Sponsored

full power KC flex 3's as fog lights in the modular bumper pocket?

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
So i have KC flex 3's and i saw a mock up from one of these shows that KC is planning a bracket to mount them in the slits on the modular bumper.

But what are the legal issues with this? i found out late (after i ordered them) that its not exactly legal to use these lights on roads. However im coping with the idea that these would only be activated in extremely rare situations where visibility becomes a threat.

I ordered the spot (another mistake i heard) so i can just order the combo lenses right?

Can cops just give you a ticket if you are not even using them? Im sure they would not freak out if there is nightmare levels of fog or snow right?
Sponsored

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
no help?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So i have KC flex 3's and i saw a mock up from one of these shows that KC is planning a bracket to mount them in the slits on the modular bumper.

But what are the legal issues with this? i found out late (after i ordered them) that its not exactly legal to use these lights on roads. However im coping with the idea that these would only be activated in extremely rare situations where visibility becomes a threat.

I ordered the spot (another mistake i heard) so i can just order the combo lenses right?

Can cops just give you a ticket if you are not even using them? Im sure they would not freak out if there is nightmare levels of fog or snow right?
Depends on the laws where you are. Some states require all non-DOT lighting (headlights/fog lights) to be covered. Some states don't require them to be covered but don't allow them to be used on public roads.

If you are not using anything with an SAE rating, they are technically not legal to use on public roads. With that said, if you use a pattern that doesn't throw glare you shouldn't have any issues if you aim them correctly.

I'm not sure what KC is planning but we already have a mounting system that works with aftermarket pods... so why wait for KC? Just buy our brackets:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Depends on the laws where you are. Some states require all non-DOT lighting (headlights/fog lights) to be covered. Some states don't require them to be covered but don't allow them to be used on public roads.

If you are not using anything with an SAE rating, they are technically not legal to use on public roads. With that said, if you use a pattern that doesn't throw glare you shouldn't have any issues if you aim them correctly.

I'm not sure what KC is planning but we already have a mounting system that works with aftermarket pods... so why wait for KC? Just buy our brackets:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
will these work with the KC's? I need to know 100%

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

will these work with the KC's? I need to know 100%
Not sure. I've never really seen anybody run KC for the fogs these days, sorry to say. It should if it's a 3" pod

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Not sure. I've never really seen anybody run KC for the fogs these days, sorry to say. It should if it's a 3" pod
cant buy it if i dont know if it works man

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

cant buy it if i dont know if it works man
Good luck then, sorry I don't know more about the KC Flex but if they are 3" as I said, they should fit fine as our brackets are pretty universal.
Sponsored