2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you plan to use the vehicle every weekend in the sand, snow, rocks, mud and gravel, plus the highway miles to get to those places... you'll be grateful what your paint looks like after 5 years with this PPF on it.
Wife & I don't keep our vehicles for 5yrs (besides my LJ wrangler). I don't have wrap on any of our vehicles or the offroad camper, that all see heavy thick & narrow trails. Is it a chance I'm taking...sure. Pinstriping tends to buff out. But I've also had more broken windshields on vehicles (average 1 new windshield per vehicle each year due to gravel trucks) here in CO than anything else.
Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This might be more suitable for a separate thread butā€¦ - Anyone on here ever run into trouble with the law regarding tinting over your stateā€™s limits or while driving through other states with more restrictive tinting limits? My state (IN) limit is 30%ā€¦but the back windows are already factory tinted to 15 or 20% - Iā€™d like to match them If it likely wonā€™t be a big deal.
In NY, all rear windows on an SUV only (designated in NY on your registration as SUBN - NJ allows sedans also) can be as dark as you want them so you can put tints over the factory privacy glass. Front windshield and front side windows must allow 70% light transmission in NY. NJ does not allow tint of any kind on windshield or front sides.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please remember that the factory film only covers the front half of the hood. This will leave a visible line across half the hood which, if you have ANY OCD tendencies, will look like crap.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is very cool. Mine is also Cactus Grey, and I have an appointment August 9th - going with Avery Dennison Supreme Defense Matte.
Iā€™m also Cactus Gray and talking with a shop on a price for a matte finish.

Sponsored

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would you get the MIC top wrapped? I don't think it would even adhere.
Thats true. Im sure MICs can save money not having this wrapped. Maybe only MOD Tops can be wrapped.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For Bay Area installers I have a few friends that used this place:

https://bayareadetails.com/

I think they have a great reputation, but likely very expensive. Let us know if you get a quote.
What "Bay"? If you mean the San Francisco Bay Area, SS Customs is the best shop on the peninsula. (Redwood City, CA)
Here is quote I got from OCDetailing for 4 door Bronco FE:
Here's the breakdown on CQuartz Finest Reserve. (forgive my copy and paste. I send this out a lot).
My prep work prior to coating includes:

-Paint correction, to remove surface defects and brighten the paint up to the highest possible level
-Removing and cleaning wheel barrels(inside) and faces.
-Cleaning painted calipers(if they are painted),
-Deep cleaning fender liners,
-Polishing all glass,
-Polishing all metal,
-Polishing the light covers
-Deep cleaning the plastic trim around the bottom of the car and wheel arches.

The coating application covers:

-CQuartz Finest Reserve on all the painted surfaces IR cured for maximum hardness and gloss.
-CQuartz Finest Reserve on all the wheels and calipers.
-FlyByForte glass coating on all exterior glass.
-Car Pro Dlux trim coating on the plastic trim around the car, prevents plastic from fading or looking old.

So the total on the exterior is $2500 and itā€™ll take 3-5 days depending on condition.
We have the option of doing the interior with CQuartz Leather and Fabric if you like for an additional $500 and that includes the prep work of a full interior detail.

-

If you are looking to prevent rock chips we also offer Stek DYNOshield Paint Protection Film, our front end package covers:

-Full Hood
-Full Fenders
-Full Front Bumper
-Headlights
-Fog Lights
-Mirrors
-Door cups

This is $2995 installed with all edges possible wrapped and includes the coating application on the film as well. Like your paint, coating the Stek DYNOshield Paint Protection Film will make your film easy to maintain. For gloss installation and prefer Stek DYNOshield Paint Protection Film for superior gloss, minimal orange peel, and less film defects than other glossy films. For Satin/Matte we prefer XPEL Stealth.

Add 4 Doors is $1600
Adding Both Quarters is $800

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

ItemCost
Front End - Paint Protection Film$2,995.00
CQuartz Finest Reserve$2,500.00
Honestly? I'm more confused than ever. The price differences, the type of PPF/ceramic differences, which does what, etc...

