Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I made a video showing the full install process in detail. Let me know if you have any questions and I can help you out. Installing just the hitch is very easy, maybe a 2 out of 10 on difficulty scale. For the 4 pin wiring harness, maybe a 4 out of 10, the most difficult part being routing the power line from the rear bumper to the engine compartment. That requires wiggling around under the truck a good bit and reaching in to some small spaces. Forum members have also noted a process where you can get power from inside the rear cargo area, but that requires removing a bunch of interior trim panels and I didn't want to mess with that.

The part numbers I installed are:
Hitch receiver: Curt #13493
Wiring harness: Curt #56468

See also a separate post with title "How to fix Curt trailer wiring harness to work on halogen tail lights" before you install this wiring harness if you have a Base, Big Bend, or Black Diamond trim level.

Real Truck sells these parts and they are a forum sponsor and I believe offer a discount if you send a DM to Alex @RealTruck

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the videos. Iā€™ve been following the hitch discussions. Good to see it done. Especially in combination with the pin swap video.

Iā€™ve had the hitch in for a bit, but havenā€™t got around to do the harness. Donā€™t have anything to use it with yet. Just my dreams of getting a little boat someday. Guess I can get an led tester instead.

I might try the rear power option when I finally do it.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't looked at the in cabin fuse box on mine yet, but will a power tap be a viable option for the power source?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven't looked at the in cabin fuse box on mine yet, but will a power tap be a viable option for the power source?
It could be, any 12v power should do, but I don't think that option would be any easier to connect.

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for putting together and posting the wiring install video, good job. One question, for those of us with LED tail lights, do we need to cut and ground the red wire also?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for putting together and posting the wiring install video, good job. One question, for those of us with LED tail lights, do we need to cut and ground the red wire also?
Great question. @VoltageDrop can you help answer this?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great question. @VoltageDrop can you help answer this?
No, grounding the red wire is only for halogen lights due to the combined stop and turn signals. For LED lights, the red wire is the stop signal wire.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, grounding the red wire is only for halogen lights due to the combined stop and turn signals. For LED lights, the red wire is the stop signal wire.
OK! Thank you and glad it was asked, I will edit my initial post to mention this and will also pin a comment on the video as well.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only need the hitch for now. I have read enough of the 4 and 7 pin discussion to want to keep both capable in the future if I do buy a boat. Will this hitch (Curt #13493) support adding either in the future?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only need the hitch for now. I have read enough of the 4 and 7 pin discussion to want to keep both capable in the future if I do buy a boat. Will this hitch (Curt #13493) support adding either in the future?
Yes, the hitch doesn't integrate with the harness in any way, you can decide in the future.

Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone in the market for a boat Im in FL and I have a 2013 16ft Mako center console with a 25hp Mercury that Im looking to off load
Ford Bronco Full install video for aftermarket hitch and wiring harness C17EF77D-4AF4-4EB7-AF1B-48F9A42F41E4

Dalbus

Wildtrak
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco, Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone know the tail light wiring schematic for tapping into power/signal source for the Ford FT1Z15A416A wire kit? It does not have plug-and-play harnesses and requires splicing into the factory wires that don't color match normal trailer wires.

Dalbus

Wildtrak
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco, Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone know the tail light wiring schematic for tapping into power/signal source for the Ford FT1Z15A416A wire kit? It does not have plug-and-play harnesses and requires splicing into the factory wires that don't color match normal trailer wires.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What we need is a video of installing the 7 pin. That's the mystery...hitches and 4 pins are straightforward.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Driver side cargo area, behind the trim panel. If you take the small trim piece off just in front of the dead plugs for the washer hose and rear window wiring you can look down and see a ground wire and the "tree" that has the 3 trailer tow module plugs. They are not used obviously since youā€™re adding the tow wiring so just tap one of the thick blue wires (I forget stripe color) just test for hot. The rest of the signal wires will be in those unused plugs, sorry I donā€™t have a wiring diagram.
Sponsored