Sponsored

Fully Loaded Badlands at purchase vs. Base model with after market stuff ($55,000 budget) What would you do and Why?

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I am a Newbie in the off-road vehicle world and I am planning on getting a Badlands with the following upgrades: 2.7 auto, Black Top, High Pac.and staying with 33” .. I was wondering if any of you planning on getting the base or a lower trim and getting after market stuff instead.

I live in Miami but I plan to pull my Bronco with my RV and go to the Mountains.. I will not to anything extreme like heavy duty rock climbing, but plan to off road plenty..

What is your plan and why?
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I am a Newbie in the off-road vehicle world and I am planning on getting a Badlands with the following upgrades: 2.7 auto, Black Top, High Pac.and staying with 33” .. I was wondering if any of you planning on getting the base or a lower trim and getting after market stuff instead.

I live in Miami but I plan to pull my Bronco with my RV and go to the Mountains.. I will not to anything extreme like heavy duty rock climbing, but plan to off road plenty..

"Budget" 4 Door Badlands-Sasquatch Configuration - Using Survey Pricing

Four Door Badlands - $44590
Destination Charge - $1495
Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
Grey Hardtop - $700

Total: $50885

This is my potential 4dr Badlands Sasquatch configuration. My desires are:

Keep price down
Bad ass big tire look (high ground clearance good!)
Good highway vehicle. Yes, Bronco are not built for highways, but some will be better than others

What I don't care about are large screens, other electronics, heated seats and steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, high beam assist, any other types of assistance, leather doo dads, remote start, floor lighting, etc, etc and on and on

Take a look at this. This is the "cheapest" Badlands Sasquatch configuration.

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I've seen a few threads with similar info. My plan is to get a 2-Door badlands with the High package. I might eventually add on a Roof-Top Tent and a winch, but that's about it for now.

I'm using it as a DD and then plan on doing some off-road trails a few times per year. I'm a sucker for the high package (12" screen especially) and the 7 speed manual so I was kinda pigeonholed into getting the Badlands.

I'm fairly new to the off-road world and I have heard it's better to stick with a stock version and work your way up. The base version is meant for people who are pretty much going to gut the thing and make it their own. Because I don't really fit into that category, but I plan on off-roading a good amount, I decided the badlands would be the best for myself.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Budget" 4 Door Badlands-Sasquatch Configuration - Using Survey Pricing

Four Door Badlands - $44590
Destination Charge - $1495
Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
Grey Hardtop - $700

Total: $50885

This is my potential 4dr Badlands Sasquatch configuration. My desires are:

Keep price down
Bad ass big tire look (high ground clearance good!)
Good highway vehicle. Yes, Bronco are not built for highways, but some will be better than others

What I don't care about are large screens, other electronics, heated seats and steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, high beam assist, any other types of assistance, leather doo dads, remote start, floor lighting, etc, etc and on and on

Take a look at this. This is the "cheapest" Badlands Sasquatch configuration.
That pretty cool. I would like to say, I do not care about the high end electronics but I would be lying. However, I am looking at the four door version more these days. I love the extra room for the doors and back area. I just need to try to keep the weight down since I will be pulling my Bronco with my RV. Good Luck buddy!

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I've seen a few threads with similar info. My plan is to get a 2-Door badlands with the High package. I might eventually add on a Roof-Top Tent and a winch, but that's about it for now.

I'm using it as a DD and then plan on doing some off-road trails a few times per year. I'm a sucker for the high package (12" screen especially) and the 7 speed manual so I was kinda pigeonholed into getting the Badlands.

I'm fairly new to the off-road world and I have heard it's better to stick with a stock version and work your way up. The base version is meant for people who are pretty much going to gut the thing and make it their own. Because I don't really fit into that category, but I plan on off-roading a good amount, I decided the badlands would be the best for myself.
No sasquatch?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming we still cannot get the sasquatch with the manual, i'm picking the manual over the squatch. Also, for my purposes, A/T > M/T tires
Agreed! Love those A/T Tires.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've changed my mind so many times. I guess my ideal build is Base,manual, lockers F/R with 4.70s and the 4A T-case. I don't believe it will be possible and so I am considering the BL but not excited about the price. When B&P drops then I guess we will see. I'd be happy to even let the diffs be dealer installed as long as the factory warranty stays intact. So many unknowns

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would not get a base version, and add aftermarket stuff. With the Badlands, what you get will be a fully tested, and warrantied vehicle that will function well from day one. Every time you go the aftermarket route, you are depending on different products to work together when they have not been tested that way. Your configuration is almost identical to mine.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not get a base version, and add aftermarket stuff. With the Badlands, what you get will be a fully tested, and warrantied vehicle that will function well from day one. Every time you go the aftermarket route, you are depending on different products to work together when they have not been tested that way. Your configuration is almost identical to mine.
Would you get the Sasquatch? And will you get the mid, high, or lux packages?

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a huge difference between the Base and the Badlands.... F&R locking diffs, Advanced 4x4, swaybar disconnect, Vinyl interior, etc.
You're not planning on hard core off-roading.... take a look at the Black Diamond. It has the locking rear diff and vinyl interior at $6k less.

I'm looking at the Base with 2.7, auto, adv 4x4 for about $35k. Will add different wheels/tires and a limited slip rear if the stock traction control doesn't cut it.
I'm fine with the cloth interior since it will be more comfortable than vinyl. Weathertech floor mats will be fine..... take em out and rinse them off. I don't need the high-end electronics but a nice stereo would be nice.

Overall, I think the Badlands is overkill for you, but it's your money.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you get the Sasquatch? And will you get the mid, high, or lux packages?
It will be my wife’s Bronco, and I want her to drive on 33“ K02s with the narrower footprint because they will handle better in the snow. If it was for me, I would get the Sasquatch package for sure. I will get the Lux package because she wants a heated steering wheel, and the better sound system.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed! Love those A/T Tires.
I am really hoping that the Sasquatch package on the Build and Price gives us the option of choosing a 35" M/T or a 35" A/T like the BFG T/A K02 or Falken Wildpeak AT3W. In Missouri we get primarily ice in the winter (which sucks big time) and we need those 3 peak winter tires. That or maybe some dealerships will do a straight trade if you agree to swap them before you drive away.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sounds like you aren't married to the tech. In that case price out the Base with Sasquatch and 2.7L. You get most of the suspension and driveline goodies without the bumpers, skid plates and rockers.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really hoping that the Sasquatch package on the Build and Price gives us the option of choosing a 35" M/T or a 35" A/T like the BFG T/A K02 or Falken Wildpeak AT3W. In Missouri we get primarily ice in the winter (which sucks big time) and we need those 3 peak winter tires. That or maybe some dealerships will do a straight trade if you agree to swap them before you drive away.
I definitely hear you about that ice! I'm hoping for that as well. If not, then I may see about getting some 33 A/Ts on my Wildtrak instead.
Sponsored