First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what is the fuel capacity on the 2 door BD mid-package ( I have looked for this info and only found a 9 month old thread with zero info )
Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what is the fuel capacity on the 2 door BD mid-package ( I have looked for this info and only found a 9 month old thread with zero info )
I don’t think they have disclosed this to the public yet. All I have seen are videos and pics of the dashboard, showing the fuel gauge 1/4 full, 90 mi to empty. Doing some quick math, 90x4=360mi. I would guess 350-400mi total range

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still find it interesting the 4 door holds more fuel than the Explorer. Not a bad thing, just interesting.
When out in the middle of no where you want to take as much fuel as possible, Explorers just need to be able to make it to the next gas station.

OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
well that means about 300 miles give or take on how much lead is in your foot
thanks for the quick response

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When out in the middle of no where you want to take as much fuel as possible, Explorers just need to be able to make it to the next gas station.
Oh agreed, I was more griping about the Explorers small one, not the other way around. My f-150 has a 36 Gallon. I'd prefer the capacity.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still find it interesting the 4 door holds more fuel than the Explorer. Not a bad thing, just interesting.
I assume they're shooting for a specific range rather than some maximum volume of fuel capacity. The 4cyl Explorer gets a 17.9 gallon tank, while the V6 gets 20.2 gallons. There's nothing about the V6 that gives more room for a bigger fuel tank, but they probably want to minimize loaded weight on the smaller engine if it still hits their range targets. Combined mpg for the I4 is 23, times a 17.9 gal tank is 412 miles range. Combined for the V6 is 20mpg, times 20.2 gallons is 404 miles. That seems to track.

The Bronco will absolutely get worse mileage than the Explorer, so they need a bigger tank to get the range. From the marketing photos of the bare chassis, it looks like the tank size is constrained by the front crossmember, transfer case, and rear axle:

Ford Bronco fuel tank capacity 1615820284071

So the four door can fit a physically larger tank than the 2.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh agreed, I was more griping about the Explorers small one, not the other way around. My f-150 has a 36 Gallon. I'd prefer the capacity.
To equal the Explorer's 400 mile range based on combined mpg, the 4 door Bronco would have to get 19mpg combined and the 2 door would have to get 24mpg combined. Maybe the 4cyl 4 door could do that, but I don't think any other combo will. So the Explorer's "small" tank gives a better range than the Bronco's "big" one.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume they're shooting for a specific range rather than some maximum volume of fuel capacity. The 4cyl Explorer gets a 17.9 gallon tank, while the V6 gets 20.2 gallons. There's nothing about the V6 that gives more room for a bigger fuel tank, but they probably want to minimize loaded weight on the smaller engine if it still hits their range targets. Combined mpg for the I4 is 23, times a 17.9 gal tank is 412 miles range. Combined for the V6 is 20mpg, times 20.2 gallons is 404 miles. That seems to track.

The Bronco will absolutely get worse mileage than the Explorer, so they need a bigger tank to get the range. From the marketing photos of the bare chassis, it looks like the tank size is constrained by the front crossmember, transfer case, and rear axle:

Ford Bronco fuel tank capacity 1615820284071

So the four door can fit a physically larger tank than the 2.
I follow your logic, thanks for sharing and the detail provided.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
isnt there like photos of the dashboard showing range and MPG floating around?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

isnt there like photos of the dashboard showing range and MPG floating around?
There are, but they're taken from early rock crawling and the KOH... so it's going to be worst case scenarios. (lots of idling, lots of hammer down, lots of high torque demands, etc).

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a hard time believing that the brick with 35's will see 20mpg, ever.
Sponsored