Sponsored

Fuel economy - What will you be happy with?

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2018 2dr Jeep JL got 20 mpg commuting in the Seattle area (40 to 80mph). It had the 4cyl turbo and was running on 33's on 2in of lift. I was very happy with that number. Bone stock, brand new, I bought it in Boise and the trip to Seattle netted 24mpg. Having had a couple Wranglers in the past I about crapped myself with that number. As the tires get bigger and the rig gets taller that mileage number goes down. I'll be pretty happy if the Badlands 2dr can hit 20.
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 2.3 liter Badlands 2 door with the 7 speed MT. I expect 18-21 out of it. If I drive it 80 on the highway then probably less than 18.
Fuel economy depends not only on your vehicle but also how you use it.

Check out this Top Gear test of the Toyota Prius compared to a BMW M3

My F-250 at 13.5 mpg gets better fuel economy than the 825 Gator at 12 mpg.
Ford Bronco Fuel economy - What will you be happy with? 1616346968280

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Irresponsible if you were buying a Bronco for a 50-mile daily commute on CA freeways. But not as a toy.

My Bronco is a replacement for a 95 Dakota that got 15mpg on a good day. It's not replacing my daily driver.

And, yes, add in weight for gear and supplies, where I camp, and for how long I go out, and how I have to lug a lot of water with me. If I can get 15mpg out of my Bronco while lugging all my gear and a week's worth of water up two or three very long 7% grades... I will be more than thrilled.😍
My commute is almost nothing which is ideal for Atlanta.

Look into water purification options if you regularly go camping near streams, rivers, or a lake. Grayl 24oz are great and if you need something large, check out the new Lifesaver. Expensive as hell, but its tough. Buddy of mine has one and I'm debating it. Thing is huge, but would strap to my roof rack.

What do you currently use to transport your water? 5 gallons just weighs so damn much and that honestly is only about enough for 2-3 days for 2 people. I currently carry 2 roto packs for 3 day trips and just one for an overnight, but I also have that Grayl. Great for emergencies at home also when there is a boil water situation.

OP
OP
ilkhan

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cars aren’t ruining the environment
Whether they are or not, ICE adds plenty of noise to what should be a tranquil outdoor setting. No reason to make it worse if we don't have to.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My commute is almost nothing which is ideal for Atlanta.

Look into water purification options if you regularly go camping near streams, rivers, or a lake. Grayl 24oz are great and if you need something large, check out the new Lifesaver. Expensive as hell, but its tough. Buddy of mine has one and I'm debating it. Thing is huge, but would strap to my roof rack.

What do you currently use to transport your water? 5 gallons just weighs so damn much and that honestly is only about enough for 2-3 days for 2 people. I currently carry 2 roto packs for 3 day trips and just one for an overnight, but I also have that Grayl. Great for emergencies at home also when there is a boil water situation.
No streams in the desert.🏜
But I've gotten really good at conserving my water.

Ford Bronco Fuel economy - What will you be happy with? 20180615_095624

I have a couple of Reliance 7gal jugs that are great except the air vents leak if they get jossled around, so I recently bought a 5gal Scepter and may pick up a couple more if I end up liking it.

I can do a week alone with just the two 7-gal jugs, so I guess three of the 5-gal would work.

(And yes, water is a bit heavy.)

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let's just say my Sahara gets anywhere between 16-20 MPG, so you don't have to be an Olympic pole vaulter to reach as high as my expectations. 😏

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Outback gets 34 mpg on the highway. I may sit out a year and wait for Ford to put a hybrid in the Bronco.

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are worried about mpg with a Bronco you might want to cancel your order and buy a Prius.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

24.5 Highway

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are worried about mpg with a Bronco you might want to cancel your order and buy a Prius.
Somebody already used this silly response so please try again. Some of us do care about range, especially in the places I will use the Bronco out in the desert. Also, the fewer barrels of oil I buy from the middle east, the better. I'll be disappointed if I can't muster 20+ on the highway since there were FSB guys getting 18 highway with well tuned 5.0s two decades ago.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the offroad capability, I'd be content with single digits. While it will also be my daily driver, I have a 3 mile commute to work and average 7.5 miles a day over the past 60 days. I also work in the oil field, so I'd be happy to contribute to keeping myself employed.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No streams in the desert.🏜
But I've gotten really good at conserving my water.

Ford Bronco Fuel economy - What will you be happy with? 20180615_095624

I have a couple of Reliance 7gal jugs that are great except the air vents leak if they get jossled around, so I recently bought a 5gal Scepter and may pick up a couple more if I end up liking it.

I can do a week alone with just the two 7-gal jugs, so I guess three of the 5-gal would work.

(And yes, water is a bit heavy.)
Ahh, I'm stupid, somehow forgot you were near beachfront property out there in Arizona. :)

Those are big and yes, very heavy. Sounds like you've got the best possible solution. Hate that you have to haul all of that.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have more concern about the range on a single tank than the actual mileage.

My Tundra gets in the 12s, which okay...Whatever...But it has a tiny ass tank that means I have to go to the gas station every 220-250 miles. I want consistent 300 miles per tank, or better.

It's a dream, so let me live it. Don't @ me yo.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would hope 21-22 combined. No reason for that estimate other than it's 20% less than my 330...yeah I know, totally different beast.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in the camp that I don’t really care about mpg, but range is a factor. I’d be ecstatic with 19mpg, satisfied with 17.
Sponsored