First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, so I asked earlier about wrapping the MIC top (white?) and the general consensus at B6G was that it wasn't possible without a lot of prep work, such as sanding, grinding, etc. I wouldn't want to do any such thing to my MIC top, so I stopped thinking about it. However, last night I spotted an Outer Banks at a local dealer (Rt. 23 AutoMall, Butler, NJ), with a MIC top, and the top is as smooth as an egg shell. There was no perceivable texture to the surface. It's not as smooth as paint on a fender, but it's certainly not textured like a Jeep top either. Actually, the keys on my Dell keyboard that I'm using to type this note have about the same texture. For all intents and purposes, it's smooth, and it seemed smooth enough to me that you could apply a heavy mil plastic to it without any crazy prep work. So, I'm looking for a second opinion here on wrapping the MIC top.

Have any of you here, with knowledge of applying wraps, actually seen and put your hands on a MIC top, and do you believe it could be wrapped, without requiring irreversible prep work?
Any word on this? Wonder if that plastidip stuff would work as temporary solution? Or maybe raptor liner?
Sponsored

Ken87BroncoII

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Crew
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any word on this? Wonder if that plastidip stuff would work as temporary solution? Or maybe raptor liner?
No word from anyone with first-hand knowledge. I'll wait until I take delivery and then go to the local wrap guy here and see what they have to say. I did speak to the wrap shop and although they have not put their hands on a Bronco MIC top yet, they were not initially enthusiastic about being able to wrap it. Anything less than a "glass smooth" finish, such as painted automotive sheet metal, and it just won't adhere well.

You could probably Rhino-line it, but that adds weight and, in my opinion, looks like poo.

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking into doing this on mine too. Till Xpel here in Dallas quoted me the price for a PPF full vehicle wrap....$7,495 ($600 less for softops).

Dang near fell out of my chair.

May do a partial front end, but thats still a whopping $1,500.
Who in Dallas did you get the quote from? I was thinking about using NTX Clear Bra in Plano.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but that's hog wash. You can have pros repaint all the body panels on the vehicle so they match for less than $4K. A proper professional paint job is better than factory, factory paint jobs are normally pretty mediocre with inconsistent paint thickness across the body.

Using PPF on areas of the front that face high rock chip odds makes sense on sports cars (I have it on mine). But putting clear bra on an entire off-road truck is crazy to me. However, to each their own and if it makes you happy go for it.
Yeah...I don't get it, at all. I'll take the scratches and re-paint at that price. $4k for PPF is an insane price for what you get...when you can re-paint when you want to for the same and have a great paint job.

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's the PPF that they offer though the factory? it's only $300

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the PPF that they offer though the factory? it's only $300
I believe it's for a small strip along the leading edge of the hood and the front of the fenders.

raynaldo

Badlands
First Name
raynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking into doing this on mine too. Till Xpel here in Dallas quoted me the price for a PPF full vehicle wrap....$7,495 ($600 less for softops).

Dang near fell out of my chair.

May do a partial front end, but thats still a whopping $1,500.
Which company quoted you that price?

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! My 2 door has it's appointment on the 1st for the same Xpel Ultimate. Having full body minus grill and MIC top done, ceramic coated, and front windows ceramic tinted to match rears. The quote for the whole package was $3700 which is in line with yours considering I have 2 fewer doors. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New to these body treatment technologies. What's difference between ceramic and PFF in terms of protection? Want to get something on mine as soon as it delivers but not sure what to do. Plan on getting the thing off road a bit (couple times a year) so want some level of protection from nature. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going with SS Customs, they did my Challenger and it came out perfect. Let them know Frank G "the Bronco Guy" sent you :)
It's been a while but would you still recommend SSCustoms? Just got my bronc

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's been a while but would you still recommend SSCustoms? Just got my bronc
Yup! Ask for Shareef and let him know Fronco Bronco sent you. They do excellent work and will talk you through your options. I've been extremely happy with the Avery Dennison Supreme Defense.

And congrats on your Bronco!!

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs