Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and it cost $80. Fumoto is $25-$35

I will try to find a review where the owner said the valve stuck and he had to take the whole thing out.
A new motor is about $5,000. Your point being?

I would rather buy the proper unit once, but then again, I am buying the proper bronco and it has a metal oil pan and manual transmission.

Should I redact my original post?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you not understand the Fumoto valve to replace the plastic Ford oem valve is NOT out yet? If it is not out yet that then how do you know it will not work?

This is why I am testing it. And it if works then a product that is $35 that does the same thing is as a $80 product is a better value. This is all I am saying. But somehow you have concluded that Fumoto valve will not work. What exactly is the issue?

A new motor is about $5,000. Your point being?

I would rather buy the proper unit once, but then again, I am buying the proper bronco and it has a metal oil pan and manual transmission.

Should I redact my original post?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So is it confirmed the 2.7 bronco has plastic oil pan this is the only thing that scares me after reading all the horror stories about the plastic oil pan

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
YES! The 2.7 has a plastic pan with a plastic oil drain plug. It looks like this

Ford Bronco Fumoto valve for Ford's plastic oil pans ... about damn time 1622842551241

So is it confirmed the 2.7 bronco has plastic oil pan this is the only thing that scares me after reading all the horror stories about the plastic oil pan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

YES! The 2.7 has a plastic pan with a plastic oil drain plug. It looks like this

Ford Bronco Fumoto valve for Ford's plastic oil pans ... about damn time 1622842551241
Ha e they ironed out all the issues with it leaking and thanks for the info

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread is not about leaking issues.

If you google it, then you will see that leaking issues from the 2.7 plastic pan have been resolved. BUT please do your research. If the plastic plan scares you then go with the 2.3 as it has a metal oil pan.

BTW .. my wife's 2018 Lariat has a plastic pan and after 30K miles, there have been no issues.

Ha e they ironed out all the issues with it leaking and thanks for the info

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread not about leaking issues.

If you google it, then you will see that leaking issues from the 2.7 plastic pan have been resolved. BUT please do your research. If the plastic plan scares you then go with the 2.3 as it has a metal oil pan.

BTW .. my wife's 2018 Lariat has a plastic pan and after 30K miles, there have been no issues.
Thank you I’m sticking with my 2.7. Thanks for the info

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You are not alone
I had the same experience. with my TJ Rubicon.
The crap that came out of my mouth that day. I was like Ralphie on A Christmas Story
Isn't that the kid that shot his eye out?
Do you not understand the Fumoto valve to replace the plastic Ford oem valve is NOT out yet? If it is not out yet that then how do you know it will not work?

This is why I am testing it. And it if works then a product that is $35 that does the same thing is as a $80 product is a better value. This is all I am saying. But somehow you have concluded that Fumoto valve will not work. What exactly is the issue?
What was the issue with posting another unit that's already out which will work and work better, with a more comprehensive design and with superior materials?

I guess i'm not understanding why you're upset that there are options unless this is a thread for a company which doesn't want to pay to be a vendor or something.

You go grab the Fumoto valve whenever it is that it comes out, and it will have the same issue with hanging down well below the oil pan and it will certainly work for the on-road folks and it will be a great way for people to prevent stripping a plastic oil pan. Cool. I'm not being mean, disrespectful or raining on your parade here.

There are times when experience and identifying potential issues lead towards a solution which would have prevented past issues/failures rather than doing the same thing again and tempting fate. The Fumoto valve hangs down below the pan and that creates an entirely new failure point, it just does. Their materials are not highly specific, to tight tollerances or of the best materials available at a reasonable cost, they just aren't. They went a direction for your typical on-road, will see no abuse passenger vehicle and will work for 95% of bronco owners at a reasonable price. Also cool.

But you are getting upset that there are alternatives which solve the issues with the cheaper option. Is there a kick-back you're getting form them? If you get nothing from it, then why not be happy that there's products at various price points to satisfy more peoples needs and that somebody took the time out of their day to help other users be aware of a product (much like you have, assuming you have no skin in the game or nothing to gain)?

Some of my cars are this low, i've punched holes in oil pans and differentials before from random things on the road or a raised rib of metal on a freeway expansion gap. Critical things made of soft metal mounted in plastic hanging down is a gamble i'm not willing to take. That thing getting ripped out of the pan will be a new engine. Be cool with it or not, it is what it is. I don't even have seat belts in any of my cars but the daily driver. It is what it is.

Ford Bronco Fumoto valve for Ford's plastic oil pans ... about damn time static dro

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not alone
I had the same experience. with my TJ Rubicon.
The crap that came out of my mouth that day. I was like Ralphie on A Christmas Story
Yep. I have an 05 LJ and the shiny fumoto valve is still sitting in my toolbox 4yrs later.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still sitting here not believing a $50k vehicle had a plastic pan and plug. I wonder how many plugs Ford goes through a week on oil changes.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife’s 2018 lariat with 30k Miles is still on its original plug. I don’t understand how guys are breaking the plugs at every oil change

I'm still sitting here not believing a $50k vehicle had a plastic pan and plug. I wonder how many plugs Ford goes through a week on oil changes.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s 2018 lariat with 30k Miles is still on its original plug. I don’t understand how guys are breaking the plugs at every oil change
30K miles is nothing. I'm more concerned about issues years out after the warranty is gone. I can just see that plastic junk popping and wrecking an engine.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been on a lot of car forums and I have not heard of any issues other than some may leak . If you are scared then get the 2.3

30K miles is nothing. I'm more concerned about issues years out after the warranty is gone. I can just see that plastic junk popping and wrecking an engine.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been on a lot of car forums and I have not heard of any issues other than some may leak . If you are scared then get the 2.3
I am neither scared nor am I getting a 4 cylinder.
Sponsored