Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only they hadn’t chained up the Stig in the basement, we could get true and accurate info... 🥺

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I initially reached out to my dealer to place my order back in january, he was really good about managing my expectations of what I could expect to get and see over the next few months based on what he knew at the time. I told him something along the lines of:

"Hey man, it's fine, I know most of this is out of your control, as long as you're good with the communication, I don't care if my stuff is delayed. Just be honest with me about stuff and I'll be a grown-up about it."

I feel like Ford could go a long way with understanding that most of us are the same way. We know shit's gonna be delayed, but don't blow smoke up our collective ass and make sure to give us reasonable expectations of when things will be happening, and we can handle it. Like, I've got a car I need to get sold to make way for the truck, but I'm hesitant to sell it if it turns out my estimate of july-ish for delivery turns out to be november. Having enough notice to work around constraints like that would go a long way to make me a happy customer, a lot more than a free headliner does.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I initially reached out to my dealer to place my order back in january, he was really good about managing my expectations of what I could expect to get and see over the next few months based on what he knew at the time. I told him something along the lines of:

"Hey man, it's fine, I know most of this is out of your control, as long as you're good with the communication, I don't care if my stuff is delayed. Just be honest with me about stuff and I'll be a grown-up about it."

I feel like Ford could go a long way with understanding that most of us are the same way. We know shit's gonna be delayed, but don't blow smoke up our collective ass and make sure to give us reasonable expectations of when things will be happening, and we can handle it. Like, I've got a car I need to get sold to make way for the truck, but I'm hesitant to sell it if it turns out my estimate of july-ish for delivery turns out to be november. Having enough notice to work around constraints like that would go a long way to make me a happy customer, a lot more than a free headliner does.
I'm half expecting to get mine in July and also have to sell my 05 LJ Rubicon. I've been debating taking it to Moab tomorrow flying a sign. But like you say, if it's November I should wait a while.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ATTENTION FORD!!
READ THIS. GOOD STUFF WITHIN.

That being said, the collective B6G menatlity pre-launch was pretty much what was written above.
Post launch .... people throwing fits about cup holders.
So, I'm not certain the rest of the "adults" can handle an upfront press release.
So the reality is, that would be a pipe dream.

Honestly, seeing what a shit show some of these threads become, I can truly understand why Ford just keeps mum.
Just recently Ford went out on a limb for the Mod Top, but the current supply chain issues are haunting them, causing them to retract the "late availability" and people are losing their collective minds.

I do A LOT of work at their steel suppliers. I have only a minor understanding of supply chain issues that these guys deal with. Reading some of the comments here are a harsh lesson in rampant, willful ignorance and entitlement mentality.
Therefore, despite everything else, there's no way Ford is going to make statements that will undoubtedly be taken as a promises by the general public.

Onthegas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch 5/9/22
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forum’s premier source of intel:

Hey Dominick Pericak!

Would you ask your dad about what’s happening at the plant, and then get back to us? ...and more videos!
Sponsored