First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great, make sure around the 5-year Mark you get it redone. After that the film even with ceramic coating will yellow, and it'll be much harder to take off the vehicle to replace.
Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Our bronco is currently protected 360° by the dealer. In their showroom! Waiting for our second one to arrive which should have been there before the 1st! Had a first edition but downgraded to the Badlands. That way we could use my dad's employee discount! I do love that first edition though!!!

Ford Bronco Full PPF wrapped my entire Bronco First Edition ! IMG_20210715_200700

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great!!
My original plan was to do a ceramic coating, I am the worst car washer ever and I feel like my vehicle needs some level of protection from whatever dirty mit/drive through car wash I throw at it.
Can someone shed a little more light on what would be the better Option for paint protection and why?

Sponsored

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks great!!
My original plan was to do a ceramic coating, I am the worst car washer ever and I feel like my vehicle needs some level of protection from whatever dirty mit/drive through car wash I throw at it.
Can someone shed a little more light on what would be the better Option for paint protection and why?
I explained a bit about the levels of protection a few posts back. Might be helpful!

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I explained a bit about the levels of protection a few posts back. Might be helpful!
Thank you! I did see that and it was helpful! I guess my lingering questions are
-Aesthetically, it kind of seems like the PPF *looks* thicker, like you might be able to tell there's a layer on it. I want my car to just look like a super shiny, polished version of itself. If you put a car with PPF next to a car with ceramic coating side by side, could you tell a difference?

-As it ages is there one that ages more gracefully, or is easier to update/remove?

-If I *were* to take my car through a drive through wash, would both be equally protective? Or would the ceramic not be enough protection?

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s great info, you learn something new everyday! I absolutely want the full UV protection for a cooler cabin so I’m calling this afternoon to update my tint order for the lightest UV blocking for the rest of the windows.

Thanks @fronc
also request ceramic tint. Regular film blocks some heat but ceramic blocks so much more! On a side note I would definitely have the film installed by a shop you check out instead of having it installed at the dealer. I’ve seen so many hack tint jobs come out of dealers. This way you can trust the shop that does it, you can check the reviews and also you know what kind/ brand of film they use. Films are not created equal.

Link1016

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badland & 2017 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wrap looks great and I totally understand applying it to any nice car except the Bronco. Aren’t all the body panels bolt on? Assuming I’m running without doors, if anything gets scratched or dented, I’ll just order a new OEM paint matched panel or replacement that I’m sure will be available on the aftermarket. Seems to me that $7K+ would buy a couple new sets at least. That and trail armor should keep my Bronco looking good for a long time.

Sponsored

BroncoJAG

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know a guy in Lantana (near Dallas) who does amazing work wrapping cars. It’s Clear Bra North Dallas. 940-600-1308.
Thanks for this reference. I live in Argyle and will be visiting this place whenever my Bronco is delivered.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am a little confessed did this guy wrap his FE a different color or he just pay 4k for a clear wrap I can't tell.