Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@DesertRat - I think your method of trying to build a range of cost difference is the most useful way to create some data that can be useful to estimate the actual answer for the OP.

If he takes a guestimate of the extremes of the expected mileage (who knows?, say low end BL = 16mpg vs high end OBX = 21mpg) for each or any numbers that feel correct and do the math you have an expected cost range for the fuel cost difference. I would guess it should get someone close enough to see they you feel about the answer and where to go from there, IMO.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "Bronco isn't made for fuel economy" argument is so lame. He's asking about 2 trims of the Bronco, not comparing a Bronco to a Prius. So annoying.
Yeah and when you compare the 2 trims depoending on engine choice fuel economy is roughly the same.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah and when you compare the 2 trims depoending on engine choice fuel economy is roughly the same.
what are your thoughts on a base ranger vs a ranger tremor?

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny how it annoys people so much to ask about mpg estimates...
Hang in there, the annoyed will go away soon enough to other threads to continue counseling others on which size rims are acceptable, what the ride height difference was between a Badlands and a Sasquatch etc. Its always a matter of inches with that crowd.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what are your thoughts on a base ranger vs a ranger tremor?
I’d say there would be a slight change maybe a mile difference. When I leveled my F150 and went form 31s to 33s my fuel mileage changed by a little over a mile per gallon. When i put a 6 inch lift and 37s it changed about 2-3 miles per gallon.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d say there would be a slight change maybe a mile difference. When I leveled my F150 and went form 31s to 33s my fuel mileage changed by a little over a mile per gallon. When i put a 6 inch lift and 37s it changed about 2-3 miles per gallon.
"If you're thinking fuel efficiency is a good reason to go with this smaller truck, you're going to want to think again. Partly because of its larger tires and blockier profile, the Ranger Tremor only manages a straight 19 miles per gallon across the board (city, highway and combined) according to EPA estimates. That's a surprisingly stiff comedown from the standard Ranger 4x4 XLT's 20 mpg city, 24 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined."

From CNET's review of the ranger tremor

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Fuel Economy of OBX vs Badlands 1613438806824

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I went from the stock 35s to 37s on my truck my fuel economy dropped about 0.5MPG, when I changed my rear end from the stock 4.10 to 4.56 I went up about 2-3MPG.

There’s a lot of factors that go into it, I didn’t lift my truck which definitely helps though.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hang in there, the annoyed will go away soon enough to other threads to continue counseling others on which size rims are acceptable, what the ride height difference was between a Badlands and a Sasquatch etc. Its always a matter of inches with that crowd.
Usually on forums that have been around long enough to gather a reasonably large populace, new threads start out with haggling for the first two pages and then the real answers begin popping up around page 3 and on lol

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Badlands has the 33s. OBX, 32s.

Funny how it annoys people so much to ask about mpg estimates. Some want to get an idea on cost per year and for me, it's off-road range with the tiny tanks. It's not an insignificant thing when you need to consider how much gas you have to carry. Some people actually off-road where the nearest gas station is over 100 miles away. With that said. maybe a mpg better on the OBX? I'm hoping for 17-20, 18-21 for stock BL.
I don't see it as annoying. It's simply the fact Ford hasn't published the info yet. Every reply is just a guess.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get 10-12 MPG and that’s fine with me, didn’t spend time restoring my Bronco to worry about fuel mileage, just glad the filling stations have plenty. Same with the new one, get what u want and enjoy it.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands has the 33s. OBX, 32s.

Funny how it annoys people so much to ask about mpg estimates. Some want to get an idea on cost per year and for me, it's off-road range with the tiny tanks. It's not an insignificant thing when you need to consider how much gas you have to carry. Some people actually off-road where the nearest gas station is over 100 miles away. With that said. maybe a mpg better on the OBX? I'm hoping for 17-20, 18-21 for stock BL.
Expecting people to think beyond their mental triggers appears to be too much to ask for in this day and age.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you feel this way given the ranger tremor rating?
The Ranger tremor adds the extra weight and bigger tires without re-gearing (to my knowledge) and it’s rolling the smaller motor. I’d imagine the bronco with the 2.3 might be in the neighborhood of the Ranger Tremor. I have the think the 2.7 will be in that neighborhood as well maybe like 22 highway?

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW...1973 all over again:eek:

My wife just brought an Audi e-Tron, so I'll make my MPG the average of Audi + Bronco MPG/2:unsure:
Exactly! MPG is an average so throw in a brisk walk and maybe use your kid's bike or borrow the neigbors and we should see 25MPG :)
Sponsored