Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now nobody has these damn things. I should have gotten in on the ground floor. Waited too long, now sucking hind tit.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stbanning

Badlands
First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 platinum, mazdaspeed miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As mentioned in another thread, I was selected to beta test this product (see image below). I want to share this experience with Bronco6G as it may benefit those who are getting the 2.7L EB engine which has a plastic oil pan with a plastic oil drain plug.

View attachment 131395

For those who are skeptical about this product PLEASE PLEASE keep your comments to yourself. Also, this thread is not for debating why Ford is using a plastic oil pan vs. a metal oil pan. Again, I just want to share my experience.

Fumoto since 1976 have created engine oil drain plugs with a valve attached to help drain engine oil without creating a mess. Often you can attach a hose and drain the oil straight into your recycling container and doing so without ever removing the oil drain plug. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing their products.

So what's the BIG DEAL and why do Ford customers care? Well ford uses plastic oil pans in some of their engines (3.5L produced before Feb. 26 2018, 2.7L on F150s and the upcoming Bronco, 3.0L (rumored to be on the Warthog) and also on the Coyote ... I think the current coyote is now using a metal oil pan.

So a plastic oil pan has a plastic oil drain plug. Ford's oil drain plug is yellow (see below). Removing this plug creates a huge mess. Again there a plenty of youtube videos showing a gush of oil when you remove the plug. This product allows better control when draining the oil.

I did some research and though there are a handful of different part numbers for the yellow plug below, they are all the same size. In other words, the yellow plug below will work for any of the engines mentioned above. There are different iterations of the yellow plug below as some newer ones incorporate a cavity at the end where you can use a ratchet/socket to help you remove the plug.

View attachment 131391

I also want to mention that I am not getting paid by Fumoto. They are paying for the oil up to $50 for the initial oil change and the last oil change. Fumoto wants the valve back after the 1 year test period. I will receive a free valve after I complete the beta test.

I have attached the contract for anyone who wants to read it.

I made a quick video showing the 4 parts that make up F702DX. But 1st, please see the video from Fumoto showing the installation. My video goes in detail showing all the parts.

I will update this thread after I install this valve on my 2018 Lariat in 2 days

Does the allen key part of the drain remove to attach a barb so a hose can be attached?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Most of their valves do allow you to attach a hose BUT they never mentioned that functionality with this valve.

It is an excellent question and I will ask and post back here.

Does the allen key part of the drain remove to attach a barb so a hose can be attached?

Sponsored

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anh Khoi holding it down and being a tester. I think I’m sold on this design over the others for now. Currently run a fumoto on my current rig. Nguyening.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As mentioned in another thread, I was selected to beta test this product (see image below). I want to share this experience with Bronco6G as it may benefit those who are getting the 2.7L EB engine which has a plastic oil pan with a plastic oil drain plug.

View attachment 131395

For those who are skeptical about this product PLEASE PLEASE keep your comments to yourself. Also, this thread is not for debating why Ford is using a plastic oil pan vs. a metal oil pan. Again, I just want to share my experience.

Fumoto since 1976 have created engine oil drain plugs with a valve attached to help drain engine oil without creating a mess. Often you can attach a hose and drain the oil straight into your recycling container and doing so without ever removing the oil drain plug. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing their products.

So what's the BIG DEAL and why do Ford customers care? Well ford uses plastic oil pans in some of their engines (3.5L produced before Feb. 26 2018, 2.7L on F150s and the upcoming Bronco, 3.0L (rumored to be on the Warthog) and also on the Coyote ... I think the current coyote is now using a metal oil pan.

So a plastic oil pan has a plastic oil drain plug. Ford's oil drain plug is yellow (see below). Removing this plug creates a huge mess. Again there a plenty of youtube videos showing a gush of oil when you remove the plug. This product allows better control when draining the oil.

I did some research and though there are a handful of different part numbers for the yellow plug below, they are all the same size. In other words, the yellow plug below will work for any of the engines mentioned above. There are different iterations of the yellow plug below as some newer ones incorporate a cavity at the end where you can use a ratchet/socket to help you remove the plug.

View attachment 131391

I also want to mention that I am not getting paid by Fumoto. They are paying for the oil up to $50 for the initial oil change and the last oil change. Fumoto wants the valve back after the 1 year test period. I will receive a free valve after I complete the beta test.

I have attached the contract for anyone who wants to read it.

I made a quick video showing the 4 parts that make up F702DX. But 1st, please see the video from Fumoto showing the installation. My video goes in detail showing all the parts.

I will update this thread after I install this valve on my 2018 Lariat in 2 days

I like the Fumoto products and am very interested in this. Can a hose be connectedto this valve? Hopefully.....I am hoping with it and a hose attachment that oil can be drained without the need to remove any skid plates.
Thanks for doing this Beta Test. Any ideas when they will retail sale?
Tjhanks

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It wasn't until our Bronco came that I noticed how long it takes to bring a product to market,
But, it sure seems that Fumoto could get a Bronco drain plug to the market in a few months.
What is the best plug NOW available? Ronin?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wasn't until our Bronco came that I noticed how long it takes to bring a product to market,
But, it sure seems that Fumoto could get a Bronco drain plug to the market in a few months.
What is the best plug NOW available? Ronin?
I used the Dorman plug for now, until something better comes along.
I’m not sold on the Ronin plug as it doesn’t lock in place and could possibly spin out of the pan.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the Ronin and I'm very happy with it so far .... will do my second oil change soon and will report ... its actually the first oil drain with the Ronin

I'm not concerned with the functionality at all, although, I am very curious to see if the magnet has caught any burrs

Sponsored

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe someone will come up with a easy access plate on the skid pan for changing the oil.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every car I’ve owned has gotten one of these things, I swear by them. Glad to see them reaching into the Ford space. I was unsure how they would tackle the new style Ford plugs.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every car I’ve owned has gotten one of these things, I swear by them. Glad to see them reaching into the Ford space. I was unsure how they would tackle the new style Ford plugs.
Is this the Fumoto or the Ronin you use?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this the Fumoto or the Ronin you use?
Yeah, I’ve never used a Ronin but I swear by Fumoto. No more cross threads on a soft aluminum pan!
Sponsored