Sponsored

Full time 4wd transfer case aftermarket retrofit install?

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My BD 2 door has a vin number issued and is scheduled for mid December production. The problem is I accidentally chose the part time 4wd instead of the full time 4a.

It's there any way to economically add this 4a transfer case later after my truck is delivered?
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My BD 2 door has a vin number issued and is scheduled for mid December production. The problem is I accidentally chose the part time 4wd instead of the full time 4a.

It's there any way to economically add this 4a transfer case later after my truck is delivered?
No. Is it possible? Yes. Is it really expensive. Yes.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting the advanced transfer case was the number one reason I went with Sasquatch on my base.

I haven’t heard of anyone retrofitting, I imagine the programming, even with FORScan, would be a nightmare.

OP
OP

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like I might be out of luck on this one. I'm really kicking myself because it sounds like the 4a is really the way to go. Should have paid more attention when I put my order in.

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like I might be out of luck on this one. I'm really kicking myself because it sounds like the 4a is really the way to go. Should have paid more attention when I put my order in.
Fellow 2 door BD owner here. I don't want to start a flame war by getting into specifics but I bet you won't notice/miss it.

Also, I believe 4Auto has been a bigger constraint than people realize so you might still be waiting if you added it.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had my 2 door BD with the part time transfer case for a year now. Haven’t ever missed not having 4A.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huge fan of it going skiing up a 16 mile curvy road where the conditions can be dry to patchy black ice to snow packed. Used to be flipping 4hi on and off in my Xterra with this drive, now I just point and go. It has its place just depends on the use case.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huge fan of it going skiing up a 16 mile curvy road where the conditions can be dry to patchy black ice to snow packed. Used to be flipping 4hi on and off in my Xterra with this drive, now I just point and go. It has its place just depends on the use case.
100% agree here. Mountain roads with variable conditions during ski season is really where it shines.

OP
OP

Beeswax

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve had my 2 door BD with the part time transfer case for a year now. Haven’t ever missed not having 4A.
That's good to hear. Do you live in an area with lots of snow?

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got rhe advanced transfer case on my black. I almost missed it like you. Didn't realise I could until the hour before I left to order.

Just had it two weeks but in Canada I will appreciate having the 4a with variable road and weather conditions. You also get a lower low range and I believe better abs braking anti spin traction control.

That being said my two xterras were just part time and rhey rocked in the snow. Will it be nice ? Yes but you will be happy with the part time also.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got rhe advanced transfer case on my black. I almost missed it like you. Didn't realise I could until the hour before I left to order.

Just had it two weeks but in Canada I will appreciate having the 4a with variable road and weather conditions. You also get a lower low range and I believe better abs braking anti spin traction control.

That being said my two xterras were just part time and rhey rocked in the snow. Will it be nice ? Yes but you will be happy with the part time also.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Advance 4x4 is one of the biggest reasons I went with the Black Diamond. I would have gone Big Bend but you can't get Advance 4x4 without Sasquatch.

As far as the question I remember a member of the Gladiator forum attempted to add Selec-trac to his Gladiator. Selec-trac is essentially the same as Advance 4x4. He realized the cost would be astronomical. On top of the fact there was no guarantee it would actually work like it was supposed to.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fellow 2 door BD owner here. I don't want to start a flame war by getting into specifics but I bet you won't notice/miss it.

Also, I believe 4Auto has been a bigger constraint than people realize so you might still be waiting if you added it.
I skipped the 4a and haven’t thought twice about it since I took delivery. On the other hand I’m incredibly happy I opted for the rear locker on my OBX.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with other posters on here; 4A is more of a convenience thing, mostly useful in patchy conditions.
And less computerized crap to screw up :oops:
Sponsored