sticker on Monday, and I am curious why Ford rates a 2.3 liter I4, 2-door, Automatic Trans with the Sasquatch Package, at just 18MPG.

Is there really a 3 point drop for the Sasquatch/35" tires. This doesn't sound accurate.

I am interested in the actual mileage people are getting who have a 2-door, 2.3, Auto, Sasquatch. Thanks!
Just speculating here: the weight of the Sasquatch shouldn't be significant, but the width of the tire (more resistance), the gearing, and the taller stance (worse aerodynamics) will all hit your MPG.

OP
OP
Squatch Bronc

Squatch Bronc

Base
First Name
Squatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch
Bronco
Base
Clubs

Just speculating here: the weight of the Sasquatch shouldn't be significant, but the width of the tire (more resistance), the gearing, and the taller stance (worse aerodynamics) will all hit your MPG.
What is interesting, is that a Base 4-door Bronco is listed at 21MPG, and it is heavier than the weight of the 35" tires on a two door. Is it simply 2" of extra diameter that causes a change in 3MPG? I wonder if it has anything to do with the differential ratio in the Sasquatch, vs the Non?

indio22

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Land Rover, 1985 CJ-7, 1998 TJ, 2014 BRZ
Bronco
Base
Vehicle Showcase
What is interesting, is that a Base 4-door Bronco is listed at 21MPG, and it is heavier than the weight of the 35" tires on a two door. Is it simply 2" of extra diameter that causes a change in 3MPG? I wonder if it has anything to do with the differential ratio in the Sasquatch, vs the Non?
I recall base comes stock with 30" tires? In that case Sas is 5" extra diameter. With additional weight of the tire/wheel to get turning. Maybe 2" or more height to catch more wind? Up geared diffs. I can see that stuff taking an mpg toll.

330SMG

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 06 X5, 89 325i 72 Dodge Charger S.E.
Bronco
Undecided

LOL "just 18 mpg". The late 70s 351 versions where 10 mpg city 13 highway with less power.
All perspective
And yes bigger tires and taller gears give worse fuel economy.

OP
OP
Squatch Bronc

Squatch Bronc

Base
First Name
Squatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch
Bronco
Base
Clubs

LOL "just 18 mpg". The late 70s 351 versions where 10 mpg city 13 highway with less power.
All perspective
And yes bigger tires and taller gears give worse fuel economy.
Well, there you go, you just defined how spoiled we are today. Well done! I would still hope I can get closer to 20. Thanks for reminding us how far we have come.

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Bronco
Base
I am getting 18 mpg with the 4 cly. 2 Door and 33" tires. 4.45 rear end 7 speed. The big foot and 477 rear end and 35" maybe 15mpg.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

It's not so much the weight as it is the rolling resistance. There's also the fact that the sasquatch gearing is higher, and the vehicle is a few inches higher than a base. All these factors contribute to a drop in mpg

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the way to look at it is the amount of rubber that makes contact with the road. Think about a bicycle tire. A road bike has skinny tires while a mountain bike has fat tires. You have to pedal the mountain bike much harder on pavement to keep up with someone on a road bike.

The Sasquatch tires are much wider than the base tires.

WuNgUn

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I was totally expecting 18MPG for my 2.3L Squatched Badlands auto...
Window sticker says 21MPG 🤷🏻
Have you got your WS yet? Maybe they've updated the economy.
Screenshot_20211111-110936_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

OP
OP
Squatch Bronc

Squatch Bronc

Base
First Name
Squatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I was totally expecting 18MPG for my 2.3L Squatched Badlands auto...
Window sticker says 21MPG 🤷🏻
Have you got your WS yet? Maybe they've updated the economy.
Screenshot_20211111-110936_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Yes, my window sticker indicates 18 MPG, not 21. I noticed the models without Sasquatch, even the four door models,. say 21 MPG for the 2.3 Auto.

Was your Bronco built? What is your estimated delivery date?

Hope you enjoy it, I know you will!

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Bronco
Base
Clubs

Fuelly has me at 17.5 MPG (almost 4900 miles tracked). 4DR Base Sasquatch. Best tank was 19.6. Trip computer currently has me at 20.1 MPG for this fill up. I run it mostly on ECO mode and stay within 5 mph of posted. I also do a lot of city driving but have two long road trips in it - Cincinnati to Charleston, SC and back and Cincinnati to Gulf Shores, AL and back.

OP
OP
Squatch Bronc

Squatch Bronc

Base
First Name
Squatch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch
Bronco
Base
Clubs

Fuelly has me at 17.5 MPG (almost 4900 miles tracked). 4DR Base Sasquatch. Best tank was 19.6. Trip computer currently has me at 20.1 MPG for this fill up. I run it mostly on ECO mode and stay within 5 mph of posted. I also do a lot of city driving but have two long road trips in it - Cincinnati to Charleston, SC and back and Cincinnati to Gulf Shores, AL and back.
Thanks for the information. Most people are reporting an increase in gas mileage using the "regular" mode, instead of "economy." We don't know why this is true, but it is. I had a 4door Badlands with a 2.7, Sasquatch, for 10 days, and it also increased 1-2 MPG in "regular" mode, over, "economy. Try it and see if this is true for yours also.

USAGUY

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
My 2cents. I have a 2.7 badlands non squash. Just did my 5k service. Been running reg fuel 95% of the time (87) my combined mileage is 18.6 according to the cars computer which I’ve never reset. I’m a moderate / slightly heavy foot driver, not a teenager but will push hard on the skinny peddle sometimes. I guess 18.6 is OK. I guess.

Advertisement

Zone Offroad
Advertisement