First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
had an 88 Bronco II …..hoping the new one is slightly bigger, I'll buy the "Raptor" version if I have to ….. jmho ;)

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yet, this still doesn't stop me from wanting a FSB or from talking about the possibilities of where it could fit into the lineup...
I always wondered why the FS Blazers and FS Broncos went away. I loved my FSBs, they were perfect for so much of what I did. While my EBs were/are my favorites, there was more "utility" in the FSBs - for me. If I could only have one vehicle, an independent suspension 4x4 Diesel FSB would be the perfect thing. I don't think they're ever going to build that, though.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always wondered why the FS Blazers and FS Broncos went away. . .
Trucks of all kinds were getting more doors. Pickups, SUVs, vans -- doors, doors, doors! Which is odd, because the family size has been decreasing for decades in the US.

Maybe it's another form of conspicuous consumption. I often wonder the same thing about why so many SUVs and crossovers have three rows of seating now instead of cargo space. How often do these people really need to bus 6-8 people around, compared to some furniture / groceries / hardware / dog?

I know plenty of people who were trucked around in the seatless back end of a SUV, van or pickup, and most of them aren't brain damaged by the experience. :crazy:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I always wondered why the FS Blazers and FS Broncos went away. I loved my FSBs, they were perfect for so much of what I did. While my EBs were/are my favorites, there was more "utility" in the FSBs - for me. If I could only have one vehicle, an independent suspension 4x4 Diesel FSB would be the perfect thing. I don't think they're ever going to build that, though.
Because 2 door versions of basically everything have gone away. The Bronco became the 4 door Expedition, the K5 Blazer became the Tahoe, which quickly lost its 2 door version. Same reason we don't have 2 door sidekicks, rav4s, cr-vs, g-wagons, 4runners, monteros. Unfortunately 2 door vehicles just don't seem to sell well compared to 4 door, if I remember correctly the wrangler unlimited outsells the 2 door by about 2:1. That's one of the reasons the new Bronco is so interesting, a 2 door SUV is a rarity nowadays.

Diesel is a tough ask in North America (I think basically only Land Rover is selling diesel SUVs here right now, maybe Jeep soon), but if you want a vehicle that's the size of a FSB with off road ability and don't mind independent suspension, there are a few out there. They just all have 4 doors.

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Must 2 door suv's have went away because and over whelming amount of people where buy 4 doors. For the auto makers just building one version means higher profit

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh, I know why the manufacturers stopped producing them. From my perspective, I just don't understand why people stopped buying them. But I don't have seven kids and I use my machines off-road, so there's that. I'm probably in the minority on both counts.

Truth is, most families would be better served in a traditional minivan. We all know the percentage of Wranglers that see anything more challenging than a speedbump in the mall parking lot is very small, you could probably cut that in half or better for Expeditions, Yukons, Explorers and the like. But minivans have an image problem, and SUVs have a rugged, positive image. People pay all kinds of money for things that are stong on image and weak on substance - Harley-Davidsons come to mind most prominently.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would a 2-door Expedition work? That is the model that replaced the FSB when people decided they needed their SUVs to be able to transport a busload of people.

The Expedition has a fairly good tow rating in its current form, and that was one of the features you were looking for. It also has independent suspension for smooth road handling.
If I could get it with removable top/doors, taller ride height, and a bit more squared-off profile, then sure! Don't forsee Ford ever offering that on anything but the Bronco, though

I'm not dead set on IFS or live-axle... My current daily is more uncomfortable than just about any car I've ever driven (currently driving it on super stiff coilovers with blown shocks and seized collars due to sitting unused for 4 years... also has no A/C, no power steering, and a stripped interior) so the bit of comfort compromise of a live axle wouldn't bother me, but I likely wouldn't utilize the benefits of it enough to demand one.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it would be cool for them to make full size as well as a midsize but you are definitely wrong about the majority wanting a full size Bronco. Also, they aren't making the same old crap. If you have been keeping up it's pretty clear they are making the Bronco what it originally was for. Competing with Jeep. A more civil but capable vehicle. The Bronco is going to be designed with off-roading as the focal point. I'm not sure why you think otherwise. This is exactly what most of us have wanted for years.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the case at all. It's really the opposite. Also, it's not a small Bronco we want it's a midsize. The midsize isn't going to be much smaller then a full size but the few inches will make it more capable off-road and easier to maneuver.

Most of us want a capable, trial ready off-road Bronco. Not a full size short F150.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro you are way behind. That top picture is the Ranger based T6 frame rendering. Not a full size. That bottom picture was the first depiction of the "Baby Bronco" small Bronco.

Here is a newer depiction of both. You can't tell much but the Baby Bronco is on the right and midsize Bronco is on the left. Very different statures.
Ford-Bronco-and-Baby-Bronco-1000x325@2x.jpg

This is what the Baby Bronco is actually going to look like. It was revealed to dealers earlier this year and this was the leaked photos
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored