First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get that, but if said tree branch hits it hard enough you're fixing a dent and repainting anyway. I can repaint a lot of panels for $4k. I'm sure for some people they can justify it, I'm just having a hard time doing it. My Bronco doesn't belong on the trail if I'm that worried about minor scratches.
yeah but the paint is never going to match, nor be as durable as the factory paint. If you have PPF on your bronco when something dents it, chances are youll be able to get it removed with PDR and youll never have to repaint it since the PPF would protect the paint from getting scratched.

PPF is mainly for the people who want to protect against rock chips on the highway and things like tree branch scratches on a trail. its not going to work any miracles in a serious accident.

if you dont see the value in it, dont buy it. its something ive regretted not getting every single time ive purchased a new car. no one wants to break the factory paint job and re paint a 1 year old car after 1 northeast winter season
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That matte black trend has been dying off. I feel like you'd regret it in a year or 2.
Ive been a matte black guy since 1986. I grew up in car modding and hot rods. Matte black is as classic as it gets for me. But I no longer have to repaint the car.

Last edited:

richmunkz

Wildtrak
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mind saying how much heā€™s charging you for your bronco wrap? Iā€™m thinking of going go third coast customs in Atlanta .
I will second those that said quality matters with the installer you choose. It is worth the extra money. Definitely check reviews on any installer you consider. Ceramic coating before and after.

Heads up for anybody in the Southeast I will be using Derrick at Atlanta Protective Films:
https://atlantaprotectivefilms.com/

Derek Johnson is the BEST installer in GA, hands down. My friends and I have been using him for over 15 years.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks man! About the horses. They are wild Mustangs that literally just roam the area. Sometimes you'll see 5 or 6 in a group together walking down the middle of the street. There a ton of them in the hills around us. The county tries to keep them up in the hills and out of the neighborhood, but the horses can be adamant. lol
I've seen those wild horses many times in NV. My sister lives outside Tahoe on NV side. They just cruise around wherever they wnt.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah but the paint is never going to match, nor be as durable as the factory paint. If you have PPF on your bronco when something dents it, chances are youll be able to get it removed with PDR and youll never have to repaint it since the PPF would protect the paint from getting scratched.

PPF is mainly for the people who want to protect against rock chips on the highway and things like tree branch scratches on a trail. its not going to work any miracles in a serious accident.

if you dont see the value in it, dont buy it. its something ive regretted not getting every single time ive purchased a new car. no one wants to break the factory paint job and re paint a 1 year old car after 1 northeast winter season
Sorry but that's hog wash. You can have pros repaint all the body panels on the vehicle so they match for less than $4K. A proper professional paint job is better than factory, factory paint jobs are normally pretty mediocre with inconsistent paint thickness across the body.

Using PPF on areas of the front that face high rock chip odds makes sense on sports cars (I have it on mine). But putting clear bra on an entire off-road truck is crazy to me. However, to each their own and if it makes you happy go for it.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4K can cover a lot of car washes

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is in my neighborā€™s front yard. Lol
I canā€™t wait to get a picture of the Bronco, my 500, and these wild horses together.
9025275E-57EE-40D9-95D8-B5BFFD15394C.jpeg
Man I was shorted. All I have is friggin rabbits.

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I was shorted. All I have is friggin rabbits.
Yeah, we definitely have plenty of them. Oh, and black bears too. Came face to face with one on the evening of July 4th at a friends house. Luckily the bear scared me more than my daughter and I scared it. It just turned and gingerly walked into the dark of night. lol

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those horses are cool, but man, as a homeowner there, that would get old fast

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How does it look over the tailgate Bronco emblem?

Ken87BroncoII

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Crew
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OK, so I asked earlier about wrapping the MIC top (white?) and the general consensus at B6G was that it wasn't possible without a lot of prep work, such as sanding, grinding, etc. I wouldn't want to do any such thing to my MIC top, so I stopped thinking about it. However, last night I spotted an Outer Banks at a local dealer (Rt. 23 AutoMall, Butler, NJ), with a MIC top, and the top is as smooth as an egg shell. There was no perceivable texture to the surface. It's not as smooth as paint on a fender, but it's certainly not textured like a Jeep top either. Actually, the keys on my Dell keyboard that I'm using to type this note have about the same texture. For all intents and purposes, it's smooth, and it seemed smooth enough to me that you could apply a heavy mil plastic to it without any crazy prep work. So, I'm looking for a second opinion here on wrapping the MIC top.

Have any of you here, with knowledge of applying wraps, actually seen and put your hands on a MIC top, and do you believe it could be wrapped, without requiring irreversible prep work?

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been researching PPF too. Just noticed that Xpel now has pre-cut film for the Broncos. I wouldn't get the top, bumpers, or grill done. Basically the painted surfaces. Plus something for the door sil. The Bronco ones don't look like they are big enough.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone considered wrapping the MIC top either clear or gloss black? Iā€™m curious as to whether itā€™s possible and viable.
Sponsored