Sponsored

Fully Loaded Outer Banks Ordered, Wait For Hardtop?

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi, all! So, I placed my order for an Outer Banks a few days ago with the Sasquatch Package, Lux Package, leather/vinyl seats in Roast and Onyx, and Auxiliary Overhead Switches, and a hardtop… My question for you fine folks is, since I’m sure they’ll be commodity issues with at least a few of the packages, should I keep the hardtop since it’s going to be a long wait anyway, or go for a soft top? Will getting the soft top change the wait time that much, or should I just hold out for the hard top? Thanks so much for any insight and/or words of wisdom that you may have!😃
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love my OBX soft top. No complaints and putting it down is so much easier than messing with panels. I’ve had mine in significant snow and wind with no problems too. Soft tops are still getting preferenced and built faster as well.

D6315D6D-41F3-4A79-84D1-63EFCA3EEC3F.jpeg

Reactions: rws

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi, all! So, I placed my order for an Outer Banks a few days ago with the Sasquatch Package, Lux Package, leather/vinyl seats in Roast and Onyx, and Auxiliary Overhead Switches, and a hardtop… My question for you fine folks is, since I’m sure they’ll be commodity issues with at least a few of the packages, should I keep the hardtop since it’s going to be a long wait anyway, or go for a soft top? Will getting the soft top change the wait time that much, or should I just hold out for the hard top? Thanks so much for any insight and/or words of wisdom that you may have!😃
That is my exact build but I got a 2 door, I ordered in August and no movement for me.

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would think your going to be waiting a long time with LUX and SAS so I would keep the hard top if that is your preference.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That is my exact build but I got a 2 door, I ordered in August and no movement for me.
Oh, gosh! Please do keep me updated when you finally get it! Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh, gosh! Please do keep me updated when you finally get it! Good luck!
…By the way, I’ve heard that if it’s an insane amount of time, they will put a soft top on, and send you a hard top when they can.😌

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would think your going to be waiting a long time with LUX and SAS so I would keep the hard top if that is your preference.
Thank you!😊

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unwilling soft top owner turned convert here. I didn't want anything to do with a soft top until I owned one. The convienence of throwing the top back or putting it back up with ease is extremely underrated. I live in the PNW so even in summer temps get cold at night. I offgrid camp a lot, and leaving my top behind to go on a 3 day adventure without being able to put the top back up was probably going to be a bigger problem than anticipated. Coming from a car with active noise cancellation the roadnoise was pretty loud at first, now it seems normal. I've heard the hard top isn't any quieter. I was worried about rain build up and fogged windows but that has not been a problem at all. I was worried about cabin temperature as well, but that also has been a non issue. Truthfully, the only reason I would get a hard top now is strictly looks (hard top definitely looks better), but the assumed $5k cost could buy an awesome Raptor like suspension and doesn't seem worth it. Not having a roof rack is the other negative, but I have trailer tow to help with that problem. I bet you'll find a ton of soft top owners feeling the same way. At this point I can confidently say the only way I'll get a had top is if someone swaps with me or I find one at a salvage yard. If I had a hard top I'd honestly prefer it only in winter when I don't take my top off if ever.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

…By the way, I’ve heard that if it’s an insane amount of time, they will put a soft top on, and send you a hard top when they can.😌
Yes they will, if you pay for it lol.

It's totally random imo on newly placed orders. Yes soft tops will be made sooner than hard tops, but right now both seem to be build before anyone who ordered in 1/21 even. You might be 4-6 months out for either, or you might be a 23' model for either. Totally random and dependent on your dealer allocations, your build, parts constraints, the temperature that day, the angle of the sun, and the barometer at the South Pole.......and I'm not really exaggerating that much lol.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unwilling soft top owner turned convert here. I didn't want anything to do with a soft top until I owned one. The convienence of throwing the top back or putting it back up with ease is extremely underrated. I live in the PNW so even in summer temps get cold at night. I offgrid camp a lot, and leaving my top behind to go on a 3 day adventure without being able to put the top back up was probably going to be a bigger problem than anticipated. Coming from a car with active noise cancellation the roadnoise was pretty loud at first, now it seems normal. I've heard the hard top isn't any quieter. I was worried about rain build up and fogged windows but that has not been a problem at all. I was worried about cabin temperature as well, but that also has been a non issue. Truthfully, the only reason I would get a hard top now is strictly looks (hard top definitely looks better), but the assumed $5k cost could buy an awesome Raptor like suspension and doesn't seem worth it. Not having a roof rack is the other negative, but I have trailer tow to help with that problem. I bet you'll find a ton of soft top owners feeling the same way. At this point I can confidently say the only way I'll get a had top is if someone swaps with me or I find one at a salvage yard. If I had a hard top I'd honestly prefer it only in winter when I don't take my top off if ever.
I hear ya - we are in NY and the weather is volatile… She’d be garaged, so I’m not worried about the snow. I already have a convertible, so honestly, that’s why I went hardtop! However, I am about 5 feet tall and slight, so I’m concerned about getting the soft top pushed back on my own, but then again, are the hardtop panels in the front heavy? I never wait for my husband because I like to do things when I want (as per me getting hurt, ha!) so which do you think would be better for me?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes they will, if you pay for it lol.

It's totally random imo on newly placed orders. Yes soft tops will be made sooner than hard tops, but right now both seem to be build before anyone who ordered in 1/21 even. You might be 4-6 months out for either, or you might be a 23' model for either. Totally random and dependent on your dealer allocations, your build, parts constraints, the temperature that day, the angle of the sun, and the barometer at the South Pole.......and I'm not really exaggerating that much lol.
That’s AWESOME! Ha! I’m curious - are the hard tops more expensive after the build? Honestly, at this point I don’t even care what the cost is - I would just like it sooner rather than later, so I’d go for a softie if it even took two days off the wait! I’m desperate (like the rest of us!) over here!🤣

Airstevo

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I completely agree with all of this! I was also an unwilling soft top convert but I'm really liking the decision. Any concerns of noise or looks is gone, especially how good it looks with the top down.

Who knows how long it will delay your delivery and honestly, I'm glad I switched and got my bronco earlier than later. What would be so bad to have another convertible anyway right?

It's really not hard at all to put the top up and down, even if you're petite. If you cant reach from the side from the ground, you can easily do it from inside.

I'm very happy I switched with how much you save, and getting it earlier, and how it looks and feels with the top down
Ford Bronco Fully Loaded Outer Banks Ordered, Wait For Hardtop? 4009F7F1-EDB9-407B-A40E-DD816B3998EF.JPG

Last edited:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree with all of this! I was also an unwilling soft top convert but I'm really liking the decision. Any concerns of noise or looks is gone, especially how good it looks with the top down.

Who knows how long it will delay your delivery and honestly, I'm glad I switched and got my bronco earlier than later. What would be so bad to have another convertible anyway right?

It's really not hard at all to put the top up and down, even if you're petite. If you cant reach from the side from the ground, you can easily do it from inside.

I'm very happy I switched with how much you save, and getting it earlier, and how it looks and feels with the top down
We had a couple 70 degree days the day I picked it up. But they 70 degree day turns to 30 degrees within 2 hours once the sun goes down. Being able to flip the soft top into position 1 and back within 15 seconds is connivence I could never give up anymore lol

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s AWESOME! Ha! I’m curious - are the hard tops more expensive after the build? Honestly, at this point I don’t even care what the cost is - I would just like it sooner rather than later, so I’d go for a softie if it even took two days off the wait! I’m desperate (like the rest of us!) over here!🤣
They’re about 7000-10000 depending on which dealer you talk to. Way cheaper to go MIC from factory and buy someone’s soft top on the 2nd hand market if you want both.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They’re about 7000-10000 depending on which dealer you talk to. Way cheaper to go MIC from factory and buy someone’s soft top on the 2nd hand market if you want both.
Well, that’s crazy! The soft tops are less expensive, correct? Thanks!
Sponsored