First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am already thinking about some Rotopax. Not on the side doors though!
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been pretty set on getting a base 2 door with the Sasquatch package due to the value. However, since the fuel tank size is 16.9 gallons on the two door and the EPA mpg ratings are not out yet, I'm worried the fuel range may be low. If the Sasquatch get 15 to 16 mpg (based on some rough numbers from similar vehicles and 35's), the range may only be 250 to 270 miles. I have no problem with 15 mpg but it would probably get old having to fill up every couple of days. Anyone else worried about the potential range of a 2 door with Sasquatch?
I can go 180 miles in my Isuzu between refills. Getting 250-270 would be a dream! I fill up about every 10 days (pre-covid). How far do you drive in a day?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 80 series Land Cruiser and the Land Rover are some popular overland rigs. They get in the neighborhood of 10mpg and have 25 and 22 gallon tanks. Even conservative mpg numbers from the Bronco will beat these trucks by almost 100 miles per tank. I don't see tank size as an issue and I don't think the Bronco will slurp petrol like my Rover, even off road.

OP
OP

colind

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can go 180 miles in my Isuzu between refills. Getting 250-270 would be a dream! I fill up about every 10 days (pre-covid). How far do you drive in a day?
I have about a 70 mile round trip commute. I'd be looking at around 3 days before having to fill up with these estimates assuming I'm not running it to empty. I don't mind the lower mpg's, just don't want to regret having to fill up so often. I just used to being able to commute all week on one tank in my pickup.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My FJ had a 19 gal tank and likely similar mileage 15-16 in town. It sucked. Seeing the chassis photos of the Bronco it doesn't look good for adding additional fuel capacity. My Raptor by comparison is awesome. It holds 36 gallons. I can comfortably do 600 highway miles.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everything is pretty close to me and work is just 10 miles away. I would prefer if the bronco got better than 15 mpg, but I am not getting the bronco for the gas mileage.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else worried about the potential range of a 2 door with Sasquatch?
Since I am getting a 2-door, there ain't much I can do about the range other than driving habits. No sense worrying about stuff I can't control.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really as it will be a second vehicle for me. Besides, that's why Ford includes their Roadside Assistance for free for 3 years. ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since I am getting a 2-door, there ain't much I can do about the range other than driving habits. No sense worrying about stuff I can't control.
Yep, this falls into the "it is what it is" category

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I get about 100 miles on a tank right now. 250 miles would be amazing! Fortunately I only live about 10 miles from work.
Even on my motorcycle, which I get over 50 mpg when touring, still only goes about 250 miles max between fill ups.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
15 mpg!?! That would be horrible. It has to be better than that. These ecoboost engines are supposed to be efficient.
The 2.0 in the sport is 21/26 MPG. I think we'd be lucky to see Wrangler numbers on the regular bronco.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep! One of my main concerns with the 2dr and Sasquatch. Not thrilled to have to bring a minimum of 8-10g on every off-road outing. I'm often on 300 mile outings with no gas in sight and it can be a lot further than that if you go exploring even more. Never had to worry with my Raptor but there's no way the Bronco will go where I want it to go without bringing a lot of extra gas. I'm more like, where do I want to store it all. On top? On or around the spare? Just wished they would have made at least a 25g tank!

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For reference the Sport estimates. I wouldn’t have high hopes for any bronco sasquatched.
-The EPA hasn't posted the results on its own website, but Autoblog reported Tuesday on the figures after discovering anyone can pull the results up on the Bronco Sport's window sticker via Ford's official website. Without further ado, the Bronco Sport when equipped with its standard 1.5-liter turbocharged inline-three engine and eight-speed automatic returns 25 miles per gallon in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 25 mpg combined.
Sponsored