Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a dozen queues on that render that tell you its based on the midsize 2004 prototype and compact EB. Only the more aerodynamic rake of the windows would suggest the FSB. Unless you think it's rolling on 40s.

The one you dislike is the baby Bronco based on the Escape platform.

The third one is again based heavily on the EB and 2004 prototype.

You can bet a new midsize Bronco will be more capable than any FSB across the board, except for the fluid volume of the interior.
Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
Bro you are way behind. That top picture is the Ranger based T6 frame rendering. Not a full size. That bottom picture was the first depiction of the "Baby Bronco" small Bronco.

Here is a newer depiction of both. You can't tell much but the Baby Bronco is on the right and midsize Bronco is on the left. Very different statures.
Ford-Bronco-and-Baby-Bronco-1000x325@2x.jpg

This is what the Baby Bronco is actually going to look like. It was revealed to dealers earlier this year and this was the leaked photos
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
I don't know if people realize that the shadow in the back ground of the pic on the right of the dealer leaked baby Bronco is that of the tarp teaser mid size Bronco placed there for size comparison sake, the mid size doesn't seem to look that small to me...not too big and not too small, juuuuuuuuuust right. JMHO
2DR Rock Monster 5.0 for me...yeah, I know, I'll take it with the 2.7 if the 5.0 doesn't come to fruition, but I'm still holding on to faith that Ford realizes WE WANT THE 5.0 IN THE BRONCO!!!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I assume you possess some data to support this analysis?

Looks like you're wrong to me.

If the new Bronco were simply a 2019 Ranger with an enclosed back end, it would be bigger than 1st gen Bronco, bigger than Bronco II, yet smaller than F-150 based Broncos. But we don't know if the next-gen Ranger will get a size change, or if the Bronco body will even be dimensionally similar to the yet-unknown specifications of the upcoming Ranger. Ford has stated that Bronco will be mid-sized, and that is subject to interpretation. There's nothing else to go on at this point. Basing opinions of a new product on artwork drawn by dreamers who have never seen the product can lead to incorrect conclusions - assumptions based on assumptions. But this is the Internet, where anyone can display their knowledge.

And yes, I do like small trucks. Small, tough, powerful trucks. I have one, and if the new Bronco isn't my cup of tea, I'll spend the $40k I have earmarked for a new one on the '71 instead. And it will be good.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right now everything about the Bronco is conjecture maybe Ford will give us something soon :fingerscrossed:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean, I'm all for a FSB offering, but it's ridiculous to say that nobody wants a midsize... People who want to do more tight quarters offroading are going to be more attracted to the midsize, whereas people who want something to pull stumps, haul trailers, and carry the whole crew would be more attracted to a full size. It's all about preference and what suits your needs

Bro you are way behind. That top picture is the Ranger based T6 frame rendering. Not a full size. That bottom picture was the first depiction of the "Baby Bronco" small Bronco.

Here is a newer depiction of both. You can't tell much but the Baby Bronco is on the right and midsize Bronco is on the left. Very different statures.

This is what the Baby Bronco is actually going to look like. It was revealed to dealers earlier this year and this was the leaked photos
Seeing this picture reminded me... was talking to the wife yesterday about the Bronco like I always am, and I mentioned something about the "baby bronco", which piqued her interest... well, after showing her that picture, we've now pretty much decided that we'll be getting her a Baby Bronco to replace her Focus, and I'll be getting myself a big boy bronco to take over DD duty from the ZX2... so looks like we're about to become a Bronco family! lol

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh God...please just give me this!!

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please don’t... that literally just looks like an OJ Bronco.
Haha it does but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as its smaller then the FS Bronco. I do hope it has a more flat windshield and has the exact configurations as the tented teaser. Boxy and straight lines.

