Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's what I'm looking at. Ford is doing their best to compete with the Wrangler. My JL 4 door with the 3.6L averages 24-25 mpgs on the highway. Ford also knows that if one of their offerings drags down the overall CAFE average it will be bad news for the company. They understand that many today consider gas mileage an important part of their vehicle purchase. While I know that the 4 door WildTrack may not return the mileage that a base 2 door will, I expect the mpgs to be in an acceptable range for the Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The OBX with the 2.7 should get around 20/24. I got about that and sometimes higher with my 2.7 F-150 4x4 with 3.55 gears.

To look at it another way the 3.6 Wrangler is rated at 19/22 while the 2.0 gets 22/24 with the same 3.45 gearing. My daughter said she got as high as 27mpg on the highway when she had her 2.0.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious if any of this feedback is what you were looking for? Lol

If you were asking what the mpg will be on them then yeah I'd expect stupid answers.

If you were asking what the difference might by because of the gearing, then without giving any actual answers bc no one knows. You could estimate the obx would get better gas mileage by the percentage difference in the gearing. Still not exact as I don't expect the power bands do be the exact same with different sized tires and different gearing. Long story short, obx will get a mpg or two better than the badlands. But not enough to consider one trim over the other.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is a microcosm of Bronco6G. Poster asks stupid question for the 100th time without any possible answer. Other posters get mad and cry about how mean everyone is to them for asking stupid questions and defend their position about asking said stupid question with no possible answer by criticizing everyone who tells them to stop asking stupid questions with no possible answer.

New poster posts same question next day, rinse and repeat.

Does anyone know what my interest rate will be? Will the Bronco be reliable? When will my Bronco come? Will I get a 2021?

Ford Bronco Fuel Economy of OBX vs Badlands 1613483645407

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your tire sizes are off. The Outer banks are closer to 32's (32.06"), and the badlands are closer to 33's (32.71"). either way they'll be close to same in gas suckage.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is a microcosm of Bronco6G. Poster asks stupid question for the 100th time without any possible answer. Other posters get mad and cry about how mean everyone is to them for asking stupid questions and defend their position about asking said stupid question with no possible answer by criticizing everyone who tells them to stop asking stupid questions with no possible answer.

Does anyone know what my interest rate will be? Will the Bronco be reliable? When will my Bronco come? Will I get a 2021?

Ford Bronco Fuel Economy of OBX vs Badlands 1613483645407
You left out the part where people blame GVWR issues for most everything without any proof, even after Ford releases information that proves that theory wrong.

I'm still sad my Badlands is too heavy to take paint protection film without it flipping over and bursting into flames.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

1613483645407.gif
Here's the thing though. He's not asking about what the mpg is. He acknowledges we don't have that information. After reading your comment I went back to double check his original post. Pasting it here for convenience:

"I know it's hard to know for sure right now because Ford hasn't released any information yet, but I guess this is more about gear ratio and tire size.

How much of a difference are the gear ratio and tire size going to make on the Badlands vs the Outer Banks?"

He's asking likely towards those more in the know than him based on similar vehicles, how big a difference gear ratio and tire size make to mpg. Its a VALID question and one not warranting ridicule.

I can see if he was asking what the mpgs were but he's not, at all.
I was hoping we would get some intellectual numbers based response like one zackdanger or Rick astley would give. It's fun to just converse about these things while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for our Broncos

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was asking myself the same thing - OBX vs BL MPG. Eventually decided that hey, at least it takes regular gas...and decided to go sasquatch OBX and stay away from the steel stuff, so it probably undercuts a non-sas BL by 100 lbs (but obviously bigger tires will be ever so slightly worse MPG than a non-sas BL). If I am going to have poor MPGs, id rather pay that price with a better stance, flares and wheels, rather than lugging around a bunch of hidden steel parts on the BL that frankly I dont need

And honestly, getting a 4 door BL MGV with literally 2 cupholders ((front only) is a joke, and i'd be kicking myself to spend $2,200 to upgrade to leather when the MGV was plenty acceptable to get power seats and rear cupholders, which should be included in the mid 50k price point.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was asking myself the same thing - OBX vs BL MPG. Eventually decided that hey, at least it takes regular gas...and decided to go sasquatch OBX and stay away from the steel stuff, so it probably undercuts a non-sas BL by 100 lbs (but obviously bigger tires will be ever so slightly worse MPG than a non-sas BL). If I am going to have poor MPGs, id rather pay that price with a better stance, flares and wheels, rather than lugging around a bunch of hidden steel parts on the BL that frankly I dont need
Yep I was super close to doing the same thing to my wildtrak. Was about to Tony stark the thing then came back to earth. I'm not going to be out there doing things that truly justify the weight or cost (mpg and finance wise)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's the thing though. He's not asking about what the mpg is. He acknowledges we don't have that information. After reading your comment I went back to double check his original post. Pasting it here for convenience:

"I know it's hard to know for sure right now because Ford hasn't released any information yet, but I guess this is more about gear ratio and tire size.

How much of a difference are the gear ratio and tire size going to make on the Badlands vs the Outer Banks?"

He's asking likely towards those more in the know than him based on similar vehicles, how big a difference gear ratio and tire size make to mpg. Its a VALID question and one not warranting ridicule.

I can see if he was asking what the mpgs were but he's not, at all.
I was hoping we would get some intellectual numbers based response like one zackdanger or Rick astley would give. It's fun to just converse about these things while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for our Broncos
To be fair, yes his original post wasn’t as typical as the others. But what transpired after is vintage 6G lol. But, again it’s a question nobody can answer, it’s just guessing.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You left out the part where people blame GVWR issues for most everything without any proof, even after Ford releases information that proves that theory wrong.

I'm still sad my Badlands is too heavy to take paint protection film without it flipping over and bursting into flames.
My Badlands can have PPF 😎 Should of bought the cool one 😉 But yeah that’s a good one too lol.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be fair, yes his original post wasn’t as typical as the others. But what transpired after is vintage 6G lol. But, again it’s a question nobody can answer, it’s just guessing.
This forum certainly does have its own personality it seems

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually on forums that have been around long enough to gather a reasonably large populace, new threads start out with haggling for the first two pages and then the real answers begin popping up around page 3 and on lol
These threads are just preparing us for the what oil do you guys use, does a catch can work, and does the Bronco require premium fuel threads coming in the next 6 months after people start taking delivery and new folks find the forum.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These threads are just preparing us for the what oil do you guys use, does a catch can work, and does the Bronco require premium fuel threads coming in the next 6 months after people start taking delivery and new folks find the forum.
That just gave me a thought. There should be a masterlist FAQ pinned to the top of the forum, unless that already exists?

BRB gonna go check

Edit: nope there's not. Information is spread out via the tinelime post, master info post, and using search function. But idk 🤔...I wonder if FAQs can cut down on some of the posts we're inevitably going to see as you mentioned @TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That just gave me a thought. There should be a masterlist FAQ pinned to the top of the forum, unless that already exists?

BRB gonna go check

Edit: nope there's not. Information is spread out via the tinelime post, master info post, and using search function. But idk 🤔...I wonder if FAQs can cut down on some of the posts we're inevitably going to see as you mentioned @TNcoupe
They never have on any other car forum I've ever been on.
New Thread- What oil do you guys use in the 2.7?
First Reply- Check the FAQ thread or use the search function
EVERY.DAMN.TIME
Sponsored