Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[
I agree and I’m not expecting over 20 mpg, but 15 mpg listed by the factory would be crazy.

Raptor Super Crew with 3.5 is listed 16 mpg average. I would expect 18 mpg from 4 door Sasquatch. Anything less will be disappointing.
15 to 18MPG mixed with Sasquatch is what the real world will be, the EPA fantasy will be 5MPG better. That is the disconnect here. You are not comparing apples to apples
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[

15 to 18MPG mixed with Sasquatch is what the real world will be, the EPA fantasy will be 5MPG better. That is the disconnect here. You are not comparing apples to apples
Gotcha. I understand, I'm just hoping the fantasy EPA number isn't 15 because that's big big trouble if so.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[

I will say that hasn't been the case on the hondas and acuras that I've owned. I drive with a pretty heavy foot and I'm almost dead nuts on their estimates. I drive a nice mix of highway and city as well.

I believe you if this isn't typically the case with ford though.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, my Ford Fiesta is rated at 27 - 35 mpg and I've averaged 36.1 mpg over 51k miles. Doesn't seem possible.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't want to fill up every couple of days, buy a prius, or don't drive it every day. Gas mileage will suck, but you aren't buying it for it's efficiency.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My RS and F250 both only get 240-250 miles to a tank ?‍♂

I'm sure there will be aux fuel tanks available before too long.

Gear Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The gearing in the ring & pinion to offset the 35" tires along with the mapping of the transmission will determine the MPG....I'm sure that ford has it mapped out right you're probably looking at anywhere between 18 to 22...could be wrong on this but we maybe surprised on this...When redoing the ring and pinion on the FJ40 stock was 4:11 running 28"...going to 35" I moved up to 4:56 gearing to put me back into the meat of the band, (close to stock)....on the low end and cruising down the freeway and maintaining good RPM If I had of moved up to 4:88 I would have lost more torque on the bottom end and even lower RPM at cruising .... there is a balancing act when playing with ring and pinion ratios...and tire size...The transmission with the mode you run this vehicle in will play a major part in all of this...and that goes back to mapping.. I'm stoked and I'm ready good luck everybody...:cool:

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just thinking out loud, is there a certain range manufacturers shoot for? Every car or truck I have driven will go well over 300 miles and usually around 400 miles on a full tank. Since the Sasquatch is coming from the factory, do you think Ford would make a vehicle with only 250 miles to empty on a full tank?
They did with their focus st lol the range was terrible on that thing. 250 miles on 50/50 driving

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A large range is a luxury in the city, but a necessity off road. Sucks if you are 80 miles from a gas station, just refilling could take you 4 hours, and still use a third of your range by time you get back to camp. Plus stations in the middle of nowhere often do not have premium and are often a lot more expensive than more populated areas.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it will be more efficient, but remember, every option you add and taller/heavier tire, eats away at the efficiency/fuel mileage. Put a 35" tire on a vehicle that came stock with 30" tires and that's 15% difference in tire size. You don't get that for free.
You are forgetting that a 30” tire come with a 3.73 ratio and a 35” tire gets the 4.7 ratio. That’s a huge equalizer. The main difference will be the extra weight of the tires and axles

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Off-road range has been an issue for me and certainly will be in my 2-door, though I think it'll have better mpg than many of you are predicting. I studied the frame in Townsend and it looks like a muffler delete with a side exit exhaust in front of the tire would allow for a 10+ gallon aux tank in the old muffler area. I'd add a tubular skid/cage to avoid a Pinto situation but it seems like a plausible idea. That's where the main tank is on the early Broncos.
Ford Bronco Fuel range concerns with 2 door Sasquatch 20201009_135417

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats what I was thinking. Concrete jungles have them everywhere, the mountains do not. At least where I live.
Sponsored