Broncosaurs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco, vw sport wagon TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need a full 7 pin tow plug. I need the Backup wire to disable the hydraulic brakes on a boat trailer when backing up. Wanted the electric trailer brakes for a flatbed trailer towing my RZR. After reading all the posts on trailer hookup here on this site this is where I am. (thanks to all who have added so much) . Below is my diagram for the wiring.

A few notes:
I am using the two wire to three wire converter to get the "stop switch" to the brake controller. I did not want any feedback from the controller to back-feed into the Bronco. The controller will back feed 12v if the controller is used to manually activate the e brakes. Redarc does make a diode system which would work if connected to the rear center brake light.

Going to mount the brake controller in the rear left panel along with the taillight isolator and the 2-3 converter. The wire to connect the controller to the knob will run under the driver seat to rear console.

My color codes for the Bronco are for halogen tail lights. I will confirm the colors when I get into the install.

Etrailer $360 for all the electronics and plugs. CARId $127 for receiver.

Questions:
Do the plugs C414/C415 have the stop/turn, Park and reverse? Are they located in the rear side panels?
Is there a wire to turn on the AUX 12 charge relay SSR in the rear panel?

If I made any mistakes please let me know. I will post some install picts as soon as the parts arrive.
Sponsored

Attachments

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why simply wiring it to the reverse light wouldn't work?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend