Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks awesome!! One of the first things I’m gonna do when I get mine next month (hopefully)… there’s a place here in LA that says they do 3 coats and it will last over 10 years…. Anyone ever heard of that?
I don’t know anything about this stuff, it’s all pretty new to me.
the active ingredient is snake oil.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NuclearBronco

NuclearBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excuse my ignorance but what is paint correction
In some cases it is simply machine polishing to remove swirl marks and other minor defects. That is what is usually done with a relatively new vehicle. Older paint may require very light wetsanding of the clearcoat followed by polishing.

If the correction isn't done prior to ceramic application, the ceramic will seal in those imperfections and no amount of washing or waxing will make it better

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What paint correction did your new vehicle require?
There's definitely room for improvement with a factory paint job. Granted, it's not much room for aggressive polishing, but you can still work wonders on the orange peel with a few hours of labor. You're not necessarily trying to get out the swirl marks that come with automatic car washes and the like, but even a brand-new, off the lot paint job can benefit from a buff-out.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2006 C6 Corvette that I get asked all the time if it is Ceramic coated. Answer is no but I did buff and polish the entire car. I thoroughly cleaned it, then bought an orbital buffer and used Meguires polish and a mild sponge pad, followed by a hand wax. Total cost was about $100. It took a fair amount of time- about 6 hours to do. Just a regular hand wash and hand wax to keep the look up.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! I was going to get ceramic coating, but the guy I was going through talked me out of it thankfully. I park outdoors, with oak branches overhanging my driveway. He said that's a nightmare scenario for ceramic, as I'd need to make sure I dried the car after a rain, immediately wipe off bird poop, tree sap, etc. Instead I just got the hood and front quarters wrapped. Im not the guy out washing or wiping down his vehicle weekly. They do look great though!
Seems like ceramic coating is a very short-lived benefit if you live anywhere where it gets cold in the winter. I will save the ceramic coating for a car that isn't meant for 4-season use.

OP
OP
NuclearBronco

NuclearBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! I was going to get ceramic coating, but the guy I was going through talked me out of it thankfully. I park outdoors, with oak branches overhanging my driveway. He said that's a nightmare scenario for ceramic, as I'd need to make sure I dried the car after a rain, immediately wipe off bird poop, tree sap, etc. Instead I just got the hood and front quarters wrapped. Im not the guy out washing or wiping down his vehicle weekly. They do look great though!
Dont know who you talked to, but literally none of that is true.

Both of my trucks were driveway parked due to length, and down here in South Texas we get dust, pollen, lots of bug splats, hard water, you name it. I would run both those trucks thru the wash at Buc-ee's and they come out the other end gleaming.

OP
OP
NuclearBronco

NuclearBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the active ingredient is snake oil.
Thats what my brother thought too. He is an auto painter that has 30 years experience in the custom auto paint scene. His work has been featured in national magazines. He changed his tune when he saw my Vette a few years ago.

He recently painted his front bumper and grill on his truck to color match instead of chrome, and since it was new cut and buffed paint, he decided to ceramic coat what he had painted. Now he complains it's the only part of the truck that looks clean after a week of driving it.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 123240.jpg

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my new Expedition Max, clay barred and ceramic coated, here on Long Island, for $750. Looks great! Contact Dave @ [email protected].
Thanks - tried reaching out to him but the email address you provided in “undeliverable” and was returned.

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What mud flaps did you get? They are doing a great job protecting you rig.
I went with the Mabett mudflaps which can be found on Amazon. They work good and look okay.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs