Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, make the recommended changes and ignore everything "F OR D" is saying that it doesn't work.

It indeed does. I tested it with various audio test tones. There's also video evidence that has been uploaded here.
I forscanned it before I added a key and I would say it was slightly better at best. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it.

After the key install there is no difference. Tried it stock and with the change. I did leave the change on because I didn't see a reason not to at that point.

There are a ton of other people that had the same experience. IMO if you have a forscan play around and see what you like. What I will tell you is it isn't night and day, and not something that is going to fix the issue.
Sponsored

Jlwson29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One other thing I did differently from the recommended installation, is I flipped the sound bar upside down, so that it's on top of the mounting bar. It just fits under the roof that way, and does not in any way obscure the driver's vision out the rear window. Yes - I'm sure the sound quality is slightly compromised - but not enough for me to really care or notice.
Do you have a pic of that?

Buc N Bronco

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Broncos Sport,2000 Jeep TJ,Mustang pro stteet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well , Iā€™ve read a lot about rear speaker
Being lack luster
( they suck)
Speaker is low quality and canā€™t handle bass well
Thatā€™s why Ford underpowered them
They should have put larger better quality speakers in the rear
My initial thoughts Ford purposely set the head unit that way

seen lots of ways to try to get more out of rear channels
Read about JBL sound bar
The unit doesnā€™t impress me

But the business of flashing the ACM module got my attention
Another member (Flip) mentioned it

Asked my selling dealerā€™s service writer about
He looked at me like I was nuts
Told me to take it to a stereo shop
WTF!!

Tried a different dealer (closer to me)
Which I didnā€™t buy from (horrible sales mgr)
Talked to there service writer
Explained what I wanted to do
He told me they put in several of the JBL sound bars @$1000
And customers werenā€™t happy with them
But I said I just wanted him to flash the ACM module
He said ok letā€™s see what it does

Had it done this morning
And
Wow! Iā€™ve actually have full power to rear speakers!!

No you canā€™t crank them up over 15-16 on volume

But thatā€™s all about to get changed
Now with full signal Iā€™ll run my Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp
Replace all speakers (Rockford Fosgate)
And run my powered sub

Best part he didnā€™t charge me!!
Said it was an experiment
And works
Told him Iā€™ll be back for my vehicles maintenance

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wonder if this would work for a 2022ā€¦ and if the local dealer would do it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well , Iā€™ve read a lot about rear speaker
Being lack luster
( they suck)
Speaker is low quality and canā€™t handle bass well
Thatā€™s why Ford underpowered them
They should have put larger better quality speakers in the rear
My initial thoughts Ford purposely set the head unit that way

seen lots of ways to try to get more out of rear channels
Read about JBL sound bar
The unit doesnā€™t impress me

But the business of flashing the ACM module got my attention
Another member (Flip) mentioned it

Asked my selling dealerā€™s service writer about
He looked at me like I was nuts
Told me to take it to a stereo shop
WTF!!

Tried a different dealer (closer to me)
Which I didnā€™t buy from (horrible sales mgr)
Talked to there service writer
Explained what I wanted to do
He told me they put in several of the JBL sound bars @$1000
And customers werenā€™t happy with them
But I said I just wanted him to flash the ACM module
He said ok letā€™s see what it does

Had it done this morning
And
Wow! Iā€™ve actually have full power to rear speakers!!

No you canā€™t crank them up over 15-16 on volume

But thatā€™s all about to get changed
Now with full signal Iā€™ll run my Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp
Replace all speakers (Rockford Fosgate)
And run my powered sub

Best part he didnā€™t charge me!!
Said it was an experiment
And works
Told him Iā€™ll be back for my vehicles maintenance
I thought it was established that you can't flash for the sound bar unless you actually install the sound bar... Something about the process pairing up or something.

Did they have one just lying around that they used or something?

What the group of people that have worked on this, I'm surprised if flashing fixes it, the people haven't figured out how to hack it.

Sponsored

Buc N Bronco

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Broncos Sport,2000 Jeep TJ,Mustang pro stteet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, mine is a 22 basequatch. Standard radio
From what Iā€™ve heard wonā€™t work on the B&O system

and no I didnā€™t have anything but the stock
Crappy speakers

told the writer I was adding a sub in rear and needed full signal to rear

All I know is it HAS WAY BETTER SOUND NOW!

Speakers are still junk, you ainā€™t gonna crank it up without distortion
Anything over 15-16 on volume theyā€™ll crackle

Before flash I couldnā€™t even hear the rear speakers
Now I actually have separation of front and rear

I donā€™t know what otherā€™s have experienced
All I know is Iā€™m extremely happy with the results !

like I mentioned earlier Iā€™m changing all speakers and adding 2 amps and a sub

My biggest issue was not having full signal in rear. Which is needed for my 4 channel amp
I now will still have front/ rear balance
And a full signal to power sub/ from rear channel. Instead of tapping front

I wonā€™t know results till I get several days good weather to rip things apart
I live in the north/still freeze your ass off weather
And have to work outside
Garage is full/Bronco too tall to clear door
Iā€™ll post results/ when completed

Jhlebica18

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 F350 Tremor, 2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have a question for all you that are familiar with forscan. I have read multiple threads. I want to do 6.5 rear pods so I want full range on a my23 obx. So what Iā€™m seeing here is to change line 1 to 3800 for the first box. Iā€™ve seen on other threads with the 23 6 speaker system having lost the sub and amp. To get the amp from the fusion and get a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub to go in the factory enclosure. In that thread is says to right line one box 2 to 16F1 to turn power on for the amp. So if I write 727-01-01 3800 16F1 xxxx it will give rear pods the full range and have the amp turn on if I am understanding this correctly. Thanks for the help

Btilly7

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called my service department and the advisor I spoke to had zero clue about flashing for sound bar. Maybe heā€™s playing stupid because they want you to buy the sound bar? Iā€™ll try another local dealership
wcmaness

I had the soundbar installed at the dealer and they said they flashed it but it still sounds like a tin can, zero lows, did the dealership miss something?

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
wcmaness

I had the soundbar installed at the dealer and they said they flashed it but it still sounds like a tin can, zero lows, did the dealership miss something?
I never did get it flashed. I tapped a LOC into front speakers and now have the rollbar speakers and additional pair of 6.5ā€ speakers in the rear on an amplifier. Also added powered sub to tailgate. Full front fade on the head unit, I adjusted output on LOC to get just a little rear bias

Shawnj73

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stupid comes in all shapes and forms, Iā€™d say you know little about audio performance! lol
The B&O Bronco system is Garbage, period! I am also one of the suckers that purchased it. The worst stock sound system I have ever had in a new vehicle dating all the way back to my 89 5.0. More recently, I thought our Tesla S sound system lacked luster for the price of the ride., The Bronco is a ride that could cost north of 60K, and yes, I get it is a noisy off-roading ride, but for the money you pay I would expect a better system than what is in the Bronco. Ford could have added a door speaker and tweeter to the front doors to set up a better sound stage.. I am tired of Ford people saying this was because the doors are removable. Please, the doors already have a quick disconnect connector for the windows and locks, Ford could have easily added a few pins to the connector for speaker wires for door speakers and have the DSP default to dash speakers when doors were removed. It would have added maybe 5lbs to the front doors. Just Fords way of saving production money, If you want to see cheap macifacturing, remove a door panel, or look at the top. This vehicle was albout the lowst cost to manufacture. Shame on Ford. I do like ours so far, however there were a lot of corners cut to produce these vehicle, and the sound system was one. I can honestly say that the tech in this vehicle does not warrant people paying 60K for a loaded Bronco. So to sum up what I am saying, if this system sounds good to you, that is awesome, however I would probably recommend a hearing check up, you may have some tone deafness starting.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The B&O Bronco system is Garbage, period! I am also one of the suckers that purchased it. The worst stock sound system I have ever had in a new vehicle dating all the way back to my 89 5.0. More recently, I thought our Tesla S sound system lacked luster for the price of the ride., The Bronco is a ride that could cost north of 60K, and yes, I get it is a noisy off-roading ride, but for the money you pay I would expect a better system than what is in the Bronco. Ford could have added a door speaker and tweeter to the front doors to set up a better sound stage.. I am tired of Ford people saying this was because the doors are removable. Please, the doors already have a quick disconnect connector for the windows and locks, Ford could have easily added a few pins to the connector for speaker wires for door speakers and have the DSP default to dash speakers when doors were removed. It would have added maybe 5lbs to the front doors. Just Fords way of saving production money, If you want to see cheap macifacturing, remove a door panel, or look at the top. This vehicle was albout the lowst cost to manufacture. Shame on Ford. I do like ours so far, however there were a lot of corners cut to produce these vehicle, and the sound system was one. I can honestly say that the tech in this vehicle does not warrant people paying 60K for a loaded Bronco. So to sum up what I am saying, if this system sounds good to you, that is awesome, however I would probably recommend a hearing check up, you may have some tone deafness starting.
I keep repeating myself, but at the end of the day itā€™s a $30k vehicle that does not have $40k worth of upgrades for the higher trim packages (interior wise). If I was gonna spend $70k+ on a vehicle, it wouldnā€™t be a Bronco.

My wifeā€™s Ranger Lariat has a B&O system and it kicks for a stock stereo compared to the Bronco version. Super happy with that purchase - but, again only $35k.

Last edited:

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the car companies charge for ā€œupgradedā€ components. My MB has the Burmester audio that cost $5kā€¦it does sound very good.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my Bronco back from the body shop, Iā€™ve been driving a Taco TRD Sport for the last 8 weeksā€¦man did I miss my B&O sound system, what a night and day difference I guess itā€™s all perspective! lol

Shawnj73

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got my Bronco back from the body shop, Iā€™ve been driving a Taco TRD Sport for the last 8 weeksā€¦man did I miss my B&O sound system, what a night and day difference I guess itā€™s all perspective! lol
I must agree with you on Toyota's... Toyota has not figured out sound/tech period. However, a Takoma TRD is 40K, and they do not charge $1,500 for their upgraded sound system either.

Me personally, If I had it all to do over, I would buy the cheapest non Sausquash package I could buy, with front and rear lockers. Everything else I would do myself. I would have added my own sound system. Not over the top, but clean. I would have traded all my GOAT modes, for a much more capable rig setting on 37'" Ridgegapplers, rolling on a long travel kit from Baja Kits, finished with a beautiful set of King coilovers. If that was not enough, I would upgrade the interior, and get a nice set of custom leather Katzkin seat covers and dynomat the entire rig. A person with some tools and little know how could do all of the listed upgrades cheaper than a fully loaded Wildtrac. At the end, you would have custom ride that outperforms the stock Bronco for around the same price. Just my opinion.

Getting back on topic, I still cannot see how anyone could honestly like the B&O system. It is garbage. Save your money, do it yourself, and I believe that 99% of Bronco owners will be much happier with the sound quality. B&O system is garbage period, and the soundstage design is awful in the Bronco no matter what package you have. Take it from someone who knows, because I feel dumb that I bought into all of Fords sales hype, paid for it, and now slowly getting rid of it all. PS: this is not a good vehicle to have if sound is your highest priority. šŸ˜‰

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must agree with you on Toyota's... Toyota has not figured out sound/tech period. However, a Takoma TRD is 40K, and they do not charge $1,500 for their upgraded sound system either.

Me personally, If I had it all to do over, I would buy the cheapest non Sausquash package I could buy, with front and rear lockers. Everything else I would do myself. I would have added my own sound system. Not over the top, but clean. I would have traded all my GOAT modes, for a much more capable rig setting on 37'" Ridgegapplers, rolling on a long travel kit from Baja Kits, finished with a beautiful set of King coilovers. If that was not enough, I would upgrade the interior, and get a nice set of custom leather Katzkin seat covers and dynomat the entire rig. A person with some tools and little know how could do all of the listed upgrades cheaper than a fully loaded Wildtrac. At the end, you would have custom ride that outperforms the stock Bronco for around the same price. Just my opinion.

Getting back on topic, I still cannot see how anyone could honestly like the B&O system. It is garbage. Save your money, do it yourself, and I believe that 99% of Bronco owners will be much happier with the sound quality. B&O system is garbage period, and the soundstage design is awful in the Bronco no matter what package you have. Take it from someone who knows, because I feel dumb that I bought into all of Fords sales hype, paid for it, and now slowly getting rid of it all. PS: this is not a good vehicle to have if sound is your highest priority. šŸ˜‰
I don't want to sound like a dick, but I did spend a good amount of time as an audio engineer and set my tone/balance and love it. I agree that it's not the end all, be all system, but the sound is definitely full.
I have an Alpine 5 Channel amp and 8" JL sub ready to go when I feel the urge, it's just the urge hasn't happened yet, over 2 years and counting! lol
Quality of sound has very little to do with volume, but you will know the quality when turned up...
Sponsored