Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco B971BD62-1CA4-4B50-989B-85B021854CB3

I know this topic has been discussed many times and is old but things just don’t add up for me. I have heard that this was a power train mule for the t6 and they just used the raptor body. Also power train for the tremor. But why go through such lengthy measures to cut down a Raptor. Also the plate on the front is usually used for skip pad testing for stability tests.
I will be buying my wife the regular Bronco (t6 based). However I just think there is a market that Ford is really missing on right now. I own a 14’ Raptor and love it, however my family keeps growing and we are outgrowing it. Why not a FSB in both two and four doors. Four door could easily be same wheelbase as a super crew Raptor. No manufactures make a large suv that is capable off road. Think Raptor Expedition but instead fitting in the Bronco family.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Bronco family takes off like I'm sure Ford is hoping it does, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a full size version down the road. Pure speculation right now though, and it wouldn't happen for a few years after the T6 Bronco came out.

I think a current 4Runner is larger than the FSB was, isn't it? But the 3rd row isn't an option on the TRD Pro models. I guess if 3 row seating is what you're after the only off-road capable SUV that comes to mind is the new Defender.

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco B971BD62-1CA4-4B50-989B-85B021854CB3

I know this topic has been is old but things just don’t add up for me. I have heard that this was a power train mule for the t6 and they just used the raptor body. Also power train for the tremor. But why go through such lengthy measures to cut down a Raptor. Also the plate on the front is usually used for skip pad testing for stability tests.
I will be buying my wife the regular Bronco (t6 based). However I just think there is a market that Ford is really missing on right now. I own a 14’ Raptor and love it, however my family keeps growing and we are outgrowing it. Why not a FSB in both two and four doors. Four door could easily be same wheelbase as a super crew Raptor. No manufactures make a large suv that is capable off road. Think Raptor Expedition but instead fitting in the Bronco family.
That is what I was hoping for but it's not looking that way right now. Maybe when they redesign it in 6 years or so we will get a bigger one.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
There would be too much overlap between the expedition FX4, F-150 raptor, and a full size Bronco. Don't think it will happen.

The problem is that if they were going to do it, they'd have to build a 2 door. And it wouldn't sell, so they'd build a 4-door. But a 4-door, F-150 based Bronco would be really really similar to a raptor. It's just not worth building a seperate assembly line etc.

OP
OP

Kpowledge

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There would be too much overlap between the expedition FX4, F-150 raptor, and a full size Bronco. Don't think it will happen.

The problem is that if they were going to do it, they'd have to build a 2 door. And it wouldn't sell, so they'd build a 4-door. But a 4-door, F-150 based Bronco would be really really similar to a raptor. It's just not worth building a seperate assembly line etc.
Mostly agree. I did see a Ford market segment diagram that was presented to dealers that showed size verse ruggedness. It showed that Ford is aware of a grey space that is not available and that it is a possible area for growth. They could drop the fx4 and be the base Bronco and have a raptor version. Think they would both sell. I know there are many that would love a capable SUV. Would not cut into F-150 Raptor sales either they sell every one manufactured and some dealers still ask over sticker.

Do agree that the two door would be a tough sell. As would a short Raptor, which is why I have such a hard time with this mule. None of it makes sense. Why the stability test plates on a shortened wheelbase f150. If it was just power train why not longer drive shafts in a normal f150. Maybe it has the gt500 drive train...does the wheelbase line up with the mustang lol. There was the TRX killer gt500 powered raptor rumor last summer.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kpowledge

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
:fingerscrossed:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem I see is it would cannibalize it's roommates the f-150 raptor and the expedition fx4, I understand that majority of its life span was as a full size but currently makes no sense it would cost more for a vehicle that would go against it's family members, plus what replaced the bronco was the expedition it's kinda point less. I am sorry but I don't think it would happen ever unless they do something with the expedition that would remove that threat but I doubt that

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would much rather see the return of the excursion, based on the f250. I've got 4 kids and my crazy wife is taking about #5. A giant 3rd row SUV that can easily pull a 35 foot rv? With the 6.7 or 7.3? Lifted on 37s? Yes please!

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would much rather see the return of the excursion, based on the f250. I've got 4 kids and my crazy wife is taking about #5. A giant 3rd row SUV that can easily pull a 35 foot rv? With the 6.7 or 7.3? Lifted on 37s? Yes please!
I like what your cooking, now that's something I would buy in heartbeat

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem I see is it would cannibalize it's roommates the f-150 raptor and the expedition fx4,...
It seems like the Expedition should admit how much of a road queen it is and make room for a new Excursion or Bronco. An FX4 package isn't going to butch up that suspension.

Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco 10

Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same for me! Ford would get a lot of money from me by offering that- I’d couple it with a two door Bronco (right now I’m leaning towards the four door). That combo would look nice in the driveway!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If y’all want to see what the future of the expedition holds, In the form of it’s competition, here’s a glimpse:

0A5DFA66-12DE-4BE8-A0F2-A507FC9E2521.jpeg
EFDB15D5-4C90-4453-8B4F-BCD737533E74.jpeg

Not really “bronco” but probably as off-road ready as you need for a school bus sized suv

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If y’all want to see what the future of the expedition holds, In the form of it’s competition, here’s a glimpse:

Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco EFDB15D5-4C90-4453-8B4F-BCD737533E74
Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco EFDB15D5-4C90-4453-8B4F-BCD737533E74

Not really “bronco” but probably as off-road ready as you need for a school bus sized suv
as someone who dearly loves the capability of our 2011 Expedition which took us to every state and Canada (excluding Hawaii but im sure with some proper preparation and $$$ it’s possible) with the only issues being a flat tire and a blown fuse.... The only reason why I would not be cross shopping with the Tahoe or expedition is price. The full-size suv market seems to be even worse off than the full size truck! They start at $50k.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't picture a need for another full size SUV without Ford cannibalizing sales of the Explorer or Expedition. If Ford controlled more market share, then yes, but current volumes don't make much sense to me.
I still think the Shorty Raptor was the test mule for the emoji. ;)
Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco Emoj

OP
OP

Kpowledge

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It seems like the Expedition should admit how much of a road queen it is and make room for a new Excursion or Bronco. An FX4 package isn't going to butch up that suspension.

Ford Bronco Full Size Bronco Emoj
This is the graphic I was talking about. If you go straight up from Bronco and baby Bronco nothing but opportunity.

As for saying that it would hurt f150 sales bs. Also saying that having a Bronco or raptor type body on frame large suv would kill the expedition or that it would compete with the fx4 also bs. Why does Ford make different trim levels on the f150 then...Becasue not everyone wants a Raptor or can afford one, but they also sell a ton of them. Nick P is right, GM sent a shot at Ford with the new at4 package. Ford knows this is untapped market and will fire back. To me it fits the strategic family approach that Ford is taking I.E. Bronco, Mustang, ect. Also don’t forget that Jeep is coming out with the wagoner, large body on frame suv. Ford is taking on Jeep as a brand not just the wrangler. If they were there would be no baby Bronco.
Sponsored