I don't know if people realize that the shadow in the back ground of the pic on the right of the dealer leaked baby Bronco is that of the tarp teaser mid size Bronco placed there for size comparison sake, the mid size doesn't seem to look that small to me...not too big and not too small, juuuuuuuuuust right. JMHO
Someone else said this as well when this leaked but I'm very skeptical of that claim as the shadow looks a lot more like the early Bronco 66 -77. For one the spare tire on the back is very skinny and there is a gap in the front fender and bumper like early Broncos. Then there is the fact that it appears to be only a few inches bigger then the Baby Bronco. I also hope the back doesn't go straight down without some angle. I don't know it just seems like a loose reference and I wouldn't put much stock into that shadow. I do agree though the midsize is the perfect size and again I hope it looks like what that tarp teaser is showing.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Please don’t... that literally just looks like an OJ Bronco.
haha! I like "an OJ Bronco"! Wish I could get one new! Kinda like a 70 Mach 1 new! But of coarse without the million dollar pricetag of the restored ones.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ll admit, in that thread, for those who expressed a preference, it was largely for a “full sized” Bronco. It counts as data in my book.

But what does that mean? A 1996-sized Bronco, or an 80-inch wide whopper based off the new F-series? To me, that’s just a cut-down Expedition. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, if it fits your needs.

IIRC, an early Bronco was ~69” wide, Bronco II ~68”, and a ‘96 around 76”. The current year Ranger is around 73” if memory serves, not far from what everyone remembers as a “full-sized” Bronco. Could be the perfect compromise.

While some would be happy with an enclosed F-150, I hope for something that tops a pickup with more capability off-road - everyone sells a pickup. If we’re lucky, Ford will hit it perfectly on size and offer an array of options from simple grocery getter to rock crawler. Jeep does a very good job of it, it’s just a bit too cozy inside for me even though I’m not a 6-footer.

For Ford to make it a success, Bronco MUST be at least competitive with Jeep off-road. That necessarily limits its girth. An 80” wide short bed won’t create the rabid following that Jeep enjoys, in my opinion. Will people buy a big Bronco? Sure. But they stopped making them for a reason, and meanwhile Jeep has powered on as the only viable small trail machine.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haha it does but that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as its smaller then the FS Bronco. I do hope it has a more flat windshield and has the exact configurations as the tented teaser. Boxy and straight lines.

Someone else said this as well when this leaked but I'm very skeptical of that claim as the shadow looks a lot more like the early Bronco 66 -77. For one the spare tire on the back is very skinny and there is a gap in the front fender and bumper like early Broncos. Then there is the fact that it appears to be only a few inches bigger then the Baby Bronco.
Spare tire: Yes, it does appear fairly narrow... however, you have to remember that the current Ranger only uses a 255 tire... who knows, maybe the Bronco will use an even narrower tire

Gap between fender and bumper: Early Broncos did not have that, at least not in the way depicted by the shadow. They had a small tubular-type front bumper that wasn't flush with the front end and was a lot thinner

Few inches bigger than baby bronco: Gotta remember, that's a 4 door baby Bronco next to what is likely a 2 door regular Bronco. FWIW, a Ranger is about 210" long, an escape is about 180" long. Assuming the baby will be a bit longer than the Escape, and a 2 door Bronco will be fairly significantly shorter than a Ranger, there's a chance that they could be fairly close in length, while being quite a bit taller

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spare tire: Yes, it does appear fairly narrow... however, you have to remember that the current Ranger only uses a 255 tire... who knows, maybe the Bronco will use an even narrower tire

Gap between fender and bumper: Early Broncos did not have that, at least not in the way depicted by the shadow. They had a small tubular-type front bumper that wasn't flush with the front end and was a lot thinner

Few inches bigger than baby bronco: Gotta remember, that's a 4 door baby Bronco next to what is likely a 2 door regular Bronco. FWIW, a Ranger is about 210" long, an escape is about 180" long. Assuming the baby will be a bit longer than the Escape, and a 2 door Bronco will be fairly significantly shorter than a Ranger, there's a chance that they could be fairly close in length, while being quite a bit taller
I mean I suppose but it sure does look skinny and I'd highly doubt they would give the Bronco a skinnier tire then the Ranger. I sure hope they don't.

The front end of this shadow looks much more like early Bronco that anything. Even the front end tapers like the early Bronco does, top and bottom. The front bumper definitely has a bit of a gap to it mainly because the bumper was flat, not a tube and didn't wrap around. The shadow still doesn't line up quite right thought so that's weird.

The Baby Bronco four door could definitely be as long as the two door midsize Bronco. That's true but I again this shadow just does not look right to me in any case.

Sponsored