First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been pretty set on getting a base 2 door with the Sasquatch package due to the value. However, since the fuel tank size is 16.9 gallons on the two door and the EPA mpg ratings are not out yet, I'm worried the fuel range may be low. If the Sasquatch get 15 to 16 mpg (based on some rough numbers from similar vehicles and 35's), the range may only be 250 to 270 miles. I have no problem with 15 mpg but it would probably get old having to fill up every couple of days. Anyone else worried about the potential range of a 2 door with Sasquatch?
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been pretty set on getting a base 2 door with the Sasquatch package due to the value. However, since the fuel tank size is 16.9 gallons on the two door and the EPA mpg ratings are not out yet, I'm worried the fuel range may be low. If the Sasquatch get 15 to 16 mpg (based on some rough numbers from similar vehicles and 35's), the range may only be 250 to 270 miles. I have no problem with 15 mpg but it would probably get old having to fill up every couple of days. Anyone else worried about the potential range of a 2 door with Sasquatch?
Nah my mall and Target are pretty close. ?

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we are realistically going to see 17-19MPG and if you’re hooning it everywhere then maybe 12-15MPG but your sassy tires are going to wear out pretty quickly I’d imagine. Range was one of the reasons I think I’ve settled on 4dr, but I’d be very interested to see if the aftermarket comes out with bigger tanks.

I know Jeep with the old TJ models had two different sized tanks optioned and people discovered they were literally the same size tank and it was a simple mod to make it “bigger”. Granted this comparison is a little apples to oranges since all the TJs were two doors.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you'll see 15 mpg. Change the tires to taller/heavier tires and see it go down. I think the little motor will struggle with mpg, and will be a good around town or trail rig, but thirsty for most driving styles. Just my uneducated opinion.

OP
OP

colind

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just thinking out loud, is there a certain range manufacturers shoot for? Every car or truck I have driven will go well over 300 miles and usually around 400 miles on a full tank. Since the Sasquatch is coming from the factory, do you think Ford would make a vehicle with only 250 miles to empty on a full tank?

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure they would. It's marketing. Will buyers of a Bronco demand the range of a Ford Fusion. Then they need to figure out what size tank to get the range they feel buyers will demand. They are also working within the mileage (mpg, not range) parameters. So, they feel buyers will demand 250 - 300 mile range and they get 15mpg, they need a 20 gallon tank. How do they get that to fit. With some vehicles, trucks for example, they may not be required to meet certain mileage (mpg), but they may know their buyers will want 300 mile range, so they'll need a 25 gallon tank, or dual tanks. The bigger the tank, the more $ the fill-up, but that's for the buyer to realize after the purchase, and that's when more start to realize the mileage isn't what they wanted.

A vehicle on 35" tires will need horsepower and gearing to get a certain mileage (mpg). I can't imagine a small engine with such low gearing getting "good" mileage, but then again they've got some really good transmissions.

Another consideration is, although inconvenient, there are gas stations every 10 - 20 miles, and at most (even in most more remote places) within 100 - 150 miles. You can't run out of gas unless you're just plain not paying attention. Then, we've got the one gallon fuel cans, which don't provide any real advantage (another 10 miles of range per gallon off road), but they look cool. So, even if you're traveling across more remote portions of the country, it's almost impossible to run out of gas, if you're paying attention.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15 mpg!?! That would be horrible. It has to be better than that. These ecoboost engines are supposed to be efficient.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
15 mpg!?! That would be horrible. It has to be better than that. These ecoboost engines are supposed to be efficient.
Maybe it will be more efficient, but remember, every option you add and taller/heavier tire, eats away at the efficiency/fuel mileage. Put a 35" tire on a vehicle that came stock with 30" tires and that's 15% difference in tire size. You don't get that for free.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
fuel range is a bit of a joke with the 2 door if you use those numbers.

I dont think ford is going to sell a car that gets gas milage that bad.

If it does , and i hope they announce before ordering , i might have to wait for a car that is worth the bad gas milage

OP
OP

colind

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
fuel range is a bit of a joke with the 2 door if you use those numbers.

I dont think ford is going to sell a car that gets gas milage that bad.

If it does , and i hope they announce before ordering , i might have to wait for a car that is worth the bad gas milage
I agree. I'm trying to be realistic in case we don't know the EPA estimates prior to ordering. Even if EPA estimates show 18 highway, everyone knows that's hard to achieve for the average driver.
Sponsored