Sponsored

Fully Loaded Badlands at purchase vs. Base model with after market stuff ($55,000 budget) What would you do and Why?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I am a Newbie in the off-road vehicle world and I am planning on getting a Badlands with the following upgrades: 2.7 auto, Black Top, High Pac.and staying with 33” .. I was wondering if any of you planning on getting the base or a lower trim and getting after market stuff instead.

I live in Miami but I plan to pull my Bronco with my RV and go to the Mountains.. I will not to anything extreme like heavy duty rock climbing, but plan to off road plenty..

What is your plan and why?
I live in Miami Beach and aslo considering 2.7L hardtop Black Diamond and Badlands. At first, I liked the idea of easy cleaning vinyl seats, but then I remembered driving similar years ago in the heat. I used to sweat my balls off. Do not underestimate how hot the vinyl will get in Miami. Imagine frying your butt every time you sit down in the summer. This could be a huge source of regret for you (and me). I am hoping we can swap the vinyl for cloth from the factory with those trims.

I have owned Rubicons and Defenders and think a Badlands might be overkill for you. The B.D. is plenty off road capable for me. Preferred build today is B.D./2.7L/hardtop/Cyber Orange. I would probably go up to 33" tires once the originals wear out.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since I am a Newbie in the off-road vehicle world and I am planning on getting a Badlands with the following upgrades: 2.7 auto, Black Top, High Pac.and staying with 33” .. I was wondering if any of you planning on getting the base or a lower trim and getting after market stuff instead.

I live in Miami but I plan to pull my Bronco with my RV and go to the Mountains.. I will not to anything extreme like heavy duty rock climbing, but plan to off road plenty..

What is your plan and why?
Planning on a base 2-door with manual trans (unless it has issues then would spring for auto with 2.7). Swapping to 33" tires and probably aftermarket wheels. That's it. Around $31,500 + tax. And yes I'll be offroad with it including rocky trails. Some people overestimate what's needed to hit the trails. Ultimately what's needed is the will and desire for adventure.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like a few others have said get it from the factory and be done with it. It's all been tested, warrantied and save you some time.

Especially if you are new to the scene like I am. I couldn't even begin to tell you where to look for aftermarket off road stuff or who makes good stuff lol.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks very much for your feedback everyone! Very helpful. Based on what I am reading and my interest is today.lol.. I plan to do the following:

Badlands / 2 door - 100%
Color: Area 51 or A. Blue
Upgrades:
2.7 Auto -100%
Blue M. Roof - 100%
High Pac. -100%
Tow Pac.- 100%
Leather - Maybe

Staying with 33” BFG -100% (GREAT TIRES) #1 reason for not going to 35”

Note: People keep mentioning that the Badlands to to much Truck for my needs and I should get the BASE or BD. Two things I say to that one: Resale value and two, love the look and feel to the Badlands.. regardless to Rock climbing or not. I think the 35” is more of an overkill then the Badlands.. Thanks again everyone!!

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks very much for your feedback everyone! Very helpful. Based on what I am reading and my interest is today.lol.. I plan to do the following:

Badlands / 2 door - 100%
Color: Area 51 or A. Blue
Upgrades:
2.7 Auto -100%
Blue M. Roof - 100%
High Pac. -100%
Tow Pac.- 100%
Leather - Maybe

Staying with 33” BFG -100% (GREAT TIRES) #1 reason for not going to 35”

Note: People keep mentioning that the Badlands to to much Truck for my needs and I should get the BASE or BD. Two things I say to that one: Resale value and two, love the look and feel to the Badlands.. regardless to Rock climbing or not. I think the 35” is more of an overkill then the Badlands.. Thanks again everyone!!
No four door?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No four door?
I would love a four door. However, I will be pulling my Bronco with my RV. Less weight. Another reason I am not getting the 35” tires.

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is going to be a weekend vehicle for fun. I don't give a hoot about fuel economy. If I did I'd get a Pryus (pronounced as Clarkson does), but again, I don't, so pfffffbt to that.
It's going to be a 4dr Badlands, Lux, 2.7, auto, and maybe sasquatched (probably sasquatched). If Ford offers a 37" tire and 2" lift I'd be all over that too.
Why? Because I did the "build it" thing with the Jeep and that was fun (but really, really expensive! - Just Empty Every Pocket! ?). But knowing it'll work every time I get in and push the start button; that its perfect from day one; that a factory engineer planned it; that the factory applied a finish that can handle road salt (unlike every aftermarket company out there) so it won't rust out in months.... now that'll worth it ?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm most likely going with the Badlands trim and as much as I like the look of the squatch, I'm probably going to make a rationale decision based on what is best for things like this:
1) Winters in Colorado
2) Gas mileage
3) Towing
4) Cost of replacement
5) Comfort/noise for a daily diver

If it looks like it will be a tossup between the 33s and 35s on all of these factors, then squatch it is. Not sure how that is possible though and the reason why Wildtrak is no longer an option for me.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
55k is a healthy budget. I'm shooting for mid to high 30k range with a base and 2.7 auto. I want to see what the aftermarket part scene looks like. Will likely go for lift and bigger wheels. Then roof top tent. Ideally would hope that a modular kit comes out to replace back seats and install a fridge/cooler, also will put in a dual battery, and storage compartments.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm most likely going with the Badlands trim and as much as I like the look of the squatch, I'm probably going to make a rationale decision based on what is best for things like this:
1) Winters in Colorado
2) Gas mileage
3) Towing
4) Cost of replacement
5) Comfort/noise for a daily diver

If it looks like it will be a tossup between the 33s and 35s on all of these factors, then squatch it is. Not sure how that is possible though and the reason why Wildtrak is no longer an option for me.
Based on your criteria, I think its hands down winner is 33” BF but 35” BF would be a nice option for you if your dealer can get it done for you. BF tires are better on gas, noise and great on snow. Really nothing bad to say about those tires specially if you are planning on driving it everyday. Good Luck!

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
55k is a healthy budget. I'm shooting for mid to high 30k range with a base and 2.7 auto. I want to see what the aftermarket part scene looks like. Will likely go for lift and bigger wheels. Then roof top tent. Ideally would hope that a modular kit comes out to replace back seats and install a fridge/cooler, also will put in a dual battery, and storage compartments.
Here is a base with with $3,240 worth of aftermarket wheels, 33" tires, bumper and rock rails. Pretty sweet....

Ford Bronco Fully Loaded Badlands at purchase vs. Base model with after market stuff ($55,000 budget) What would you do and Why? 20200803_230029

gamma_j

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hot damn. Where'd you do this? I want to see four door, carbon grey with same stuff
Looks like this is from a site called interactivegarage.com

It's fun to play with.
Sponsored