Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be doing a clear matte on AMB 2 door. Knock off some of the shine but still transition like a midnight blue...
Sponsored

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I meant more in the context of will they cover it if you're in a collision afterwards, but may still the same answer
i had someone back into my car a few years ago. I showed them the invoice for the PPF and insurance covered replacing the PPF on the new panel

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you looked into getting a 3M wrap in Dallas at all? Just curious because I just recently moved into the area and the nearest company that I could find that could "officially" do 3M wraps was in Austin.
I know a guy in Lantana (near Dallas) who does amazing work wrapping cars. It’s Clear Bra North Dallas. 940-600-1308.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is very cool. Mine is also Cactus Grey, and I have an appointment August 9th - going with Avery Dennison Supreme Defense Matte.
What place in Bay Area are you using to install for you?

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jason, that is high. Check around with other installers. Prices were all over the place when I checked prices for mine.
Oh I definitely will look around. They even want about $400-$730 to tint the side windows.

Unless they want to sponsor my bronco for their website or advertising and give me a discount, I'm shopping around.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I just googled there is only one Xpel company in Dallas and when I got a quote for a custom 3M wrap previously it was only around 4.5k vs 7k of what Vinny got quoted. I understand it may be better, but I figure ANY wrap is still better than no wrap.
Xpel is from Texas, there should be a host of licensed installers in the area

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Directly from Xpel in Dallas if curious.

PAINT PROTECTION FILM

XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS™ is a virtually invisible urethane layer that protects your vehicle’s paint from everyday damages including scuffs, scratches, chips, and more. And ideal for high impact areas such as front bumpers, hoods, fenders, and rocker panels. It is backed by our comprehensive 10-year warranty.

Partial Front End: $1,295 Initial 18”-24” of hood and fenders, 2 day install (add $200 for full size SUV and Trucks)

Full Front End: $2,195 Full hood and fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors, 3 day install

Full Car: $6,495 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 day install

Full Truck/SUV: $7,495 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 -6 day install

WINDOW TINT

All XPEL PRIME™ automotive window films block over 99% of harmful UV rays and are backed by a transferrable lifetime warranty. PRIME XR has a Nano-ceramic/IR layer which provides up to an 88% infrared heat rejection and PRIME XR PLUS provides up to a 98% heat rejection rating.

Side and Back Windows:

Prime CS - $249

PRIME XR Nano Ceramic: $429*

PRIME XR PLUS 2 Layer Nano Ceramic: $729*

*Add $200 for Tesla Model 3

Windshield:

PRIME XR $349

PRIME XR PLUS $449

*Add $300 for Tesla Model X

Sunroof:

PRIME XR 70: $200

Prime XR Plus 70: $275

*Add $200 for Tesla Models Y

CERAMIC COATINGS

XPEL FUSION PLUS™ ceramic coating bonds at the molecular level to seal and protect surfaces from environmental contaminants, harmful UV rays, and insect acids. FUSION PLUS also provides resistance to light scratches and fading. Its hydrophobic properties repel dirt and liquids, making surfaces easier to clean.

Full Vehicle Coating (Painted Areas Only): $1,495*

Full Sized Trucks/SUVs Add $300.

Add $400 for vehicles 1 year and older.

Exterior Plastic Trim - $300

Wheels - $250

Interior -$595
fabric seats, carpet, leather, and vinyl surfaces

Glass - $275

*Includes paint corrections

We are not an independent installer. We are an XPEL Corporate install center. This means you are getting the best product and the best installation for your vehicle.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well is it even go ever go off road to get "desert pinstripes? 4k buys a LOT of good stuff besides a condom for your Bronco

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Around $4,000
That's a great price. I'm debating whether to do a 3 stage paint correction/ceramic pro and xpel for the entire front, or just wrap the whole car with xpel.

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and then put PPF over the ceramic. If you have the money…
Other way around. Ceramic over PPF. Ceramic doesn't last as long but you can easily do it yourself and it will prolong the life of the PPF.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look really good! You probably know this but...I would plan to replace it at year 8 (if you still own the Bronco). My Elise came with it from the factory. I had it replaced at year 10 without much issue. The installer skipped the rear bumper and rockers and by year 15 the ppf/xpel had disintegrated and became one with the paint. It took dozens of hours to remove the little pieces and adhesive. It required new paint. The car spent two months in the body shop.

Monsterdun

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For Bay Area installers I have a few friends that used this place:

https://bayareadetails.com/

I think they have a great reputation, but likely very expensive. Let us know if you get a quote.
Here is quote I got from OCDetailing for 4 door Bronco FE:
Here's the breakdown on CQuartz Finest Reserve. (forgive my copy and paste. I send this out a lot).
My prep work prior to coating includes:

-Paint correction, to remove surface defects and brighten the paint up to the highest possible level
-Removing and cleaning wheel barrels(inside) and faces.
-Cleaning painted calipers(if they are painted),
-Deep cleaning fender liners,
-Polishing all glass,
-Polishing all metal,
-Polishing the light covers
-Deep cleaning the plastic trim around the bottom of the car and wheel arches.

The coating application covers:

-CQuartz Finest Reserve on all the painted surfaces IR cured for maximum hardness and gloss.
-CQuartz Finest Reserve on all the wheels and calipers.
-FlyByForte glass coating on all exterior glass.
-Car Pro Dlux trim coating on the plastic trim around the car, prevents plastic from fading or looking old.

So the total on the exterior is $2500 and it’ll take 3-5 days depending on condition.
We have the option of doing the interior with CQuartz Leather and Fabric if you like for an additional $500 and that includes the prep work of a full interior detail.

AawyHwX.jpg

-

U27iySJ.jpg

W0R1YaQ.png

If you are looking to prevent rock chips we also offer Stek DYNOshield Paint Protection Film, our front end package covers:

-Full Hood
-Full Fenders
-Full Front Bumper
-Headlights
-Fog Lights
-Mirrors
-Door cups

This is $2995 installed with all edges possible wrapped and includes the coating application on the film as well. Like your paint, coating the Stek DYNOshield Paint Protection Film will make your film easy to maintain. For gloss installation and prefer Stek DYNOshield Paint Protection Film for superior gloss, minimal orange peel, and less film defects than other glossy films. For Satin/Matte we prefer XPEL Stealth.

Add 4 Doors is $1600
Adding Both Quarters is $800

7CfwSli.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

ItemCost
Front End - Paint Protection Film$2,995.00
CQuartz Finest Reserve$2,500.00

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the paint protection film. Was planning to do the doors to avoid scratches from branches (my #1 peeve), but now the OP has me thinking...
Sponsored