Sponsored

Fuel economy - What will you be happy with?

Tenny

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 Corvette, Volt, Jeep XJ, Stealth RT/TT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm expecting some where around 20mpg...

I mean my XJ gets about 14mpg on the highway on an engine with 200k and 30+ year old tech. I would hope that they are able to squeeze a little bit more out of it.
Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I certainly hope the average is around at least 20mpg. Aside from the diesel version, I would think it would get close to the Jeep Wrangler mpg, 20-23 ish. Anything 20 and above would be satisfactory

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Currently getting 19mpg with my STi and 11mpg with the Chevy 2500HD. The wifeā€™s CX-9 gets 23. I would be thrilled to get 23 with the Bronco but I expect to only get 19.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1 MPG. šŸ˜ If MPG concerns you, I would recommend a Prius instead.
Dumb comment of the thread.

Some of us would love it if we were moving in the direction of protecting the very wilderness for which we buy tools like the Bronco to experience. But if contributing to its destruction is the only option, weā€™d prefer at least a generational improvement to our GHG emissions versus the technology we were able to buy decades ago...

But, if youā€™re buying the Bronco to commute to work and the mall, I agree you should get a Prius. I promise the Bronco wonā€™t make your peen any bigger.

Sponsored

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get 12mpg now with premium fuel in my off road vehicle so Iā€™ll be happy with whatever they give me

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My previous camping vehicle got 15 city. Anything above that is gravy.šŸ˜

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dumb comment of the thread.

Some of us would love it if we were moving in the direction of protecting the very wilderness for which we buy tools like the Bronco to experience. But if contributing to its destruction is the only option, weā€™d prefer at least a generational improvement to our GHG emissions versus the technology we were able to buy decades ago...

But, if youā€™re buying the Bronco to commute to work and the mall, I agree you should get a Prius. I promise the Bronco wonā€™t make your peen any bigger.
Cars arenā€™t ruining the environment

Sponsored

Otto44

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Gen 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t really care. Itā€™s a toy, the top will be off, it will be off road a decent amount. It will get 37s probably at some point. Mileage is of no concern for a vehicle like this.
Totally agreed, this vehicle is meant to be driven off road a lot, constantly on and off the throttle. get some jerry cans mounted on this thing and get ready to burn some fuel! all that said, I'm sure it will get better mpg than the older gen gas guzzling broncos of the past and that's good enough for me.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cars arenā€™t ruining the environment
Well, of course not, no one really believes they are....but we are all supposed to pretend they are or face the mob.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I honestly don't care, although I feel irresponsible saying that, but it's true.

I'm grabbing the 2.7 and when I go camp, it'll be dragging an extra 300lbs give or take I'd reckon easily not including my fat ass (not really, but not skinny) and whoever I have with me.

Gear and all said, what's more important to me than MPG, is the actual gas itself: regular. I've been driving cars that only take premium for so damn long I'm really just tired of it.

Running regular under normal circumstances, then maybe plus when loaded or on a trip will be great. If I can muster more than 15 hwy, that's a win and I think it's doable.
Irresponsible if you were buying a Bronco for a 50-mile daily commute on CA freeways. But not as a toy.

My Bronco is a replacement for a 95 Dakota that got 15mpg on a good day. It's not replacing my daily driver.

And, yes, add in weight for gear and supplies, where I camp, and for how long I go out, and how I have to lug a lot of water with me. If I can get 15mpg out of my Bronco while lugging all my gear and a week's worth of water up two or three very long 7% grades... I will be more than thrilled.šŸ˜

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not what do you expect, but "if I get at least [x], I'll be satisfied/happy". Talking calculated from the pump number, not the indicated.

On the 2.7L, I think 18-19 would be satisfied, and 20 would be happy. You? My Mustang got 15mpg, my truck got 16, so 18-19 would be a nice improvement.
Anything over the 14.5 I am getting with my JK ;)

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be happy with my top off, doors off, Bronco. MPG wasn't part of the decision making.
Sponsored