First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just started my Bronco a few minutes ago, for the first time in almost three weeks. The automatic updates button is greyed out for some reason. Not sure why it is disabled.

When I check for updates, it says that an update is coming soon.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got mine today sometime between 11:30a - 4:30p.

Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) IMG_2439

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is / was not soon per any definition.;)
Sure it was. Update started rolling out a few days after his tweet. Thatā€™s absolutely ā€œsoonā€ by any definition. šŸ˜‰

Then itā€™s gets pulled due to bugs. Bummer. Shit happens. I like to clown on Levine and the rockstars when itā€™s due, but canā€™t expect him to know the rockstars would fubar the releaseā€¦..or wait maybe you can šŸ˜‚

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally received the full screen update via OTA after a long road trip. Unfortunately it broke one of the most useful bits of the instrument cluster. The ā€œposted speed limitā€ no longer displays above the actual speed on the center cluster while driving a route in Apple Maps, Waze, or Google Maps. It displays when a route is not active. An obvious bug.

anyone else notice this?

Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 1D1EECC8-D897-4813-A23F-DDCFA272E654

vs. No active routeā€¦

Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 2925D795-5173-4D94-90FA-4B6DA69A461D

Sponsored

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I WITNESSED IT.

I was actually catching up on this thread when I left to drop my son off at Scouts. I ran some errands and arrived to pick him up about 10 minutes early, so I parked in the lot and cut the ignition. I opened and closed the door to get the interior lights to shut off and I was going to turn the accessory power back on for the radio but got distracted by a text. Sitting there in the dark, I noticed the physical stereo controls (and only these controls) lit up. No big deal, the Bronco hums and clicks all the time as if it were possessed. However, a few minutes later the 12" screen backlight came on, though the screen remained blank. It stayed like this until I opened the door to get out, at which point the usual animations started rolling.

I retrieved my son when they were finished and on the way home I noticed the full-screen icon in the carplay window. I then noticed the download/check icon on the menu bar and had a notification from FordPass that the update had been applied. Biggest takeaway for me was that I wasn't home, parked overnight, locked, or even on WiFi when the install occurred. I also have automatic updates turned on instead of a schedule.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the update finally on my ā€˜21

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the update finally on my ā€˜21
I got the update but I can't get the Carplay screen to expand ( no icon)..and when the android screen "expands (little X icon)," the right side swipes away only momentarily but then snaps right back...anyone have a pic of what the screens for both Android Auto and Carplay should look like in their unexpanded mode?

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is there anyone with a Raptor who got the update?

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am curious to know if you have to share your location with Ford to receive these updates.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have yet to get the update on my 22 Braptor. It tells me no updates available. I am set up for automatic updates. When parked in my driveway it is connect to my Home WiFi.

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally received the full screen update via OTA after a long road trip. Unfortunately it broke one of the most useful bits of the instrument cluster. The ā€œposted speed limitā€ no longer displays above the actual speed on the center cluster while driving a route in Apple Maps, Waze, or Google Maps. It displays when a route is not active. An obvious bug.

anyone else notice this?

Ford Bronco Fullscreen Apple CarPlay OTA Update Coming Soon! - Per Ford (Mike Levine) 2925D795-5173-4D94-90FA-4B6DA69A461D

vs. No active routeā€¦

22 Wildtrak here without the update. This is exactly how mine functions, donā€™t think itā€™s related to this update

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22 Wildtrak here without the update. This is exactly how mine functions, donā€™t think itā€™s related to this update
Mine was working fine before the update so definitely a bug.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know what, if any changes to the rear view camera that affect the Bronco with this update?
I believe this was for the rear camera recall that Ford announced a while back. The rearview camera can remain stuck on even after the vehicle is put back into a forward gear, only 8 inch screens were affected though from what I remember.