Sponsored

Fully Loaded Badlands at purchase vs. Base model with after market stuff ($55,000 budget) What would you do and Why?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bought a base Jeep, even the windows are manual. I did not want to spend big bucks on a loaded jeep Because I wasn’t sure how much I would off road. I also paid off the JKU years early because it was $30k vs 50k.

over the next 7 years I put on aftermarket items of my choosing. And every item was paid in full, no financing so there was also a cost savings there. i can also find my ride Easily in the parking lot because it does not look like everyone else’s stock manufactured Jeep.

this time I will not be getting a base model. I already know I will continue to go off road and want the equipment in the badlands. I will get an extended warranty so everything will be covered. There are too many sensors and computers in the new Bronco.
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
For your needs, a Outer Banks with the Lux package, 2.7L and a rear locker would do everything that you need in style.

Badlands is overkill in the drivetrain. Therefore, a waste of money.
And the vinyl seats will fry your ass in Miami.
I know, I used to live in Hollywood FL, back in the early 1990s when vinyl seats were on everything.

Add a 1.5" leveling kit to the suspension .

I'd go with 275/70R18 (33x10R18 inch) tires
Tire selection in this size is excellent.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For your needs, a Outer Banks with the Lux package, 2.7L and a rear locker would do everything that you need in style.

Badlands is overkill in the drivetrain. Therefore, a waste of money.
And the vinyl seats will fry your ass in Miami.
I know, I used to live in Hollywood FL, back in the early 1990s when vinyl seats were on everything.

Add a 1.5" leveling kit to the suspension .

I'd go with 275/70R18 (33x10R18 inch) tires
Tire selection in this size is excellent.
I guess “in style” is relative to your tastes. Those running boards make the OB look like a low rider, and the color matched flares and handles seem out of place on a rig he ways he wants to take off road a lot.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has nothing to do with the quality of the material.
It has to do with the physics of sunlight on the material itself.
Cloth will be far cooler than vinyl . And cloth will cool down quicker, as it is less dense.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess “in style” is relative to your tastes. Those running boards make the OB look like a low rider, and the color matched flares and handles seem out of place on a rig he ways he wants to take off road a lot.
Agreed.
The OBX running boards will look great in a dumpster.?

They unbolt. And the OP's budget is $55K

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It has nothing to do with the quality of the material.
It has to do with the physics of sunlight on the material itself.
Cloth will be far cooler than vinyl . And cloth will cool down quicker, as it is less dense.
It’s marine grade, splash some cool water on it to cool it off, then wipe it dry with a towel and it’s cooled off a lot faster than a cloth seat that’s soaked up heat. ;) And won’t absorb and hold your sweat like a sponge.

The bigger benefit for cloth is not sticking to the seat. Which is the main reason I specifically wanted cloth seats in my convertible not leather.

To answer the original question, I originally thought I’d get a badlands, because I want manual trans and since they said no Sasquatch with manual the badlands was the next best thing. Now that Sasquatch is pairable with manual, I’d get a black diamond if I do get a bronco. With Sasquatch it’s basically the same as the badlands, minus the stabilizer disconnect and ability to add more expense with high and lux packages. But anything I might want out of those packages I can add myself for cheaper than the price jump from black diamond to badlands, much less the additional cost of the packages themselves. And I’d get the mid package at least over just the base standard stuff. I’d also use the Sport goat mode more than a Baja one like on the badlands. So basically I’d get a “budget badlands” and be in the middle, almost all the same upgrades over base but not quite the expense of the badlands and would only add a couple aftermarket bits(and be well under $55k).

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Badlands isnt “fully loaded” with the options you mentioned. Wife is getting a 4dr Badsquatch, 2.7, auto, body-color painted modular top, lux package, leather seats and I estimate that’ll be close to $65k (That’s without the warn winch too).
Sponsored