William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The classic useless answer, move along!
The "Bronco isn't made for fuel economy" argument is so lame. He's asking about 2 trims of the Bronco, not comparing a Bronco to a Prius. So annoying.
You two should start a private conversation about this than where nobody can hurt your feelings.

If you’re worried about MPG, you can’t afford the car or you need to buy a Prius.

Average fuel is $3.10 for premium.

15 MPG on 15 gallon tank nets you 225 at .21 cents a mile

20mpg on a 15 gallon tank next you 300 at .16 cents a mile.

so .05 cents a mile

15K miles a year would cost you $14 a week more over 5 MPG difference. If you’re buying a 50K vehicle and you’re worried about $14 a week you’re way over extending yourself. Expect terrible MPG and be happy when it’s more.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

concidering they are hard pushing electric vehichles within the next 4 to 6 years.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless they're just posting questions for likes lol

I could care less about gas mileage as long as it's got a large gas tank and room for gas cans!

Let's just get the freakin things delivered and worry about the rest later... and if you want good mileage then no worries, they got Eco mode and all you gotta do is drive slow, draft bigger vehicles and shift into neutral on the down hill!
This is the classic "if it doesn't affect me then it shouldn't bother you"

I feel if you don't have anything positive to contribute, don't comment.
Come on ... our forums already get a bad rap. It's why so many lurk here for a year before their first post. Lets be a little more welcoming than this folks

He's asking how significant the difference would be comparing two trims. All this other "if you can't afford the gas don't get the Bronco" commentary is pure conjecture. He could be a millionaire for all we know. Nothing wrong just asking the question. We are all here to absorb information and converse about our shared passion in the Bronco. Let's be civil

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
".... they got Eco mode and all you gotta do is drive slow, draft bigger vehicles and shift into neutral on the down hill!"
WOW...1973 all over again:eek:

My wife just brought an Audi e-Tron, so I'll make my MPG the average of Audi + Bronco MPG/2:unsure:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands has the 33s. OBX, 32s.

Funny how it annoys people so much to ask about mpg estimates. Some want to get an idea on cost per year and for me, it's off-road range with the tiny tanks. It's not an insignificant thing when you need to consider how much gas you have to carry. Some people actually off-road where the nearest gas station is over 100 miles away. With that said. maybe a mpg better on the OBX? I'm hoping for 17-20, 18-21 for stock BL.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Funny how it annoys people so much to ask about mpg estimates. Some want to get an idea on cost per year and for me, it's off-road range with the tiny tanks. It's not an insignificant thing when you need to consider how much gas you have to carry. Some people actually off-road where the nearest gas station is over 100 miles away. With that said. maybe a mpg better on the OBX? I'm hoping for 17-20, 18-21 for stock BL.
Thats a good way to look at it.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like either I don't understand or you guys aren't looking at the ranger tremor rated MPGs

Badlands is boxier
heavier
bigger tires
bigger engine option
worse fuel efficient gearing

I would be blown away if a badlands did better than a ranger tremor

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have stated, this vehicle is not about fuel economy and there are better options out there if that is your preference. My guess is based on gearing, tires and motor, most of the fuel economies will be the same across all trims sharing the same motor. The 2.7 ecoboost in the f150 gets 20 city 25 highway so I'd imagine the bronco would be close to or a little less than that.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "Bronco isn't made for fuel economy" argument is so lame. He's asking about 2 trims of the Bronco, not comparing a Bronco to a Prius. So annoying.
The question or the answer?

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have stated, this vehicle is not about fuel economy and there are better options out there if that is your preference. My guess is based on gearing, tires and motor, most of the fuel economies will be the same across all trims sharing the same motor. The 2.7 ecoboost in the f150 gets 20 city 25 highway so I'd imagine the bronco would be close to or a little less than that.
Do you feel this way given the ranger tremor rating?
Sponsored