Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping the battery at 12.6V via a trickle charger has only increased some wifi activity, but not made any magic happen. I'm going to ask the dealer to do the module updates. Hopefully none of those module updates remove the 2.7L performance tune.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in the same boat as far as the update version and failed attempt. Talked to the OTA team at Ford and they suggested I take it to the dealer for them to address it. They don’t think it will attempt any more OTA updates.

Out of curiosity, did you make any Forscan changes? Looking through the F150 forums, some that made Forscan changes had luck by reverting back to their original config. They were then able to get the update to take correctly. I’m wondering if the failed install was related to those changes, or if stock Broncos are having this issue as well.
I don't think that FORSCAN changes should disable OTA updates, but even after I had made FORSCAN changes, I did get one OTA update. Then they never happened again.

If you decide to let the dealer do it, just remember, they may not fully update it. Make sure your Sync is updated to at 22294 rev 610. If you are not updated to at least that version, they are hosing you.

Expect them to say that it will update the rest of the way on its own. It could, but it might not, then you wait again. The reason why they would not update it all the way is that it can take upwards of 12 hours to program everything.

Last edited:

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changed settings a while ago. Got one update like others have received. The one that says it set it up for future updates. Nothing since.
This afternoon I went to change the auto update time. Opened it and auto updates was off. Checked wifi settings and that was also off. Not sure why both were off. I'm the only person driving it. This vehicle has a mind of its own.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changed settings a while ago. Got one update like others have received. The one that says it set it up for future updates. Nothing since.
This afternoon I went to change the auto update time. Opened it and auto updates was off. Checked wifi settings and that was also off. Not sure why both were off. I'm the only person driving it. This vehicle has a mind of its own.
I've seen the same behavior on mine; occasionally I confirm the wifi and update settings only to find them all turned off. Very frustrating as I've been looking forward to this OTA update since it was announced.

Last night I reconfirmed all settings (even toggled some just to make sure), turned my headlights from auto to off and plugged the vehicle battery into a trickle charger based on some suggestions in this thread. Didn't seem to make any difference, no update this morning. I don't know there's much on our end we can do to try to force this update.

bosko23

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Bad Lands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is the web site to download the new sync update 22294? I enter VIN and tells me I have auto update installed.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where is the web site to download the new sync update 22294? I enter VIN and tells me I have auto update installed.
I had to install it using FDRS, not a website.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fyi
I can pair two phones at once. Haven’t tried three

I guess I’ll try next time I think about it

you can only pair one of you use android auto orcarplay

but the dual phone pair is nice for a few uses I’ve had

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fyi
I can pair two phones at once. Haven’t tried three

I guess I’ll try next time I think about it

you can only pair one of you use android auto orcarplay

but the dual phone pair is nice for a few uses I’ve had

Yes, same here.

fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks, I just went through the process of updating my 10/31/2022 build date Badlands to the current versions of everything in FDRS, and I am here to tell you that the likelihood of these updates working over the air are close to zero.

The first four modules that needed updates were a Driver and Passenger door module, the wireless charging module, and the Gateway module. Of these four, the Gateway module required a USB drive and the lengthy power-off, wait, restart cycle that has been described elsewhere on this thread.

After the gateway module was current, that allowed the system to identify the APIM as needing updated. It's my understanding that this is the SYNC UI components. This download was over 5 gigabytes and took 90 minutes to download and install.

After the APIM was updated, one last module - the Telematics Control Unit, was updated. Again, this required the USB drive and the long periods of waiting.

Comparing the daily bandwidth usage of the Bronco's wifi connection (I've been monitoring it's communications with Ford's servers) -- the Bronco downloaded 3 MB of data over the past week. The FDRS update sessions in total were over 8 GB.

Good luck to all those waiting on OTA.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Folks, I just went through the process of updating my 10/31/2022 build date Badlands to the current versions of everything in FDRS, and I am here to tell you that the likelihood of these updates working over the air are close to zero.

The first four modules that needed updates were a Driver and Passenger door module, the wireless charging module, and the Gateway module. Of these four, the Gateway module required a USB drive and the lengthy power-off, wait, restart cycle that has been described elsewhere on this thread.

After the gateway module was current, that allowed the system to identify the APIM as needing updated. It's my understanding that this is the SYNC UI components. This download was over 5 gigabytes and took 90 minutes to download and install.

After the APIM was updated, one last module - the Telematics Control Unit, was updated. Again, this required the USB drive and the long periods of waiting.

Comparing the daily bandwidth usage of the Bronco's wifi connection (I've been monitoring it's communications with Ford's servers) -- the Bronco downloaded 3 MB of data over the past week. The FDRS update sessions in total were over 8 GB.

Good luck to all those waiting on OTA.
Thank you for saying it much better than I did. That was a perfect explanation of why I would not trust it to update OTA.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would someone who has the full screen CarPlay, take a picture and show us what it looks like on full screen? Thank you

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs