Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife’s 2018 lariat with 30k Miles is still on its original plug. I don’t understand how guys are breaking the plugs at every oil change
I just did my 10th oil change with that stupid plastic plug at 55k, still working....

I did change to the 3/8 drive version on the first change instead of the one with the tab, much easier to remove/ install with a 3/8 driver. and cleaner....I cant wait for the complaints of oil all over my driveway. lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I should get the Fumoto valve for the plastic oil pan this week. I will do a full review on the Raptor forum as the wankers on this forum are not ready for a solution to containing the massive spill on their garage floor.

:)

I just did my 10th oil change with that stupid plastic plug at 55k, still working....

I did change to the 3/8 drive version on the first change instead of the one with the tab, much easier to remove/ install with a 3/8 driver. and cleaner....I cant wait for the complaints of oil all over my driveway. lol

Last edited:

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
please post your review her. Im interested in what you have to report.
you know the saying about opinions, maybe there are just more A holes here?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I should get the Fumoto valve for the plastic oil pan this week. I will do a full review on the Raptor forum as the wankers on this forum are not ready for a solution to containing the massive spill on their garage floor.

Haha, they know not what awaits them.

I responded to the fumoto email about being a test dummy but I never got a reply, I figured I would just keep 6 spare qts and the original drain plug in the truck and see how the valve did.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They actually called me and talked to me about it and what is expected during the trial. They are even paying for the oil up to $50. Once I agreed, they emailed me an online contract to sign.

I will list out all the details in my review post.

Haha, they know not what awaits them.

I responded to the fumoto email about being a test dummy but I never got a reply, I figured I would just keep 6 spare qts and the original drain plug in the truck and see how the valve did.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They actually called me and talked to me about it and what is expected during the trial. They are even paying for the oil up to $50. Once I agreed, they emailed me an online contract to sign.

I will list out all the details in my review post.
Once and a while I should give out my correct phone number, lol.

Look forward to what you have to say about it. I will say, I dont spill anything anymore....only took about 5 oil changes to get it right. doh!

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! You def work on your technique once you screw up once or twice and spill 6 quarts of oil on your garage floor.

Look forward to what you have to say about it. I will say, I dont spill anything anymore....only took about 5 oil changes to get it right. doh!

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm looking forward to what your review about it has to say. I've used Fumoto valves for a long time and was curious as to why there wasn't one for this oil pan yet.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
update ... I am still waiting for the valve. Today, I received this installation video from Fumoto

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very interesting! I've heard about these things for a long time but previous cars were always pretty standard oil changes so I never felt like it was needed. Might have to look into this when the time comes.

CNElliott

First Edition
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1190SX, 1125CRUly, XB12 Lightning Long Tall
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I have used the Fumoto valves on more than a dozen cars over the last 15 years and love their products. I have written and called them a few times over the last 2 years asking them to make a product for Ford's plastic oil pans. Well today, I received an email from them asking if I wanted to beta test their new product. Currently, my wife drives a 2018 Lariat with the plastic oil drain plug.

BTW .. this is important as the 2.7L and 3.0L (Bronco Raptor/Warthog) both have plastic oil drain plugs.

I hope I am selected because if this product comes to market then I am sure many 2.7L owners will be very happy.

See pic below.

Ford Bronco Fumoto valve for Ford's plastic oil pans ... about damn time Fumoto-cr
GREAT NEWS! Another life long FUMOTO drain valve supporter here. Have purchased many for various vehicles throughout the years and can hardly wait for this one to be available.
THANKS!

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
are these not out yet ?