I just want whatever is the best quality and lasts the longest. I'd rather pay more for durability and duration. Seems like a lot of varied opinions on what that is. :(

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly? I'm more confused than ever. The price differences, the type of PPF/ceramic differences, which does what, etc...

I just want whatever is the best quality and lasts the longest. I'd rather pay more for durability and duration. Seems like a lot of varied opinions on what that is. :(
Paint Protection Films (PPF) are generally a thick material laid over top of the paint, which are resistant to scratches and have self healing, semi-hydrophobic qualities. If factory paint has a softness rating on a 1-10 scale (10 being a diamond and 1 being a Bronco Sport owner), it would be a 4. Vinyl might make that a 5-6. PPF would be a 6-7.

Ceramic coating is an additional protective layer, which would likely add 1-2 points. So you could Ceramic Coat over a PPF and get the benefits of both, potentially around a 7-8 'hardness' or scratch resistance.

Big heavy and sharp stuff is still going to penetrate the film, but the result will be less damage overall, so easier to touch up and re-wrap that panel.

Different films are made by different companies and vary in quality and cost. Also, the shops that install it need to add in labor, which could vary greatly depending on their level of detail. Some shops will take apart every panel so there's no visible or exposed seams between them. Others will just cut near the panel seams and call it a day to save time.

You'll get what you pay for with this stuff. It's best to trust reviews online and search out the companies with the most satisfied customers.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What place in Bay Area are you using to install for you?
I'm going with SS Customs, they did my Challenger and it came out perfect. Let them know Frank G "the Bronco Guy" sent you :)

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Paint Protection Films (PPF) are generally a thick material laid over top of the paint, which are resistant to scratches and have self healing, semi-hydrophobic qualities. If factory paint has a softness rating on a 1-10 scale (10 being a diamond and 1 being a Bronco Sport owner), it would be a 4. Vinyl might make that a 5-6. PPF would be a 6-7.

Ceramic coating is an additional protective layer, which would likely add 1-2 points. So you could Ceramic Coat over a PPF and get the benefits of both, potentially around a 7-8 'hardness' or scratch resistance.

Big heavy and sharp stuff is still going to penetrate the film, but the result will be less damage overall, so easier to touch up and re-wrap that panel.

Different films are made by different companies and vary in quality and cost. Also, the shops that install it need to add in labor, which could vary greatly depending on their level of detail. Some shops will take apart every panel so there's no visible or exposed seams between them. Others will just cut near the panel seams and call it a day to save time.

You'll get what you pay for with this stuff. It's best to trust reviews online and search out the companies with the most satisfied customers.
I'm going with SS Customs, they did my Challenger and it came out perfect. Let them know Frank G "the Bronco Guy" sent you :)
This is incredibly helpful. Thank for taking the time.

As a fellow Bay Area resident, I hope you get commission, because it seems like I'll go your route.

Sponsored

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is incredibly helpful. Thank for taking the time.

As a fellow Bay Area resident, I hope you get commission, because it seems like I'll go your route.
Yeah, it'll benefit me a little bit. But more importantly, you'll be happy with the work they do. Ask for Shareef, he's the owner, and we have been talking about this Bronco build for a while now. It's scheduled to be done the second week of August, so if you want to come check it out, we'll link up.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can't see it, and it make the Bronco absolutely shine. Dirt, rocks, branches stand no chance. I highly recommend it.
Hmmmm Iā€™m thinking I may go this route seeing Iā€™ll probably have one hella time trying to color match cyber orange in Hawaiā€™i šŸ¤£ and Iā€™m guessing this would be good protection against the intense equatorial sun?

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this.
Although I feel ceramic coating will not add like 1-2, more along 0.5-1 IME. Great thing about PPF is that letting the car sit in the sun or taking a heat gun to it will ā€œhealā€ surface scratches and take off etched in bird poo

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome. They did the MIC top too? Sorry hard to tell.

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know a guy in Lantana (near Dallas) who does amazing work wrapping cars. Itā€™s Clear Bra North Dallas. 940-600-1308.
Thanks! Iā€™ll look into them.
Sponsored