First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wireless Carplay is really bad on my bronco. It cuts off music all the time. They should work on fixing that as well.
Mine cuts out in the exact same areas I drive every day. I have an iPhones 14 with the new iOS. I think Apple’s the culprit.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I was on the phone with Ford OTA technical support again, which was useless, they tried to tell me that OTA updates are "VIN specific" which is not exactly true.

So I asked, if that is the case, then what version of the software is the latest version for my specific vehicle?

"I don't know and can't tell you that information" - so how would I know whether or not I have the correct software?, "we show that your vehicle has never received an OTA update" - strange, how do you explain the update from 1.7.1 to 1.9.0?

It was clear that the person who was on the end of the line had a canned script and nothing else. I honestly don't trust the dealer not to brick my Bronco either. I would almost rather brick it myself, but worse yet, is that I am sure that they are going to want to have my Bronco for weeks.

My local dealer wouldn't even look at my 2011 F-150 for 6 weeks, and that was not even a warranty job.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sitting here using my wifi system to watch the Bronco. It doesn't maintain persistent connection. I parked in the driveway around 130P and set my update schedules and whatnot. I'm hoping the more reliably connectivity makes a difference.

Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 1665442786355

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sitting here using my wifi system to watch the Bronco. It doesn't maintain persistent connection. I parked in the driveway around 130P and set my update schedules and whatnot. I'm hoping the more reliably connectivity makes a difference.

Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 1665442786355
Complete aside but Ubiquiti makes great gear, just wish it was easier to get ahold of!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complete aside but Ubiquiti makes great gear, just wish it was easier to get ahold of!
Yeah I want to complete the setup with integrated gateway, but my config right now is so solid I don't want to change anything. I've 80+ devices connected at any given time across four APs. Three of which are U6-Lite's the other is an in-wall model thats Wifi5 but 5Ghz only for my office for rock solid phone calls.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine cuts out in the exact same areas I drive every day. I have an iPhones 14 with the new iOS. I think Apple’s the culprit.
You're experiencing RF interference. Unless the antenna cabling on the Bronco is loose or something its highly unlikely its anyone's fault. I've noticed it happens when I go through my bank's drivethru. I pulled over and ran a Wifi scan to show that they were using the entire spectrum.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here's my situation: I got notified that PowerUp 3.5.2 was installed, but the vehicle shows 2.3.1. So I called the OTA team this morning and they ran the normal script but the guy I spoke to was intrigued that my history showed both a successful and not successful update in series as he had never seen that before. When he dug further, his system showed Ford had retracted that OTA update.

He did give me a nice list of things that other folks have already mentioned:

1) Car needs to be recently driven for at least 30 minutes to top off the 12V battery
2) Parking brake should be set
3) Helps to manually rotate the headlight switch from auto to off
4) Automatic updates should never be set for exactly 12
5) Disable automatic updates if you're trying to hit the update now button, then turn them back on if you want.

I'm just going to let it sit, and be sure to park within wifi range because I know cellular signal here is atrocious. I know enough about software development to know that the risk of bricking things is extremely high, some updates are cumulative, some are not. There will probably be a few times where you're on a version that has no automatic path forward and a dealer will have to blast an update in.

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes sense. I’ll try those steps. I DO park in range of my home Wi-Fi. Looking forward to the full screen though!

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds like a whole lotta BS to keep the customer busy. Can’t imagine software actually working like this, and if it does, Ford has got to be the most incompetent manufacturer in history. I suspect instead, it’s a staggered rollout and these are all the stupid things people have done while waiting for their update to get pushed, then thought it had something magical to do with it. The owners manual has a list of things you need to do to receive an update automatically. Most of these things are not on the list.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This sounds like a whole lotta BS to keep the customer busy. Can’t imagine software actually working like this, and if it does, Ford has got to be the most incompetent manufacturer in history. I suspect instead, it’s a staggered rollout and these are all the stupid things people have done while waiting for their update to get pushed, then thought it had something magical to do with it. The owners manual has a list of things you need to do to receive an update automatically. Most of these things are not on the list.

I was going to call back today and ask if I needed to chant while swinging a dead chicken over my head. WTF.

Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did this go anywhere for anyone? I still have not received an OTA update, and it's been about a week.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any more updates on the update???

Can someone who has gotten this, post time it happend and where it was parked and other details like park brake set?

My whip still shows old twin screen junk.

Hope this new fullscreen works with the MMB box!
How do I know when it happened? When I could use the full screen was when I posted. I removed my snowmobile shocks at a friend house. Maybe took an hour. Hopped back in to leave the the screen was different and had the climate tab. That’s when I went to CarPlay and noticed the arrows.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did this go anywhere for anyone? I still have not received an OTA update, and it's been about a week.
Nope. Only 2 folks on this thread have gotten it so far.

no way to tell when your update is scheduled or if you already missed your update window because you didn’t meet the parameters

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is most likely a rollout. When developers launch new software revisions, they ramp the percentage of users exposed to the new version to monitor for issues. This way, bugs can be found by testing with a smaller number of users, before rolling out fully to an entire population of Bronco drivers and exposing them to software issues.