First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not for me, but it looks good. Congrats on going with your vision for your Bronco. With the added weight of the line-x and the 37’s, any idea what your mpg is now?
Many of us think that life is too short to worry about MPG. Maybe that's my attitude because I put in 300+ hours boating each summer at about 9 gallons per hour. o_O
Sponsored

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wow, not bad, I thought it would have added way more than that. Looks durable as hell and will never scratch.
I worked in sales for 3M in the Automotive refinish market for over 20 years and it was an educated guess that was on the high side. Here's from a quote from a Line X dealer that indicates it's only about 90 lbs for a full exterior. I love the cooler analogy, lol.

Lastly here are some myths or incorrect statements I have come across with the corrections next to them.

"LINE-X will add like 500 lbs" - False, We spray exteriors around 65mils on average. At that thickness you achieve the tough coating you want and don't add a significant amount of weight. Less than 90 lbs on average for a full size vehicle completely sprayed. About as much weight as your cooler stocked with "sodas" and ice.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally all complete
4wd parts suspension lift
37” Bf muds
Rock slider engineering electric steps
AFP hood
Hidden winch
Baja light bar
Last but not least
Repainted whole truck in line-x

So happy to have her finished.
Everything about it looks great! Nice job! Love it

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I worked in sales for 3M in the Automotive refinish market for over 20 years and it was an educated guess that was on the high side. Here's from a quote from a Line X dealer that indicates it's only about 90 lbs for a full exterior. I love the cooler analogy, lol.

Lastly here are some myths or incorrect statements I have come across with the corrections next to them.

"LINE-X will add like 500 lbs" - False, We spray exteriors around 65mils on average. At that thickness you achieve the tough coating you want and don't add a significant amount of weight. Less than 90 lbs on average for a full size vehicle completely sprayed. About as much weight as your cooler stocked with "sodas" and ice.
thanks for the info. I believed him when he said 100lbs…I just thought it would be heavier but based upon no real experience.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last but not least
Repainted whole truck in line-x
I just tried to explain this to my wife. She first said, isn't Line-x a software language? So I explained that it is what you would spray as a bedliner in a pickup. She said, oh, that seems weird.

That's how I know this is awesome!! Somebody please share some ballpark pricing.

I guess I can unsubscribe to the mudflap thread now.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just tried to explain this to my wife. She first said, isn't Line-x a software language? So I explained that it is what you would spray as a bedliner in a pickup. She said, oh, that seems weird.

That's how I know this is awesome!! Somebody please share some ballpark pricing.

I guess I can unsubscribe to the mudflap thread now.
The body shops I had as customers in CA charged about $4k to Line X an entire truck.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gotta admit. I'm surprised that the Bronco looks so good completely naked. Kind of very post apocalyptic mad max.

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs