BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is most likely a rollout. When developers launch new software revisions, they ramp the percentage of users exposed to the new version to monitor for issues. This way, bugs can be found by testing with a smaller number of users, before rolling out fully to an entire population of Bronco drivers and exposing them to software issues.
I wish we knew when to expect the rollout to hit us
Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is most likely a rollout. When developers launch new software revisions, they ramp the percentage of users exposed to the new version to monitor for issues. This way, bugs can be found by testing with a smaller number of users, before rolling out fully to an entire population of Bronco drivers and exposing them to software issues.
That’s not how the software cycle works in the professional world. Especially in automotive (see ISO-26262 for more details).

Phased rollouts (if that’s what this is) are often only for performance and streamlining resources such as network bandwidth and processing power.

Last edited:

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s not how the software cycle works in the professional world. Especially in automotive (see ISO-26262 for more details).

Phased rollouts (if that’s what this is) are often only for performance and streamlining resources such as network bandwidth and processing power.
Ok, you can tell my last three employers they've been rolling out mobile apps wrong :)

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, you can tell my last three employers they've been rolling out mobile apps wrong :)
They have been. And I’d be glad to explain how moronic that approach is.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So 2 days ago, my FE pulled an update while at a motel with no wifi....showed the download icon and an amazon alexas icon in upper right corner...hotspot password was also reset. Uncertain if the update included the fullscreen, it dont work with my car play MMB box yet. Gonna try an apple i-pad today and see.

Anyone have this update try it on android auto?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not free but there is a product that you can install that will allow full scrolling in CarPlay when in motion. I have installed it a while back

4D Tech
Can you tell us if the unit you installed also tricks the mirror lights to be able to stay on above 7 mph or the zone lighting available at speed?

I would buy it just for those features alone.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you tell us if the unit you installed also tricks the mirror lights to be able to stay on above 7 mph or the zone lighting available at speed?

I would buy it just for those features alone.
It has no effect on those features

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And still my Bronco thinks that 1.9.0 is the best and latest version of the software. ugh.
You may have to take it to a dealer or it what going on with some of the mach e were some people are stuck on certain update until Ford fixes it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You may have to take it to a dealer or it what going on with some of the mach e were some people are stuck on certain update until Ford fixes it.
I am probably going to force it myself (unless I have to have the front axle replaced under warranty, in which case, I will allow them to do it at the same time). I do have FDRS (but would have to pay $50 for the 2 day license to force the update - which is less hassle than dealing with just about any dealership).

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am probably going to force it myself (unless I have to have the front axle replaced under warranty, in which case, I will allow them to do it at the same time). I do have FDRS (but would have to pay $50 for the 2 day license to force the update - which is less hassle than dealing with just about any dealership).
You can use FDRS to update the module, in fact it will give you that suggested option in FDRS...and it takes 5 hrs and a 32gig usb stick and a 12 v car charger. HOWEVER this is NOT the same as the recent OTA update I received.

The android auto fullscreen is completey bogus and leaves a new black screen on the right smaller panel ( not fullscreen really) with another stupid clock there now. Absoulutly stupid design.
On the AA it has the fullscreen switch now on the AA icon on the bottom tray. On ACP it on the top left.
Whats super stupid is that my favorite MMB box does not recognize the new full screen option available in Car play that it emulates. So I guess Ill buy a newer version soon.

I still want fullscreen maps with ON X and google maps and other apps like you tube and a real browser(for the passenger) and only the MMB has provided this so far. It basicly turns the screen into a laptop/ touchscreen/ tablet /computer/ TV.